-
Posts
906 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
19
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
Everything posted by RepentantSky
-
Who is your favorite Madoka Magica character?
RepentantSky replied to SanguineTear's topic in Anime Discussion
It doesn't really bother me that much, even though I said I was annoyed, but it does feel like the forum is trying to get me to reply to threads about anime it's thinks I'll like, which is not always the case. -
I have to say, the CG on the mechs is freaking amazing, but even as a short, I have my doubts that I'll like it much. I'm tired of Evangelion, it's time to let it rest, and yet we still have another remake on the way.
-
With the minor exception that I take just a bit of issue with Ghost in the Shell, as it looks to be carbon copy of the first movie, which is the worst thing that was ever made in the Ghost in the Shell line-up, I agree with this. It's ironic though isn't it? The first time they go with proper material from the anime they've adapted, and it's the worst story they could have gone with. I'd have preferred The Laughing Man case, or even the most recent Ghost in the Shell film to make it West side be the basis of the film's plot, but that didn't happen. Back on topic though, whatever this Deathnote film ends up being, worse could happen and the series will survive just fine.
-
It's Hollywood, I wouldn't expect any less than this. Hollywood thinks main characters have to white, they have to have a Black person in there so they aren't considered Racist, and they don't do well with contrasting theme's, hence Misa. That said, I don't see what the point of getting angry is. This version will not take away from the original, or Tarnish the value it holds among fans. Does it all really suck, yeah, but does it matter in the long wrong, not even a little, not with something as Iconic as Death Note, and for that matter, not for any anime adaptation, because they'll only adapt things who's reputations are such that a bad Hollywood version can't ruin it.
-
I made one of these a few weeks ago, and it seemed to be fairly well liked. I also made that thread already into the month, instead of before, and while normally I might do this more towards the end of a month, with March's biggest remaining release being Episode 3 of The Walking Dead: The New Frontier, which I could not cover in that thread because it's release date wasn't known at the time, April has a lot to talk about, so starting the conversation early, might be a good idea. With that in mind, here's a list of games set for release next month, if I miss anything you like, or you are looking forward to anything coming out, let's talk about it and get some last minute hype up for their release. Persona 5, Release date of April 4th on PS4 and PS3. One of, if not the biggest releases on the month, Persona 5 is the continuation of a spin-off series that has arguably over-shadowed the series it's based on. In it, you'll play a trouble maker of sorts who is moved to Tokyo in the hopes that his troubling school day will be put in check there. Along the way, you'll meet several people who are going to school with you, several who you can help just randomly throughout the day, and choose how to spend your time with what is likely going to be a great cast of characters. When you are going to school or helping people out, you'll be in a dungeon trying to stop adults from committing horrible acts against students and fighting and collecting monsters to aid you. It's an odd mix, but it works incredibly well and should be a blast to play when it releases early into the month. Drawn to Death, Release date of April 4th on PS4. This game is fairly simple, it's a gory 3rd person action shooter title that take place in maps that will come in the style of being drawn on paper, though the maps will be 3D. It will be free for PSN Plus members throughout the month of April. Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition, Release date of April 7th on PS4, Xbox One and PC Nothing much to say here, if you know the game, you know it, if you don't, it's a crazy for the top shooter title full of enough explosions to make Bay and the transformers jealous. It's has a simple story and the greatest highlight of the title, might be having Duke Nukem as character in it. Yooka-Laylee, Release date of April 11th on PS4, Xbox One, PC and Nintendo Switch. This game is a spiritual successor to Banjo-Kazooie and will even have acting done by people making noises similar to those games. Despite some controversy revolving around a minor character voiced by Normalboots founder JonTron, who's voice has been removed from the game, it will launch with further delays. If you enjoy platforming in a 3D world, collecting items to help achieve your in-game goals and a light but charming story, this is one to pick up. Skyforge, Release date of April 11th on PS4. This game is a free-to-play MMO not unlike Neverwinter which came out last year for free on the system. While the Early Access Beta is set for release this Tuesday, March 28th, the full game releases the following month. This title is pretty straight forward, and may not stand out for a lot of players, but if you like MMO's, this might be worth looking into. Full Throttle Remastered. Release date of April 18th on PS4 PC and PSVita. This is a remake of a Lucas Arts point and click adventure from 1995. While not the most popular in that line of games, it is one that was highly requested. If you were a fan of those games, worry not, you'll get a chance at another one of them towards the middle of the Month. The Silver Case, Release date of April 18th on PS4. Another game not unlike Full Throttle, the Silver Case is actually a game ported from PC to the PS4 and is seemingly a Murder Mystery type of game. Don't know much beyond that myself, but it if interests you, it's out on the 18th. Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom, Release Date of April 18th of April 18th on PS4, Xbox and PC. This ARPG, with a combat system for akin to a fighting game than maybe even Tales of titles, Shiness is about anthropomorphic animals going a Journey and presumably, saving the world. The game is digital only and given the price set on Steam, which will discount it on release, it will likely retail for around 30 dollars. Dragon Quest Heroes II, Release date April 25th on PS4. A sequel to Dragon Quest Heroes, Heroes II will include different characters, a more open world setting then the first, have online 4 player mode, and presumably, more Heroes than the first game. For anyone who may not know, the game plays like a Dynasty Warriors title in that there are several enemies on screen at a time and your attacks are focused on hitting as many of them as possible per combo. If that's your style, or you just like Dragon Quest, it would be well worth your time to pick this title up. Outlast 2, Release date of April 25th on PS4, Xbox One and PC. The set-up for this one is much like the first. You are a journalist looking to get a story out of the location you visit only to get attacked by the locals who seem to want to kill you for some reason or another. Like before you will have nothing to defend yourself with, and only a camera light to help you see in the dark areas you'll visit. Hopefully this one can be just as scary as the last title. Either way, if you follow Let's Play channels, expect a lot of them to be giving this one a shot. Puyo Puyo Tetris Release date of April 25th on PS4 and Nintendo Switch. The game is pretty much what it sounds like, it's Tetris with Puyo Puyo, which is basically like Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine or Dr. Mario. Whatever version of Tetris you prefer, you can play, but be weary Nintendo Switch users, the game costs 10 more dollars on that system. Sniper Ghost Warrior 3, Release date of April 25th on PS4, Xbox One and PC. Like other games before it, this game is looking to go open world as you play as someone looking to find their lost younger brother who was kidnapped by a large gang. The concept of the gameplay is not unlike the Sniper Elite series, but it may be a more promising title overall. Syberia III Release date April 25th on PS4, Xbox One and PC. The third game in a series of titles, this puzzler plays much like The Walking Dead, although the premise is drastically different. If that kind of game interests you, or you have been following the story thus far, this title should be a great addition to the series. Little Nightmares, Release date of April 28th on PS4, Xbox One and PC. This Indie title, once in need of a publisher, found one in Bandai Namco, and is all about playing a little girl trying to survive horrors like hand grabbing at her from the walls, and large chef's who have the intent to cook her. If you like side-scrolling horror in a 3D style, this game will probably peak your interest. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Release Date of April 28th on Nintendo Switch. This port of a fairly successful tile on the Wii U, will include new racers, a more detailed battle mode, and all the DLC from the Wii U original, along with upgraded visuals. This is for sure one that doesn't need explaining, as the series has sold just under 115 million units world wide, a number soon to be beat by this port. If you like the Kart racing, this is the best most recent title you can get into. Well that was a lot. I'm all typed out, so I'll put my thoughts in later. Let's talk about any titles I missed, and what you're most excited for!
-
Welcome, welcome, welcome. You've joined a great site, hope you enjoy your stay.
-
Not bad at all. Do you have a picture of the back of it? If not, you should take a dramatic picture where you're looking to the side, and maybe edit it to make it look like you're about to release some nine tail chakra. That would pretty sweet, cause the cosplay is on point.
-
It's amazing how I can't see to find an opening of Obsession that's not the crappy nightcore version, along with the actual intro. This was the best I could do: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=OJA37AMHmrU;t=19 Next is Arigato from Bleach: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvYuf4r-8xk Tales of Zesteria the X's Kaze no Uta by flow, although really, flow is flawless so anything by them is great: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzh4hZOxZyY D Gray Hallow opening My Destiny by Lenny Code Fiction: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsQIlNoHTjs Myself; Yourself Tears Infection by Kaori: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biO_JMW4IYo Anohana opening: And you know what, screw intro's and endings, this is the best song in FMA, Brothers: I could go on for a while longer but these are just some of my favorites.
-
I don't know. My luck with relationships hasn't gone that well so it never came up. There's also the fact that I spend more time gaming, so that would probably be more effected. Not that it probably matters that much, I don't actively seek out relationships, I don't really need to be in one to be happy.
-
I haven't posted in this thread yet I don't believe. What to confess, what to confess. Oh, I know something. One of my friends told me to watch this anime last week but purposely gave me the name of another anime that's very close to the one they suggested. He told me to start with the first OVA because it would set the tone for the show and it doesn't spoil any plot. I thought that was weird, but the guy has suggested some anime in the past like that and I believed it. Turns out this anime with the similar name is basically a hentai without the sex. About 15 minutes in, I noticed something was off, and then right afterwards, a scene came up where a female character was trying to get a guy to grab at her with noodles running down her chest and stomach to right between her legs. I was completely thrown off, and kind of pissed as well, because I don't watch anime like that, and they showed nearly every part of this girl as well. It was rather embarrassing.
-
Welcome to the Anime Forums Shy. I hope you enjoy your time here.
-
Anyone wanna come with me to a anime convention?
RepentantSky replied to AnimeGuy247's topic in Anime Discussion
That just brought the creep factor up to 11. I was trying to be nice when I posted before, but that seriously is a huge red flag by everyone to stay the hell away from whatever you're doing. Eww dude, just gross. -
I can't say I know what anime that is, but I can suggest a way you might be able to find out. Ever heard of Misty Cornexia? He's someone on YouTube who has made several videos about guessing an anime, and it's entirely possible that the anime you're referring to was on his videos. He has 12 of those videos so try then out and see if one of them is maybe what you're looking for. Also, if the anime was from 2016, you can look up a list with google about the anime that came out that year. If it's not from that year, keep looking for the anime in previous years and eventually you might at least see a picture of the characters that will help you identify it. Myanimelist will have every anime of the year by seasons with a picture from it that might make it easy to find.
-
Isn't that the point of the Hollywood blockbuster though, to make it bigger than it's source material was, while still bringing in it's fans from before the blockbuster. It's kind of hard to fault Hollywood for that after successes like Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings, just to name a few out of many.
-
What is the worst anime you have ever watched?
RepentantSky replied to scarlet reaper's topic in Anime Discussion
If I'm gonna be honest, the "It's a kids show" is the least acceptable and most annoying excuse I've ever heard. I grew up watching kids shows that I still go back and watch sometimes, and they are actually good. It's not just nostalgia that makes me like them. Shin-chan though, posses none of the attributes to make it likable. -
What game are you most looking forward to?
RepentantSky replied to RepentantSky's topic in Chit Chat
I def want Soul Calibur 6. SC5 got rid of all the characters I ever used, and I mean all of them. Kilik was the only one left but he was a weapon's master do it doesn't count. I want my old fast characters back, that's the only style I feel comfortable with in the game. -
If you haven't seen it yet, I probably shouldn't say. It will spoil some parts of it that you may enjoy. That said, one moment there is about women's breasts on a teenage, and while it doesn't show anything, I don't know how your mom might react to that.
-
Who is your favorite Madoka Magica character?
RepentantSky replied to SanguineTear's topic in Anime Discussion
Sorry to bring back an old thread, but it keeps popping up every few times I'm on the home page and it's getting annoying seeing it all the time. With that out of the way, I can honestly say I don't care for this anime enough to have a favorite character, though I guess if I had to pick one, I'd pick whichever girl it is who's constantly resetting things to try and get them right. She kind of reminds me of Noire from Hyperdimension and I've always liked characters like that. -
I will not. I enjoyed the film greatly minus the rather embarrassing scenes that are there. I've never been able to enjoy scenes like that, and I never will.
-
A lot of games are on their way, several with release dates and several without, but a lot of which look to be interesting. I know for me, the game I'm most looking forward to is Persona 5, but April in general has a lot to look forward to. So what are you most excited for?
-
Well, I wasted 3 bucks, game is practically uncontrollable on Vita. Now I'm trying to out Disk Jam, and it's pretty good. Kind of wish the chat options weren't made for assholes though. There's constantly Rekt and Come On, guy being spammed, and it doesn't look like any attempt to stop spam has been made. I get it's two people making the game, but they really shouldn't have released the game without the ability to stop spammers.
-
The Pokemon War is a widely accepted theory by most fans. For anyone who doesn't know, the theory goes like this, there was a war in the world of Pokemon, and Pokemon Red and Blue take place not too long after that war. The evidence that supports this comes from a lack of adults in the game, and the fact that LT. Surge from the third gym in the game, says that Pokemon saved him during the war. There's a lot of other details in the story, such as most doctors being killed off to stop people from coming back to fight after losing and such, but the two reasons I mentioned prior are why the theory exists. One thing that has never been examined is, where did all the survivors go, there had to be some right? My theory suggests that most of them, belong to the teams you fight in each region, at least until Sun and Moon. I purpose though that one part of this theory is grossly inaccurate, and it should be obvious which part it is, the lack of adults, because that doesn't really fit well. In the first region, where this theory's basis is formed, there aren't a lack of adults, they are all in team rocket. Team Rocket's members all seem to be in their early 20's, and Giovanni, maybe in his 30's. There are a lot of people in that group, so that part of the theory seems inaccurate to say the least. I also believe that almost every team can be connected to social disorder that can be attributed to war, so let's break them down. Team Rocket is an easy one to assess, as it seems they all have PTSD, and that's why they seem to keen to fight you with little conversation. But more interestingly, I believe Giovanni was once a military leader of some kind who lead most of these men and women into battle. That's why after he leaves, in Johto team rocket is trying to hard to bring him back. Giovanni however, after being defeated so many times by Red, has started to realize he has PTSD, is doing everything he can to at the very least, stop the impulses that comes with the affliction. That's why, three years later after constantly trying to avoid it, he almost goes back, because it's too much for him to take, but is stopped by his son, who reminds him of Red in a lot of ways. After realizing he almost made the wrong choice, he then chooses to stay out of it forever so as to not abide the cravings of war. Team Rocket, left without a leader, simply ceases to function and everyone then tries their best to live normal lives. The next teams, Team Magma and Aqua were a little harder to assess, but I think I have the solution. Maxie of Team Magma was also the leader of an Army, namely a ground troop who did all their fighting in fields and the desert and such, hence the desire for increased landmass. Archie on the other hand once controlled a navy seal sort of unit and therefore wants more water in the world because he feels more at home on the sea. That does bring in question what kind of mental disorder they suffer from, and I have the answer. I believe they both suffer from HPD, or Histrionic Personality Disorder. The signs of such a disorder include doing things that make you feel important, make you the center of attention, and they tend to be very emotional. This is clearly the case with both the leaders of each team, as well as their members. What better way to be the center of attention than to change the way the world works. The disorder also claims they aren't very forward thinking and suffer when they need to be analytical to achieve their goals, which is pretty on the nose for two people who almost bring about the apocalypse by mistake. That lack of forward thinking shows itself when they both have a reaction of shock that the results of their plans are far worse than expected. Normally, this disorder is attributed to alcohol addiction but science has figured out that you can get the same high feelings from being in conflict often that you get while drinking, so it's entirely possible to gain the disorder from being involved in a war. Now for the sake of pacing and because of interest in teams, we're going to skip galactic for a bit and move on to plasma, who are mostly people suffering from DPD or Dependent Personality Disorder. Those who suffer from it often rely on someone else, are easily manipulated into helping those who make them feel important, but most of all, are often incapable of making choices their own. Despite his foul intentions Gethsis easily falls into that charismatic role and N, who seems to have so much control over his life, and who does everything with so much confidence would also easily be able to influence people in such a way, even if not intentionally. DPD can be brought on by the need to have someone be in control, in a combat situation that would be highly valuable. The members of Plasma are still in need of a leader hence why they followed N. Even in Black and White 2, where some of the members have left the group, they still have a leader in one of the former sages of Plasma, and most of them, despite Gethsis' evil intentions being made known to them, still follow him unconditionally with the intent of taking over the world, because they need to feel valuable, and he gives them that. By far, the most interesting team I discovered while researching the disorders these people might suffer from, team Galactic is the most most interesting. A lot of fans really don't like this team, they have a leader who doesn't care, and have stupid plans all throughout, but that can be explained by IED's, and no, I'm not talking about explosives here at least not the kind you'd associate with an action film. IED, or Intermittent Explosive Disorder explains just about every member of the team and the actions they take, except for Cyrus who we'll get to in a bit. Those who suffer from IED, tend to be aggressive, confrontational, and don't think things through all the much, and they also lack a normal level of logic. IED can be brought on through a number of different events, but the most common is seeing or taking part in, violent acts, which is easily something would happen during war. The disorder seems perfect when you look at the people in this team. The first time you seem a member of Galactic, there's actually two of them, and they are asking the professor of that region for his notes on evolution, as they are looking to harness the energy from evolution to achieve their goals. After the professor tells them no, they immediately grow more aggressive and threaten to hurt his assistant, whoever that is depending on who you choose to play as. Another example of such aggression is Mars, who hates you wholeheartedly after you win a fight against her. Mars grows extremely angry at the defeat and walks away in a huff. Perhaps the damming evidence though comes from what they do as a team, and that's steal Pokemon from trainers, even sometimes fully evolved ones. What good does a fully evolved Pokemon do to a team looking to harness the power of evolution. If anything, the smart thing to do would be to start collection basic Pokemon in low level areas, have them fight until they evolve and then capture more and repeat the process, all while taking notes about what they find from every evolution. It might have even done them better to work with the professor and betray him later when they got what they wanted, instead, as if a perfect line with IED, they choose to be aggressive, violent, and illogical in almost every sense. I can hear you thinking though, why would Cyrus allow this sort of thing, sure he seems to be lacking in almost every emotion under the planet, but he must be smarter than this right? But that's where Cyrus' mental disorder comes into play. He suffers from Alexithymia, rare mental disorder that causes the sufferer to feel not only feel no emotions, but to not understand the emotions of others, or for that matter, even care. In other words, cold and calculated who would be the perfect description of Cyrus, fits well here. Basically, because of what he's suffering from, the means to reach his goal are unimportant, and even uninteresting to him. Now I thought Team Flare from X and Y, simply suffered from a Superiority Complex, but after doing some research, I believe they suffer from NPD or Narcissistic Personality Disorder. This disorder is more a level about a superiority complex, as beyond feeling the need to feel superior, and looking down on those who are deemed inferior, those who suffer from NPD also grow uncomfortable, and even confrontational when met with failure. Team Flare has a sense of superiority, and it's members easily overreact when they are defeated in a fight. But those of you who do some research into this, may look at NPD and find that's it's rarely, is ever, contributed to war, and you are correct, but that's just the thing, the war was very different in Kalos then it was in other regions. You're probably wondering, how can I tell that? Well, let's take a moment to look at the games a bit shall we? In both Kanto and Johto, there are very few major cites, and the land looks fairly barren in a lot of ways. Even the major cites of those regions are fairly small compared to other regions. To explain the Pokemon War theory, and the NPD that Kalos' team suffers from we need to go all the way back to the first generation of Pokemon. After defeating a Team Rocket scientist, he exclaims that he joined the team because the CEO of Sliph Co. sent him to work on Pokemon war experiments in another place. I can't find the place at the moment, but suffice it to say that this place actually exists and was used to test an study WMD's in our world. So with that in mind, and noting that Kanto and Johto are real regions in Japan, and that Kalos is basically France, it's safe to say that our world shares similarity with Pokemon. I believe the world of Pokemon is an alternate world, that has done several of the things we had, but with some major differences. We know there are two major wars in it's history like our world wars, those being the one mentioned from 3,000 years ago, and the one where this theory comes into play. Kanto and Johto are basically Nagasaki and Hiroshima and instead of being hit with bombs, they were attacked by powerful Pokemon, meaning the more current war was World War 2. The rest of the world is by and large still in ruins, but none are as bad off as these two regions because it's similar our own second World War. With all that said, how does that explain Kalos and team Flare? Simple, one of those major differences is, Kalos, or France basically played out like the United States. The country is intact because little to no fighting took place there, the people who live there feel superior because they are haled as heroes, and Team Flare, is simply filled with the kind of people who took that feeling and rode with it to that point hence why they originally are a team who seeks to better the world with money and style. However we have one thing left unclear, why is it that Lysandre wants to destroy the world and start over? That to, is also simple to explain, he doesn't want to start the world over, so much as he wants to feel involved. See, Lysandre is a bit older and probably remembers the war quite well as a result, but he feels empty, and week, and in general just inferior simply because his home remained while so many were devastated by the conflict. Fearing that the world will see his home as weak, he decides to do something, create a conflict that starts at his home, so that he can win it and finally shake the inferiority complex he suffers from. As for Alolan, if I really were to include it, my best guess would be that they to also suffer from an inferiority complex both from having little to nothing to do with the war, and for failing to complete the island challenge, that would have helped them feel better about their shortcomings, but it only got worse when they failed. So yeah, there's my addition to the Pokemon War theory. Let me know what you think, and sorry this post is so damn long, I had to try and explain things properly, hopefully I managed.
-
A member who replies to to people and is active like you've been, I can get behind that idea. Welcome to AF.
-
Anyone wanna come with me to a anime convention?
RepentantSky replied to AnimeGuy247's topic in Anime Discussion
That is a legitimately creepy thing to ask people online when you haven't even really made any friends or connected with anyone here on any level yet. I mean, you're third post is asking someone to pick you up Oregon to take you Illinois and go to Acen? That's just odd, and doesn't come off as a good idea for anyone. -
As a series this was just great. It managed to keep everything interesting, including new characters and plot threads, and episode 1 was a great start to that. The way the everything was set up was nearly perfect. The setup for any anime should start with the first episode, and even FMA Brotherhood didn't do that. This one did though, and it was amazing.
Anime Forums
A unique community of fans from around the world, who gather to share their fandom and love of anime, manga, gaming, fanart and at the cornerstone of it all, Japanese culture!
Take a moment to join us today and you'll have access to our member clubs and events too. Come join in the fun and become a part of our community.