Sci-fi Anime Suggestions Please

Bfking23

Question

I need help finding some or any sci fi anime, and I don’t mean like Gundam (which is good) or Ghost in the Shell (also good), I want something similar to the game Killzone Shadow Fall if anyone knows that, basically furustic guns and heaps of epic looking battles and stuff, can’t find anything good like it, thanks in advance 

16 answers to this question

1 minute ago, Vivi Hyuuga said:

I could recommend sci-fi anime, but I can't really think of any that include futuristic guns and lots of battles... 

Welcome back Vivi! Been wondering how you've been doing.

1 minute ago, Beocat said:

Welcome back Vivi! Been wondering how you've been doing.

Thank you! I've missed being around. While I've been away I've still been thinking of my friends here frequently. Last night I wrote a blog post updating on what's been going on, if you want to see. It includes cats!

• Like 1

You are looking for something very specific and I don't have an answer that really fits perfectly... but Full Metal Panic! has some awesome sci-fi action (though it is mecha). Cowboy Bebop has lots of action, too, though that's more about space fights and martial arts. Not much in terms of cool weapons and such. If you want an epic slaughterfest of awesome weaponry and cool abilities, then Akame ga Kill could also be interesting to you. Though it's not sci-fi at all.

8 hours ago, cptlee39 said:

You are looking for something very specific and I don't have an answer that really fits perfectly... but Full Metal Panic! has some awesome sci-fi action (though it is mecha). Cowboy Bebop has lots of action, too, though that's more about space fights and martial arts. Not much in terms of cool weapons and such. If you want an epic slaughterfest of awesome weaponry and cool abilities, then Akame ga Kill could also be interesting to you. Though it's not sci-fi at all.

Thanks for the suggestion, I think I may have worded the question wrong because I love Gundam and mechs, like, LOVE it, but I just didn't want every reply to suggest Gundam or Neon Genesis

• Like 1

Hello,

I am probably the least qualified person on these boards to recommend anime, but if you don't mind CGI anime, there is an amazing sci-fi movie called "Space Pirate Captain Harlock". It has a great story, nice action sequences including awesome spaceship battles, and the animation is beautiful. I've seen it in 3D and the effects are marvelous, although it is just as great in 2D :) Just make sure to see it in HD though!

Edited by swkotorfan
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, swkotorfan said:

Hello,

I am probably the least qualified person on these boards to recommend anime, but if you don't mind CGI anime, there is an amazing sci-fi movie called "Space Pirate Captain Harlock". It has a great story, nice action sequences including awesome spaceship battles, and the animation is beautiful. I've seen it in 3D and the effects are marvelous, although it is just as great in 2D :) Just make sure to see it in HD though!

Thank you, it looks amazing, I usually go more for seasonal anime and not movies but this looks absolutely stunning, I will definitely be watching 

Darling in the Franxx, Gundam Franchise, Macross Franchise, Code Geass, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Full Metal Panic!... well the past was surely packed with Sci-Fi and Mecha. Also watch Gantz..

You sir, would probably enjoy Mardock Scramble.

If you want an anime that gets ridiculous enough to literally at one point blow up an entire plane of existence, go for Senki Zesshou Symphogear.

It may seem magical girl-ish, but it is actually MUCH more of a sci-fi/action anime.