Jump to content

RepentantSky

AF Member
  • Posts

    906
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    19

Everything posted by RepentantSky

  1. Do you happen to know who wrote that article or on what site you saw it? As someone who written article after article on things over the years, I do find it interesting on a possibly different level than most when someone writes an article I completely disagree with so I can figure out how they came to that conclusion. Honestly, the only thing I can think of, is that whoever wrote it might be like a lot of other anime fans out there who find anime as an escape during rough points in their life, but unlike so many who do that, they somehow weren't able to clear their minds of the negative emotions they felt during that time, and are blaming anime for it. That logic makes no sense to me, because I've never looked at anime and felt I needed to be negative towards people because of it. The mindset behind that idea has got me interested though.
  2. First off, that's 5, I think, unless your talking dot hack root, and if you are, that makes two. .hack as a series started in 2002, but had a manga in 2001, and was in concept possibly as far back as 1999, so .hack//Sign and .hack//Root, along with any one of their movies or shorter anime, or manga, do not count. At best they influenced SAO. Danmatchi and King's Avatar gives you two, but you forgot about Overlord, so I'll help you out and give you three. You know what's funny about that number? That's how many anime I'm aware of from Summer 2017, that tried to use the concept of Re:Zero, so in a matter of two years, you got as many anime based off of SAO, as Re:Zero got, in one season. Please do some research before you just see an anime that has a similar setting to another one, and assume they must have been influenced by that first anime you were thinking of. I did that research on the last two you mentioned in the same 30 seconds you did finding 5 anime, some of which do not count.
  3. If you're certain there are a bunch of copycats, why not tell me which ones you are so convinced are indeed copycats, because when I looked up virtual reality anime, I saw, perhaps ironically, virtually nothing.
  4. Re: Zero, is also highly overrated, and has indirectly inspired a ton of lazy copycats hoping to match it. At least SAO didn't do that, shockingly.
  5. The only one of those I even like is Fairytail so...
  6. I think in most cases the threads where it took the longest for a post to actually go through, was all longer than a page or more, but at certain times it wasn't a problem at all, like in the "What Would you Do if the User Above You had a crush on you" thread. To me it seems to happen a bit randomly.
  7. Well, welcome to AF. And don't worry, we aren't so weird as to count Avatar a, what was it, Chinese anime? Seriously who came up with that one lol.
  8. Legit know nothing about you, so that might be a bit awkward.
  9. Not be rude but it is a little odd to make your first post about singles on the forum. While the topic does come up of course, it makes it seem like you only joined for the sake of trying to get into a relationship with someone.
  10. Let me add something seen as a little weird to this:
  11. I would say for the most part people just see guys and girls who are into something weird, but the again those same people seem to forget that things like Sailor Moon, DBZ and Pokemon count so there's that. That said, it's true of a lot of people outside of a fandom or a type of entertainment they aren't used to. People will give me strange looks when I tell them I'm into visual Kei, but I'm into it because I can appreciate the art that goes into the style, and a lot of the music can be a but off putting, but no more than Metal is most people. It's just something that happens, be it for good or bad reasons, and sadly there's not a lot we can do about it either.
  12. I have to say I have found one thing to be bit annoying, and that's how long it can take at times for a post to actually go through after you hit submit reply. I've actually had to sit there near a full minute a few times. This wouldn't be much of a problem, but considering the other one never had this issue, it does come off as an annoyance.
  13. I was hoping people wouldn't actually assume that my opinion was based off of something someone else said. I feel like I've done enough in this forum that people didn't think I wasn't able to think for myself. Sad to to see that's not true, I merely recommended that someone here go watch someone who shares my opinion, but whatever I'm done. I'm done with you, and I'm done with this anime. I've said my bit about it enough times for most the regulars to see, so unless we get a whole bunch of new members who want to what people think about it, I see no point in continuing to talk about it. From here on out Woodahs, you're on my ignore list.
  14. If it looks like this: It's Samurai Champloo
  15. I was going to dawn the school outfit for the character in Persona 5, maybe even go as far as to be the main character, but things didn't play out well for it. Maybe next year I'll do it. The outfit looks like the attached image. If I had gone full cosplay of the main character, I would have needed to get a black curly wig and maybe some contacts.
  16. For me relieving stress comes down to talking to people who don't stress me out, playing video games, or rocking out to music I used to listen to when I was growing up in the 90's, or even sometimes, something a bit more modern like BabyMetal.
  17. Could you link the video that you heard this in? Even if any or all of us go look up the song, we might not find the video you found to be able to tell you what the audio is and from what anime it is.
  18. I wish it was just the harem that was a problem, because then I could dismiss it. Instead pretty much everything outside of the animation has issues. Rather than me stating what I've said a dozen times before again though, I would ask you to look up a YouTuber named Mothers Basement. He pretty much broke down everything that's wrong with the series in multiple videos that are worth a watch.
  19. SNES for system, my favorite game is Chrono Trigger. Rating it I would say it's a 10/10. The game looked great at the time, combat was great, and because it was a shorter game, there was plenty of time to get the multiple endings. It's just a great game that aged incredibly well.
  20. If you want to, rate it as well, or even review it if you're so inclined. I'll start. System, PlayStation. Favorite Game, Spyro The Dragon.
  21. My favorite Holiday's Halloween and Christmas happening more than once a year. What's something that you wish you could experience again for the first time?
  22. I'd probably buy the games and equipment needed to get my YouTube page going and deposit what's left as backing in case it didn't go through. What do you do if the person you admired most called you to hang out for a day?
×
×
  • Create New...