What Did You Do In Gaming Today

EnviousEnvy

Stardew Valley (Switch)

Finally got Sebastian to date meh! Yes, I feel somewhat accomplished now. Lol.

Until Dawn (PS4) 

Because I'm excited for the developers of Until Dawn's next horror game I wanted to do a replay of this (and the fact I still can't seem to keep Sam alive, oops). Anyway, I'm currently on Episode 4. 

Shining Resonance Refrain (Switch)

Got this as a late surprise bday gift from my best friend. Just started it tonight and so far it's pretty interesting. 

Stardew Valley (Switch)

In about the 7 or 8th day of Summer in my second year. Been focusing on earning more coin and farming than anything.

Stardew Valley (Switch)

Finally proposed to Sebastian and he said yes. All that hard work and I got him!

Witcher 3 (PS4)

Have never beat this game and as I was reorganizing my game shelf I came across it; Decided to give it another go.

Dragon Age Inquisition (PS4)

Because of the summer sale event going on for PS4 games I downloaded the G.O.T.Y edition and now my brother can have his back (I haven't finished this game all the way through yet but I'm determined to do so).

• Like 1

@EnviousEnvy I'm so envious of all your time this past month in Stardew >_> even now, I'm using my first day off in over a month cleaning house instead of playing Stardew Valley 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭  I hope you have better luck with Sebastian than I did. Even keeping him at full hearts and giving gifts every now and then he'd get all moody on me. Was I not a good wife?  I'm forever Shane now! 😁

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, EnviousEnvy said:

Borderlands: GOTY (Xbox One)

Haven't done much gaming lately with the exception of playing the original Borderlands with my fiancé. Other than that, nothing.

Who is which character? I'm assuming by your post in the Borderlands 3 thread that you're playing as a Lilith, but who are you running with?
-

Water has been poor quality here for reasons so I've stayed away from my console a bit since I don't like playing it with dry skin due to the blow back of the fan so I've stuck to the Switch. Fire Emblem Three Houses, Black Eagle House.

3 hours ago, Vitis said:

Who is which character? I'm assuming by your post in the Borderlands 3 thread that you're playing as a Lilith, but who are you running with?
-

Water has been poor quality here for reasons so I've stayed away from my console a bit since I don't like playing it with dry skin due to the blow back of the fan so I've stuck to the Switch. Fire Emblem Three Houses, Black Eagle House.

Definitely Lilith. My fiance is playing as Roland (soldier).

Nothing.  :(  Haven't had any time for games in weeks.  Been squeezing in a couple episodes of anime a week and a page or two of book reading here and there (the Boox is working out well), but that's about it for entertainment lately.

Gotta be at work early so I really shouldn't be getting interested in anything that's liable to delay my rest but I'm checking out a gameplay 'tubie on the No Man's Sky "Beyond" update as I eat dinner and get ready for bed.

Edited by efaardvark

Just bought One Piece Word Seeker and Halo Master Chief Edition for Xbox One as well as a new Xbox One controller today. Also bought the Call of Duty IIII maps for both the Xbox One and PS4 because they were on sale this weekend. Didn't get a chance to play them today however because I was working on the house today. Hoping to get a chance to play tomorrow sometime but won't be surprised if I don't get to since my fiance wants to go out on the boat. Supposed to be beautiful outside.

One Piece World Seeker (Xbox One)

This is actually a pretty decent game so far. Kind of reminds me of Naruto: Rise of A Ninja back when Xbox 360 was the current gen. No stage based fighting either. Kind of digging it. 

Also hiding in crates remind me of the good old days of hiding in boxes in the Metal Gear Solid franchise  😂😂

PhotoGrid_1566186169050.jpg

• Like 1

Reading the KSP2 announcement....   OMG!! 

Nice shoutout to Shaun Esau there at the end of the trailer btw.  Gives me at least a little hope that this will keep the KSP fanbase/roots in mind and not just be a monetization of the franchise by Take Two.

Edited by efaardvark
  • Like 1

Mostly been spending time with two games in mind;

Fran Bow:

By far my favourite game, ever. However I've been playing it over and over again recently to try and work on a bit of a lesson I want to make, and the game is breaking with goodness (I won't say what I'm writing, since it may spoil the suprise :3)

Darkest Dungeon:

Started a new run for darkest dungeon on the highest difficulty, since I wanted to beat it once and for all. So far so good, bit damn does that game kick my butt at times (in the best of ways. Is still super fun though)

Other then that, I don't really get the opportunity to play many games recently due to work, writing and art, but simply sitting down to enjoy them is always a blast! ^^

• Cool (Kakkoii) 1

I'm thinking that with the KSP2 announcement I need to somehow find time to get back to my recently-started 1.7 career game so I can finish it before the new version drops.  2020 will be here before we know it, and there will be distractions like Christ mass-shopping between here and there if I don't get going on it soon.

I played Snake within a demo of the upcoming horror game Blair Witch because honestly it was more interesting than the actual game to me, so won't be getting that one unless the full release shows me something that they didn't have in the early demo.

One Piece World Seeker (Xbox)

Finally figured out a way to Steel City since there was no bridge to cross and Luffy cannot swim in the game. Was able to find Nami and now have to rescue Robin and another member of my crew (forgot which one it was, lol). 

Life Is Strange (PS4)

Never actually beat the game (for reasons I don't remember) but picked up a copy of "Before The Storm" so I know I have to finish this one now, lol.

Halo: Master Chief Edition (Xbox)

Fiance and I picked up a copy of this game last weekend so we had another game besides Borderlands to play together. 

Today and tomorrow I'm burning off some comp time from work so I'm finally getting back to my KSP "career" game.  Only I think I'm pushing a bit too hard.  I just started this game so I don't have ANY tracking station upgrades.  No upgrades m/eans no patched conics, maneuver nodes, or encounter indicators.  In fact, no planning aids at all, basically just orbit ellipses and flying by the seat of one's pants.  Nevertheless I took 4 contracts, 2 of which require going to the Mun.  One is "just" an orbit & return.  That would be hard enough without the course-plotting aids, but I've done that much before.  The other one requires landing. 

Landing isn't too hard - assuming I can make orbit in the first place - but since the other contract requires returning the spacecraft that means I have to take off again, orbit, transfer back to Kerbin (Earth), and land.   That means I can't just land a simple probe to transmit a temperature reading and then leave it.  I need extra fuel for the trip home at least.  I need to "soft" land in spite of the extra weight/mass.  And I need to bring the extra mass of stuff like a heat shield and parachute that are useless for landing on an airless moon like the Mun, but critical for getting back safely on the ground at home.

Ordinarily I'd want to break the spacecraft up into sections designed for the different mission phases, or maybe even do two missions, but I think I can do it in one monolithic one.  If so then that means all the cost of what would have been the second mission becomes profit!  Unfortunately I'm early in the tech tree and don't have things like docking ports and fuel transfers available.  I don't even have landing gear!  Or at least not the heavy-duty stuff that would stand up to the relatively massive lander I'll have to put down.  I do have some rover wheels with good enough suspension to work.  That complicates things even more, but there was a contract to test that part and the money was good so why not?  In for a penny, in for a pound.  Right?  It does give me the opportunity to drive around and collect more science points as well. 

I feel like the game has given me a lot of rope to hang myself with here.  :)  

That said it actually all seems to be working according to plan.  I built a rover/lander with enough power and an antenna to drive around a bit and transmit bunches of science back to Kerbin.  Assuming I can land it on the Mun of course.  I managed to launch it successfully, and even get a Munar encounter before I had to stop for the night.  (Getting too old for all-nighters. :( )  It even looks like I somehow still have enough delta-v to orbit. land, take off, and come home.  I put a hefty heat shield on the part that comes back so I don't have to be too accurate with the return trajectory.  (As long as it hits the atmosphere and not the planet I should be ok.)  I should get gobs of money for facility upgrades and enough science points to unlock quite a chunk of the tech tree, especially if I can land close enough to the border of two biomes so that the rover can explore both before having to come back.  That's a lot of unhatched chicken-counting but we'll see.  So far, so good.  Hopefully I can finish this mission and retire all these contracts tomorrow before I have to go back to work.  (Ugh.)

screenshot24.thumb.png.cc7c4fd9a3733e48493da94faa424466.png

• Cool (Kakkoii) 1

I did it!  Well, I landed successfully on the Mun.  Currently roving around gathering science.  Found one of the special new surface items from the Breaking Ground DLC.  First time I found one since I bought it.  Unfortunately I don't have the science instruments to get anything from it.  Oh well.

Now if I can just avoid crashing the rover long enough to find another biome, then take off and make it back to Kerbin.   Onward!

screenshot27.thumb.png.6443865f99c2e254d5eacadcbc6dec0e.png