-
Posts
906 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
19
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
Everything posted by RepentantSky
-
Okay so Sony was a little bit disappointing. No Crash, No Final Fantasy, No Spyro and no The Last of Us 2. That said, Spiderman, Monster Hunter World, Uncharted the Lost Legacy and many other titles were looking amazing all throughout. God of War gave us some new combat, Days Gone gave me some Horizon Zero Dawn vibes, which by the way, Horizon Zero Dawn getting some DLC/Expansion's I'm okay with. Detroit Become Human is looking to be more than I thought it was, so that was really nice to see. I never saw an HD remake coming for Shadow of the Colossus, so all of my yes to that, please let me have it now. I kind of wish Ni No Kuni II would have been a part of the show, because it kind of feels like it's being treated like less of a game than it is, but the Pre-show in general was fairly good, and Ni No Kuni topped it off fairly well and then of course Undertale coming to PS4 and PSVita is super nice. Overall it was a good show. Not Sony's best mind, but the best of E3 thus far. Now it's all up to Nintendo, and we'll see where that goes. My overall rating for Sony is a 9/10.
-
I'd like to know as well. It seemed to me like they really focused on releasing several different kinds of games and they all looked at least somewhat interesting.
-
Yo Ubisoft just blew it out of the park today. They managed to only talk about a few games we already knew about briefly, all while new sequels, new IP's and overall great looking games and all with almost no problems at all. I don't much care for a South Park mobile game, but Skull & Bones, the AC Origins Trailer, The Far Cry 5 gameplay, Starlink, all of it looked anywhere from good to absolutely amazing. All of it accumulated to the one thing we all wanted but weren't sure we'd see, Beyond Good and Evil 2. I am blown away by how it looks, and I absolutely cannot wait to play it. Ubisoft has had the best conference all E3 by far, and I will give them an 8.9/10 for all that. We needed something like that headed into Sony, and now, they have some competition
-
Okay so, some things happened during the PC Gaming Show so I missed some of it, but I got the general idea of what went on. First off, Tunic looks like a lot of fun now that we saw some gameplay of it, there was an update for Killing Floor 2, which is a game I actually enjoy, so here's hoping it won't take long for it come to console, because my PC doesn't not have that game, War Groove finally got some gameplay for it so that was nice to see. There were a few moments that were a bit stale in there, but the expansion for XCOM 2 looks fairly good, and I really think I want to have a crack at Battletech. There was another game that I can't remember the name of that was pretty cute looking that I'd probably give a go. Warhammer II looks alright, but I'm a huge Warhammer guy so I can't say I'm too excited for that one. All in all it was a good show, but it wasn't spectacular. It was kind of a no harm no foul situation. If I had to give it a rating, I'd say it gets 6/10 for kind of just being there. There wasn't really much of anything that bothered me, but there wasn't anything really exciting that I didn't already know about either. My favorite game from the show was probably Griftlands.
-
And to think People get on Square for porting games and only making sequels. Seriously, what the hell was that? Two new games, the rest are ports, and one of those games we already knew about. That may or may not be Bethesda's fault, but it doesn't mean I should think better of the show for it. Bethesda has the worst conference so far. I give them a 3/10, only because Wolfenstein II looks somewhat interesting. The rest of it can screw off, because I'm sick of them whoring out their main games.
-
Okay so, Microsoft conference was interesting. The highlights were obviously an Ori sequel. AC Origins was looking alright with it's RPG elements added in. Cuphead was finally shown again, but for some reason it was less than a minute but it does seem like it will be releasing on September 29th so there's that. There were some indie titles that looked alright, but nothing amazing. Super Lucky's Tale looks pretty alright and I'm always open for platformer titles so hopefully we'll see more of that soon. Sea of Thieves was looking pretty good, but I feel like for all the time it took to get through that gameplay demo they didn't show us nearly enough. It took 20 minutes to really get into possibly interesting or unexpected games, and even then they were still only mostly okay. The two D DBZ fighting game looks alright but of course I'm more likely to play that on PC or PS4 than I am Xbox. The highlights of the whole show was Anthem's gameplay, although they really need to stop using that cheap cheesy dialogue that nobody buys into when playing games supposedly with other people. At least they didn't try and fake it like it was live, but they did try with some title I can't remember because I didn't care enough. Anyways, Anthem looks great, but I do wish you could play without the suits because then it feels like you aren't ever really in any danger because you can always fly away. Overall, Microsoft had more interesting games then I thought they would, but they made you sit through a lot of crap in order to get through it, and I wish they would stop putting that stupid voice over at the start of everything new they show, it's annoying. Microsoft just barely gets a better rating than EA with 6.8/10. I can't say the whole thing was even average because there was so much crap in there I didn't care about. I expect that from EA, but Microsoft should have been able to do better, instead of making it feel like I was slogging through most of it to get to what I cared about. This is all just going on the conference alone, the games that I liked, I really liked.
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6hwQ8_0DDA
-
Hit the member above you with the item to your right
RepentantSky replied to Vigil's topic in Forum Games & Memes
Guess I'm hitting Zoop with my Computer Tower. I really liked it too, seems like a waste, but oh well, them's the rules. -
Honestly I tend to stick with Kisala and Lilika although sometimes Zegram is nice for the extra damage he does.
-
Probably, level 5. They developed Dark Cloud for the PS2, and it's one of the first things I remember ever seeing at E3, but ever since I played their first game, I've been hooked to them. Dark Cloud 2 was even better than the original and Rouge Galaxy was even better than that. They hiccuped a little bit with White Knight Chronicles, but came back even stronger with some of the best in the Professor Layton games, Yokai Watch games, Inazuma Eleven, Attack of the Friday Monsters and Fantasy Life. One of my biggest hopes for E3 is that The Snack World will be given a trailer confirming it's Western release to be in the future, instead of us having to wait for two and a half years like most of their ports. Really though, they only they do that I don't like is take too long to port games to different regions, other than that, they are pretty much without a flaw in their lineup.
-
Bethesda. They politic for IP's instead of just buying them because it's cheaper, they don't update their engines because it's cheaper, they don't have a problem releasing games that glitch in a way that shouldn't be acceptable, they attack indie developers just prove they can throw their weight around, and everyone of their hardcore fans eat all that shit up like it's their favorite dessert even though it's a load of crap.
-
I'd say pretty mixed. On the one hand. I think Xbox might finally be able to impress me for the first time since the Xbox One was released, but at the same time, I have my doubts. EA Play, was only okay so that's not the greatest. I'm not a fan of Bethesda's business practices, so I can't be bothered to care about them much. PlayStation has been so all over the place that it's hard to say, and KHIII won't be at the show because of last night's trailer so who knows what Square is up to besides maybe FF7 Remake. I'm not quite sure what to think about the PC gaming show because it's hard to know when a show lasts for three hours. Ubisoft is always a mixed bag, but that mix is usually games that look disappointing and are, and games that don't look disappointing but end up that way. I have no idea what to expect from Devolver Digital, because they are having a conference for the first time, and I can't for the life of me think of anything interesting that they could do. Then finally, there's Nintendo. I don't know what to think about them. I don't want them focusing solely on the Switch because then it will seem like they've lost confidence in the system, but at the same time, I don't want them to focus too much on the 3DS either because then Switch owners are going to hate everything about their E3 Spotlight. Also, I don't know what they can do what will surprise anyone aside from bringing Smash Bros to the Switch, either with a new game or a Wii U port, and really that wouldn't be that surprising since we are still getting Amiibo related to Smash. My overall impression really comes down to, I don't know. EA had three interesting things, I imagine most shows aren't going to be much better than that, although the games we all get excited for might be better than what EA had. We'll just have to see.
-
Kingdom Hearts will not be at E3, but only because this happened: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaHSpUZgW24
-
It has been a while for me as well. I can't even remember what the last one is, but I feel like it was on a Nintendo system. Either way, I'm hopeful we'll see another trailer for the story before E3's end.
-
Wish granted but now you have a bread allergy I wish I could start my preferred career.
-
Welcome to AF. Enjoy our craziness to your hearts content.
-
EAPlay was alright. Anthem looks like it will be fun. A Way Out has an interesting way to play, and Star Wars looks great. I just hope the servers are fine at launch. One of the reasons I feel, there weren't server issues with the first EA Battlefront was because they were fairly simple. These look to be a lot more complex. Battlefield 1 stuff was interesting, but I don't play it so I can't care that much, and I can't be bothered to care about Sports. At least they didn't have some professional athlete on their show again for no reason. EAplay overall, I give a 6.5/10. It's not a bad way to kick off E3, but it's not amazing either. At least Anthem gave me something to look forward to where Xbox is concerned, so that's nice.
-
Here's a simple one for you. What is the oldest anime you have ever watched, and what did you think of it?
-
This is an interesting event idea but admittedly, I would have felt awkward taking part in a love letter contest. Writing something else would be fine though.
-
I have a PSP, PSVita, a 3DS XL, two DS, a GBA, a PS2, PS3, PS4, an Xbox360 and an XboxOne. 11 system hype!
-
Death Stranding will not be at E3 this year: http://www.usgamer.net/articles/hideo-kojima-says-death-stranding-wont-be-at-e3-this-year Sony promises Japanese games, Japanese games are taking the biggest hits we know about going into E3. What is even going on anymore.
-
I am not as familiar with Western RPG's, mostly because I think the term is overused for games with light RPG elements. That said, there are a few I can recommend, and Mass Effect is not one of them, because I haven't played them. Borderlands 1, 2, and the Pre-Sequel. The games are fun, the characters not so much, because most of them are pretty huge jerks but the gameplay is great and worth playing for that reason alone. Witcher Series, namely 2 and 3. A lot of people don't talk about 2 but to understand 3 you really need to play it and it's a fine game. Witcher 3 however is great in terms of gameplay and the stories are good, just be aware that there is some nudity, which I don't know if that bothers you or not but they have it. That said, it's good series to play. Horizon Zero Dawn. Honestly the best Western RPG out right now. The story is great, the combat is the most engaging I have ever played in action RPG, there is essentially no flaws in the game. It can be somewhat difficult at times, but that's what makes it all the more interesting, and it's absolutely gorgeous to boot, easily the best looking game on the PS4. If only ever play one Western RPG, make it this one.
-
I once nearly finished writing a book in it's first draft. I was about 176 pages into it when I thought it would be about 235. It had kind of based off of Ruroni Kenshin in it's setting, but I had all original characters and plot points for it. There was even a part that I had worked on for a very long time where the main character had to sneak into a fortress to save one of his friends and it was nearly 20 pages of the whole story. It was detailed, made sense, I had edited it several times because each time I went to work on it, I made some changes, I spent over 1000 hours on that book. This was well before cloud saves though and even though I'd backed it up on an external drive, it somehow got deleted off the drive and my computer, and I couldn't restore it on either of them either. The only thing that survived of that story was a character I had made named Riku, with no association to anything Square related who ended up in my next attempt at a story I made. That story was kind of based off of Bleach, where creatures existed who had taken the forms and powers of Gods from many religions and mythologies, and only those who were trained to fight each monster from reach mythology could harm them, save for the one group Riku was from who fight all of them, but were too few to do it on their own, hence the groups who specialized in fighting them. For no particular reason, I had decided the group that could fight them all fought against Angel's and Jesus like monsters from the Christian faith. The reason it was like Bleach was because the characters mostly used blades, and even they could be imbued by Spirits to "Power Up" into different forms. They also had more than one form. Riku had two blades, which is my preferred fighting style because of JRPG's I've played. In their first form, the right blade inflicted hot burns and the left icy chills that could freeze opponents. The second form would see the Ice and Fire Powers increased but the souls that inhabited them were jealous of one another and would fight to be used, meaning they would switch which blades they possessed in an attempt to get used more. The third form saw them behaving better and increasing their attack output making if possible for Riku to move faster as the force of the flames would increase his speed or to slide quickly across roads of ice. That one as well, despite being backed up, was also somehow deleted. Finally, I started working on a comicbook, although without art because I can't draw where the main hero was treated like a villain because his powers basically were seen as horrifying to those who witnessed them, and often would lead to them losing their minds. His power was basically to enchant any item he wanted and imbue it with the power to fight for him, but whatever he used became horribly misshapen when started using it. He was also mutated so he had a frightful appearance. He lacked the ability to really control his powers fully which led to people around him losing their minds. Opposing him were a family of four, who seen as heroes largely because they could create resources such as steel or trees out of nothing. They were known as the stonewalls because they had once stopped a flash flood from drowning four different towns at once with walls made of stone. I had a few others with powers such as one who could not only read minds, but change the thoughts in them, and another who was actually evil who read the powers of another upon contact and borrow them for a day. That one, I ran out of ideas for really quickly, and haven't wrote a thing for it in years.
-
Myself; Yourself http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOb2SQ66RZM FMA Opening 4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQLiX4b428I Boruto Next Generations Opening (male version) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-h3a9BTOZI D. Gray-man Hallow Opening http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsQIlNoHTjs
-
Oh boy you have wondered into my favorite genre of all time. Interesting fact, I played JRPG's before, but Chrono Cross was what really got me hooked on them as well. I don't want to spoil anything in case you haven't finished it, but there's a part in the game that is to this day my favorite moment of any PlayStation One title. Anyways, suggestions. Suikoden II. This is a very character driven game with multiple endings. It's a really big time sink though, as in order to get the best ending, you need to find and do the backstory for 108 characters. You'll need a walkthrough to get them all, but believe me, it's well worth it. Even if you miss a few, it's still a very well done game. Dot hack IMOQ and the Dot Hack GU Trilogy. This is a total of seven PS2 games I'm recommending here, but believe me, they are all worth it. However these to can be a huge time sink. The first four games Infection, Mutation, Outbreak and Quarantine, hence IMOQ, are not that long, but to understand the world, you have to watch .hack://Signs first. Then, you have to play all four games, although they should take less than 20 hours each, especially the last one which can be beaten in less than 10, then you have to watch the anime called .hack://Roots, and play the GU trilogy of games, which take about 25 hours each if you do most of the sidequests, which you should because they'll give you items that increase your stats, and allow you to unlock some better items heading into each new title. Overall it would probably take about 200 hours to get through them, but if you do it bit by bit, it's well worth it, and it'll give you a good idea of how action RPG's today started off as they are. Final Fantasy Tactics. This is probably, the best game in the final fantasy line-up if you want my personal opinion. I don't tend to like strategy games as much, but this one is spectacular. It has a great story, and an amazing battle system that will teach you all about genre's best troupes. If for some reason you don't want to try FFT, because I saw your post about having issues with some final fantasy games already, I suggest Stella Glow or Fire Emblem Awakening or even Fire Emblem and the Sacred Stones. Persona 4 Golden. It's been suggested, but let me iterate a little bit. Persona 4 Golden, is my favorite RPG of all time. It has the best turn-based combat of I have ever seen, it's characters make it immersive, the story is incredibly good at avoiding obvious hints as you find out the truth, and the music is best fitting for a game like it. Suikoden II will help you to understand the fantasy side of JRPG's, but Persona 4 Golden, will help you understand the modern side of it. Anything from Level 5. Level 5 has created Dark Cloud, Dark Cloud 2, Rouge Galaxy, Fantasy Life, Jeanne D'arc, Yokai Watch, Dragon Quest 8 and 9, and Ni No Kuni, with a sequel expected to release later this year. They also have two other games called White Knight Chronicles, but you really have to understand Level 5 as a development team and what their style is to appreciate those games so I suggest holding off on them, if you don't skip them entirely. Level 5 is absolutely the best at making charming games though, and while that didn't really start showing up until a bit later in their development of games, once if did, they changed the face of RPG's forever. They have some of the best action, strategy, and turn-based games ever made. This post is getting long, and I'm barely tapping in to what I know, but these titles from all different generations and times should help you to understand and appreciate the JRPG genre as a whole. Hope this helps.
Anime Forums
A unique community of fans from around the world, who gather to share their fandom and love of anime, manga, gaming, fanart and at the cornerstone of it all, Japanese culture!
Take a moment to join us today and you'll have access to our member clubs and events too. Come join in the fun and become a part of our community.