Anime Enthusiast Or Otaku?

Manifesto

Anime Enthusiast Or Otaku?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Anime Enthusiast Or Otaku?

• Anime Enthusiast
    • Otaku

Well, its not that I prefer to be called it, but I am clearly an Okatu. The fact that I spend a good bit of my time watching anime, reading VNs and manga, and even items like this:

fatezero-cross-wallet.jpg.33feaab275acc2013c827711efd5dfd9.jpg

^This is a Fate/Zero wallet in case you didn't know.

that I carry around everywhere, I highly doubt anyone could call me just an anime enthusiast after learning about all that. And to top it all off, I'm on a forum about anime where I nearly have 700 posts... so yeah.

• Like 1

I prefer the term Otaku, even though I don't measure up to the average Otaku. Due to my situation I don't really buy much anime related stuff. And I don't even watch that much main stream anime. A lot of the stuff that is considered the "norm" I don't, for example Code: GEASE, Attack on Titan, Naruto, stuff like that. But of the anime I do watch it's with the utmost vigor, so that's why I consider myself "Otaku".

PS, I live in Asia, so your argument is invalid.

Neither, I guess. I wouldn't want to be an otaku of anything, unless joking about it. I wouldn't particularly say I'm an enthusiast either. Maybe casual, since I don't actually watch all that much.

I am definitely an Otaku , I watch too much anime and read too much manga to be called anything but an Otaku.

My only short coming my opinion is that I only have one piece of memorabilia and that's my FMA Pocket watch , which I got from England.

Problem is that over here memorabilia is very difficult to come by , in my years of being an Otaku I have only ever found one item and that was an Ichigo hollow mask (1st version) and nothing since then has popped up , the only other way to get that sort of thing here is to order it online but I don't have a credit card.

. And I don't even watch that much main stream anime. A lot of the stuff that is considered the "norm" I don't, for example Code: GEASE, Attack on Titan, Naruto, stuff like that. But of the anime I do watch it's with the utmost vigor, so that's why I consider myself "Otaku".

I don't think people who only watch the popular/well known anime have the right to call themselves anime enthusiasts never mind calling themselves Otakus.

• 1 month later...

I'm not an Otaku, at all. I don't collect anime figurines, listen to vocaloids or whatever they're called, and I don't even watch anime that often anymore, only involving myself in discussions of old anime series from before 2010.

So yes, anime-enthusiast works fine for me.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I'd be more of a casual anime enthusiast. I'm definitely not an otaku. And I don't even watch anime regularly enough (not to mention what I do watch is older series, usually) to be considered a full enthusiast. So it's just a casual enjoyment for me, for now.

I wouldn't really catagorize myself as an otaku or extreme anime enthusiast. I certainly enjoy anime from time to time. I don't really like to lable myself as anything though. xD I am a fan I guess~

• Winner 1

I don't really care what people call me. They can call me anything they want. All I know is I would keep on watching anime until I'm so old that I can't anymore physically. I will read manga from time to time. I will continue adding to my figure collection if I have money to spare. And I will work on anime-related projects from time to time. (Like the metacritic for anime website and I Am A Hero motion manga I made. check my signature below)

But if I have to choose, anime enthusiast. Since I don't see myself as a hardcore otaku,

• 3 weeks later...
  • Geano locked this topic