Marathon watching anime

Optic

Have you ever watched an entire anime season in one go in the same day? Or maybe came close - over the course of two days perhaps?

Only one anime title I've marathoned and that was Tokyo Magnitude 8.0. 11 episodes in one go, I found it very tense and just couldn't stop watching.

I think the reason was because as the name implies, the plot revolves around a major earthquake crippling Tokyo, and two children that have to make their way home. The earthquake strikes the centre of Odaiba Island, which is one of the attractions I went to during my time in Japan so seeing the areas in an anime gave an air of nostalgia for me.

A close second would be Steins;gate, I watched the entire TV series over the course of two days. 24 episodes in one day was just too much for me unfortunately. xD

How about you?

I have to really be into a series to marathon anything. lol I did marathon one night last week what was available of Sailor Moon Crystal. 11 episodes.

Also, at least once a year, I get the urge to watch Gundam Wing (and marathon this) and Yoroiden Samurai Troopers (aka Ronin Warriors). I haven't in a good long while, but I'd set aside a day and just start watching. As a matter of fact, a few weeks ago I was in my YST mood. Always once or twice a year. lol

• 6 months later...

I finished watching Symphogear not long ago and loved it!

Tomorrow I intend to marathon watch the second series of Symphogear so I can catch up quickly with the currently airing third series of Symphogear.

It's been awhile since I marthon watched a whole series, hopefully it'll be fun. :angel:

I'm an SS rank marathoner xD, I marathoned all the seasons of GoT in five days xD

I usually marathon any anime I'm watching since I like to finish one task before starting up another, the most recent one that I marathoner was the arpeggio of the Blue sea

Unfortunately I didn't quite marathon watch Symphogear G in one go, but did achieve it over 2 days. Then caught up with the currently airing Symphogear GX the following day after.

I think it's definitely easier to do if there are cliffhangers at the end of each episode and of course if you're enjoying it. Thankfully those two factors were in play. :angel:

• 1 month later...
Have you ever watched an entire anime season in one go in the same day? Or maybe came close - over the course of two days perhaps?

Only one anime title I've marathoned and that was Tokyo Magnitude 8.0. 11 episodes in one go, I found it very tense and just couldn't stop watching.

I think the reason was because as the name implies, the plot revolves around a major earthquake crippling Tokyo, and two children that have to make their way home. The earthquake strikes the centre of Odaiba Island, which is one of the attractions I went to during my time in Japan so seeing the areas in an anime gave an air of nostalgia for me.

A close second would be Steins;gate, I watched the entire TV series over the course of two days. 24 episodes in one day was just too much for me unfortunately. xD

How about you?

i can watch loads of season pretty quickly i can read subs very fast i have lots of time and its like destressing me from school hehe|>~<|

• 3 months later...

I had a marathon of 2 days for 2 different anime.

The first one was 11eyes. Pretty cool anime with a twist near the final episodes.

The second one was School Days. I don't even wanna talk about it, no <_< >_> I ended up being so depressed that i didnt want to watch more anime for a while xD.

I marathon anime anytime I get the chance to. I have done it with way too many animes to count. Any rainy day that I have off I usually always marathon something. Last one I did was last week I rewatched Dan Machi and blew through that in one day. I'm really hoping for a season 2!

• 10 months later...

How about you?

It's took me 3 days to watch all of Neon Genesis Evangelion, 2 days to watch Hellsing Ultimate, 1 day to watch Deadman Wonderland, 4 days to watch .hack//SIGN, and 3 days to watch Attack on Titan.

• 3 weeks later...

highschool dxd, but as i was marthon watching it i relise i mixed up the 2nd season with the 3rd season i ended up going back and watching it the right way eventually but stiil the damage was done took me i think about 2 days at most

Yes.., I actually tend to do this a lot when I find a series that I instantly love. ^_^ ;;

I use to do it more so when I was younger. Because I obviously had a lot more free time on my hands...

Now that I'm older, I work and so I can't always dedicate all my time to it. But earlier this summer, I watched a few series in one week. I was out of work and had absolutely nothing to do with myself, so I got back into anime by binge watching and no sleep haha.

• Geano locked this topic