Seshi

Kimetsu no Yaiba (Demon Slayer)

Since it’s airing now and has a huge fan base I thought I’d drop this thread here. Please discuss all things Demon Slayer.

Please remember to use the spoiler button to hide content that could be a spoiler for those not far along in the series.

This Ep 1. AMV I found pretty well sums up the first episode:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

It definitely has very high production quality, both the animation & the music. And the first episode was very impressive.

After seeing some clips of his fellow apprentices, however, I'm a bit concerned it could become a bit too silly (particularly the blond haired one).

47163669_783767358622564_261921428648693

Don't get me wrong, it doesn't need to be all bloodshed & tragedy, but I hope it doesn't become too cartoonish.

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Like 1

To me the quality already seems very cartoonish. Too bad, like I said before I’d love it if the drawings were more like Claymore or something more serious. But it’s okay, the plot alone has enough draw for me.

1 hour ago, Seshi said:

Too bad, like I said before I’d love it if the drawings were more like Claymore or something more serious

Slightly off topic, but you might want to check out Dororo if you haven't already

• Like 2

@Seshi I think the quality matches how it's drawn in the manga which to me makes sense. Claymore is kinda in a class of it's own cos it didnt have any comedic scenes unlike demon slayer. Side note I tried for days to find an anime like claymore and I got disappointed that there weren't any good ones

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, Ohiotaku said:

Slightly off topic, but you might want to check out Dororo if you haven't already

It’s on my watch list 😁

———

Just watched episode 2, and the animation quality was better than my first impression as far as  cartoonish drawings... but the silly bits from the demon were kind of weird for me. There was plenty of gore and mature content but it was also silly. I hope the dialogue and sillyness gets better as the series goes, sometimes it just takes a young manga time to grow up.

Edited by Seshi

I'm loving Demon Slayer after only the first couple of episodes! The animation, music, characters, plot, all of it. I really like the sibling bond aspect, too. 

• Like 1

I had high hopes in terms of animation since it's ufotable, the use of cgi incredible! its used in the right moments and not distracting at all, i find the cartoonish characters fitting in this world. it was a bit off at first but got used to it. in terms of story it is decent. regarding his family it was a bit cliche and predictable but the way they did it was great, definitely going to watch the rest of the series.

Edited by Mr Intellect
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

I actually got the first volume of the manga last year but never got around to reading it, the art style is a bit off-putting to me. The concept is really what interested me, in a similar vein as Pupa, but I doubt this will betray my expectations like that did.

Wow I've never seen this one, but it looks really, really good ;O

21 hours ago, Mr Intellect said:

I had high hopes in terms of animation since it's ufotable, the use of cgi incredible! its used in the right moments and not distracting at all, i find the cartoonish characters fitting in this world. it was a bit off at first but got used to it. in terms of story it is decent. regarding his family it was a bit cliche and predictable but the way they did it was great, definitely going to watch the rest of the series.

I really agree about the animation. I was impressed by the use of CGI as well, so I wasn't surprised when I saw it was by Ufotable. I am a person who is extremely picky about CGI in anime, I rarely watch any that are done primarily in CGI, and I don't like it when other anime use it frequently, either. But, the use of it in Demon Slayer so far has been excellent and really elevated the immersive feeling. For instance, during the second episode, when he is running down the mountain the CGI was amazing and I loved the way it was done.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Vivi Hyuuga said:

I really agree about the animation. I was impressed by the use of CGI as well, so I wasn't surprised when I saw it was by Ufotable. I am a person who is extremely picky about CGI in anime, I rarely watch any that are done primarily in CGI, and I don't like it when other anime use it frequently, either. But, the use of it in Demon Slayer so far has been excellent and really elevated the immersive feeling. For instance, during the second episode, when he is running down the mountain the CGI was amazing and I loved the way it was done.

i watched episode 2 recently, and i agree. the animation was even better in this one. the mountain scene was astounding. ufotable didn't disappoint.

• Like 1