-
Posts
906 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
19
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
Everything posted by RepentantSky
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KukSVxgsQkg You can really insert any Persona though and I'll probably be listening to it after this one lol.
-
My goodness zoop you sure are popular. You're gonna end up with the most replies of anyone with these threads. That said, I'm curious, what actually got you into anime?
-
Yep, that'll do.
-
Ya got any other funny videos like that one?
-
Pie, and my favorite is Lemon meringue. My favorite cake is probably Chocolate.
-
Well first, I try not to have a nervous breakdown meeting Steven Blum. If that's successful, I'll just start a conversation asking him what about certain roles and what he thought of them and all that. Provided all that fails though, I apologize and run like hell.
-
One of my favorite quotes comes from a villain in Mega Man Legends 2. He simply says: "Work on your skill, not your speed, because your speed, won't last." Giving the kind of job I used to do where speed mattered, even as I was losing it, I took that advice to heart and worked on my skill so much, that I was able to take short cuts with my job that weren't harmful in any way, but that kept me moving fast.
-
I'm from South Cali, home to weird weather, old men who brought their racist ideals to all the small towns, and just about every major landmark in the state.
-
The most obvious answer is to have as many men as possible at my side ready for when they attack, but I prefer to be a bit sneaky so instead, I'll have some of my men infiltrate whatever group is aiming for me, earn their trust, and take out as many as they can. If they survive, they get to move up in the world, if they don't, we take out whatever's left of the opposition in our fallen comrades names, and claim that they attacked my pursuers without my knowledge, but they had to be avenged.
-
lol, that ending was amusing. But to answer the question, I have to problem with it at all. I am a man of God, but because I believe more than anything that God gave us freedom to choose and to be whoever we want, I take no issue with it. You can identify as whatever you want, date whoever you want, you can even do polygamy as long as all involved are okay with it and aware, and involved. None of it bothers me, and I'm always open to see things from a different perspective.
-
My three favorite Asian foods are Udon Ramen, Sushi and Mushroom Chicken, so with that in mind, Japanese and Chinese foods are my favorite. To be honest, I don't have a lot of experience with Thai, Vietnamese and Korean food, but I would like to fix that at some point.
-
Screw it, I'll join in on this fad. Ask me anything. I got a good mix of serious and funny in me, so let's see how that plays out. I'm also decent at giving advice so, go crazy, and let's enjoy this.
-
My definition of good weather is cold and rainy so, I guess take that one how you will.
-
That actually looks like a lot fun. Beta's always have issues, but it'd be cool to take part in it for sure.
-
[MEDIA=imgur]Z0hmNKp[/MEDIA] Makoto from Persona 5 is probably my favorite. She has the ability to be gentle and kind, but when it comes to a fight, there's no one more badass then her. There's no anime yet for Persona 5, technically, but it's coming, and she'll probably kick the most ass when it does arrive.
-
It's in the 90's here right now, but in two days it'll probably be cloudy, a little rainy, and in the 60's and 70's. Unless this ends up being a colder storm so it ends up in the 50's, which I'm hoping for.
-
I got one for you. You go blind every time you watch or play your TV shows and video games. How do you still enjoy them?
-
All I'm playing right now is Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. I'm hopelessly stuck on Neptunia Rebith 3, so that's in the backlog for the moment.
-
Sekkarou tries to make people nervous but I ain't afraid of no Sek, let's hug it out.
-
Welcome to AF! New members are always welcome here.
-
That character is super cute and looks friendly so, yeah. Absolutely.
-
I mean, who wouldn't? That said I'd be shocked to see someone say yes to mine.
-
Don't get me wrong, I'm okay with cosmetic items most of the time. There's hardly a person alive who doesn't like their character to look a certain way when the option is there, even if they way otherwise. Injustice 2's system however, bothers me. You buy these crystal things that can be used to unlock the cosmetic items and it's handled like a mobile game such as say Pokemon Duel or Fire Emblem Heroes where you can buy several different amounts for ever increasing prices. That particular model just bothers me. Other than that, we seem to largely agree about things. Really I only tend to play mobile games when I don't want to play anything in my backlog and I'm bored enough to try them out so that practice rarely bothers me, it's more that I believe in better business practices than that.
-
It depends. For example I don't like Injustice 2's microtransactions because they offer non-stat based cosmetic changes. That goes completely against the grain in all the wrong ways. Why would I buy a cosmetic item that doesn't change my stats, when I can earn plenty by playing the game, that do. The same goes for any game like that, it doesn't make sense to charge real life money for cosmetic differences. In another sense it can be okay, such as how some of Pokemon Go's transactions work. I don't agree with having to pay real life money to get certain items like Pokeballs, since those are usually always easy to get off of Pokestops, however paying to increase item space or to buy Incubators, is okay, but it's still not great. I also hate how games with microtransactions tend to have items come up at a certain, desirable rate, that can also be bought down which gets people into the game, and then decreases that item later, just to make it more likely people will pay for it, because now their invested. There's also the odd forcing of trying to make people pay for stuff to complete the game. I have a story about that actually. I was playing this one mobile game that was about matching shapes and clearing a stage by getting rid of all the shapes. There was this one level I got to that was really hard, and I kept losing, but then I remembered I had been given special moves that would make the level easier, so I thought I'd try them to get past it, and I used every move I had to get to the end of the level, and these meant getting rid of certain shapes, changing some of them to be the same, and all that. So, I got to the end, and you have a certain amount of moves for each level, and I had 10 moves left to get the final shape after using all those moves, and it never came up, and then the game asked me to pay to continue the level with more moves and one of my specials recharged at random. That kind of thing, obviously is not okay. The game was obviously rigged at that point to try and force me to pay in order to move on. When were talking about microtransactions in AAA titles, I have a little less patience with them though, because I already bought the base game, don't offer me content that can only be bought by chipping away at my bank account bit by bit, that either has no effect on the gameplay, or a huge impact on it. There's better ways to do that, and microtransactions are usually handled poorly.
-
See, now that I can get behind. The idea of DLC being worth what it costs is fine, because sometimes extra content is worth it. Take The Left Behind DLC for The Last of Us, which later became a sort of stand alone title. It had a great story, clearly in line with the quality of the main game, and was pretty fairly priced. The DLC for Infamous 2, called Festival of Blood was also really good because it was fairly cheap, but still had a decent amount of collectibles, and it gave Cole some new powers to mess around with and new enemies to fight with, and it to was fairly cheap. Good DLC, I have no problem with, and in fact I encourage it because I understand that in order to make a profit off of a game, you need to sell more than just it's 30 to 60 dollar base price. Making games is expensive after all. The idea you have for Amiibo is actually pretty good as well, some people really only buy them because of the DLC they have, but a lot of others collect them, or want them because they figures of their favorite characters. I for one collect them. Right now I have 25 Amiibo, and four others on pre-order. However because I don't use them for their content, and in fact keep them in their boxes, it would be nice if I could by the DLC they contain regardless, because rarely, some DLC will come out that I might want, and like you said, there are people who just aren't interested in owning them at all. I completely approve that idea.
Anime Forums
A unique community of fans from around the world, who gather to share their fandom and love of anime, manga, gaming, fanart and at the cornerstone of it all, Japanese culture!
Take a moment to join us today and you'll have access to our member clubs and events too. Come join in the fun and become a part of our community.