NekoTopia

Recommend Fantasy Animes

Question

What fantasy anime would you recommend to anybody if they didn't know what to watch, thank you to those who contribute :)

7 answers to this question

Magic Knight Rayearth (shoujo)

Konosuba or Rune Soldier (comedy)

Claymore or Goblin Slayer (dark/violent)

lots of others, but there’s a start

• Like 1
  • Cool (Kakkoii) 1

Hey there, I’m not sure what sub genres you’re interested in or anything, but I really enjoyed the recently aired “The Rising of the Shield Hero”, it’s about a group of people from different dimensions who get summoned to a magical world as heroes, and the series plays out like a video game. You can get it dubbed or subbed, I liked both. 

Also enjoying the currently airing “Demon slayer” it’s only in subs right now though. 

• Like 2

Try Tales of the abyss or Konosuba and slayers

• Like 2

Record of Lodoss war

• Like 3

Flip Flappers

spacer.png

Sounds cutesy as hell, looks cutesy as hell, but is one of the coolest shows out there, made by the fantastic Studio 3Hz!

Did I mention it's technically an isekai? Except instead of being transported to another world and getting stuck there, they travel to all sorts of different fantasy worlds to get shit done. This plotpoint allows them some VERY extreme freedom, leading up to the ability to utilize damn near any genre it feels like.

One episode you'll have a Mad Max tribute with some seriously awesome fight scenes:

spacer.png

Another episode you'll have genuinely effective horror:

spacer.png

All nicely tied together by fantastic animation and an absolutely killer soundtrack.

One last thing! Did I mention it's an anime original? It has no source material, basically.

Translation: It has no source to follow, therefore, it tells its story at its own proper pace, and ACTUALLY HAS AN ENDING.

Enjoy.

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

Re:Zero is really good, and a season 2 is in the works.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

magi labyrinth of magic

magi the kingdom of magic

fullmetal alchemist

escaflowne the movie

princess mononoke

i was reincarnated as a slime

Edited by Serge heartless
  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By LadyAFS
      Love it or hate it, it seems that this genre is her to stay, Isekai.
      Hopefully I am able to do a panel for a local anime festival, Otafest.

The panel that I want to do is Isekai, but there is so much that I don't know what to put on, so I am asking anyone to help me.

I know a bit about isekai, and I have some information for my panel, on my MSOffice powerpoint, but I still would like to know more. Thanks in advance.
    • By Musuko
      I wanted to make a thread about this anime a few months ago, but I guess I lost track of time. Oh well.

The Case Files of Lord El-Melloi II is a direct sequel to Fate/Zero. It takes place 10 years after the 4th Holy Grail War, starring Waver Velvet, now known as Lord El-Melloi II. The Fate series has an Urban Fantasy setting, but so far this anime has more of a Detective Mystery setting, taking place in England.
      So far, I'm liking it. I like the majority of the characters from the Fate universe, but there's typically not enough material that covers the aftermath of some characters or instances of magic being used in everyday life. The Case Files of Lord El-Melloi II fixes this by focusing upon the emotional impact of Fate/Zero on Waver as well as exploring the potential of magic outside of the Holy Grail War, which is mostly just expositioned by characters in Fate/stay night.
      If you haven't seen any Fate, the only thing that you'd want to watch before this anime is Fate/Zero. I've heard from some people that you could watch this anime without Fate/Zero, but the OVA kind of spoils some of the events of Fate/Zero. Then again, it's nearly impossible to avoid Fate spoilers in this day and age.
      I don't know if anyone is watching this, but it'd be nice to hear someone else's thoughts. I finished Episode 0 yesterday, and it felt nice to know that there's still a future for my favorite characters and stories.
    • By ferron86
      Does anyone know where I can find the original mega man tv series online? I have been wanting to watch it again (havent seen it sice i was 10) and cant seem to find a site that has it. Thanks!
    • By Benji
      EVERFROST is combining a concept album with an integrated manga for their new album. Has anyone seen this kind of thing before?
      Check the new single on Youtube  
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy6qZbWWSGU

• By HakuUzumaki
      Here's the first challenge.

The rules: 
      Pairings:
      NaruSaku, SasuHina, ChoIno, LeeTen, ShinoIsarabi, NejiYakumo, YamatoAnko, IrukaShizune, KakashiHana Inuzuka, ShikaTema, KibaTamaki, SaiKarin, EbisuTsunami, KankuroKarui, GaaraMatsuri, & OmoiKurotushi

The Winner of this challenge could choose the next challenge but they have to pick from one of  these dimensions:

Dimension 0: Minato and Kushina ran away from the village during the Kyuubi's attack.
      Dimension 1: is Canon and Boruto.
      Dimension 2: NaruSaku, SasuIno, ChoHina, ShikaShiho, & KankuroTenten.
      Dimension 3: NaruTema, ShikaShiho, ChoIno, LeeSaku, SasukeTamaki.
      Dimension 4 NaruSaku, SasuKarin, ChoIno, KibaHina, NejiTen, YamatoAnko, IrukaShizune, KakashiHana Inuzuka, & ShikaTema. 
      Dimension 5: Naruto goes rogue and gathering all the normal rogue ninjas to create a new village. Called, Village hidden in the Cherry Blossoms.
      Dimension 6: NaruSaku, SasuTema, ShikaIno, & ChoTen.
      Dimension 7: Naruto Joined the Sound village.
      Dimension 9: Naruto joined Akatsuki.
      Dimension 10 NaruSaku, SasuTen, & ShinoHinata.
      Dimension 11: Naruto join Kumo Village.
      Dimension 12: NaruSaku but Sakura dies.
      Dimension 13: NaruShion, Sakura becomes the Hokage but Sasuke and Rock Lee dies.
      Dimension 14: Sakura and Ino joined forces to save Naruto.
      Dimension 15: Naruto joined the Iwa village.
      Dimension 16: Naruto joined Haku and Zabuza.
      Dimension 17: Naruto joined Root aka the Foundation.
      Dimension 18: Naruto joined the Twelve Guardian Ninja.
      Dimension 19: Naruto was adopted by Jiraiya.
      Dimension 20: Naruto was adopted by Tsunade.
      Dimension 21: Naruto was adopted by Kakashi.
      Dimension 22: Naruto was adopted by Anko.
      Dimension 23: Naruto was cursed Mark.
      Dimension 24: Naruto joined Dotō’s Three-Man-Team.
      Dimension 25: Naruto joined the Four Celestial Symbols Men.
      Dimension 26: Naruto joined the Gato.
      Dimension 27: Naruto joined the Haido’s Knights.
      Dimension 28: Naruto was adopted by Tsunami from the Waves arch.
      Dimension 29: Naruto joined the Mist Village.
      Dimension 30: Naruto joined Furido’s 4-Man Team
      Dimension 31: Naruto joined the Star Village.

Anime Forums

A unique community of fans from around the world, who gather to share their fandom and love of anime, manga, gaming, fanart and at the cornerstone of it all, Japanese culture!

Take a moment to join us today and you'll have access to our member clubs and events too. Come join in the fun and become a part of our community.
insta-1

twit