Your first video game

Optic

What was the first video game you played?

I myself can't remember exactly but it was definitely a DOS game. The computers in Primary School were 386 and 486 IBM machines and they had DOS/Windows 3.11 so they had an assortment of DOS and early Windows games.

The DOS games were the most fun, Word Rescue, Math Rescue... Raptor... old Apogee games. ;)

• Like 2

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

The old Donkey Kong Country platform SNES games were really fun, great music and definitely had great graphics at the time even when compared to Sega games which had much better processing power I fondly remember... Not sure if the GBA version had the mine-cart levels, those jumps were notoriously difficult! xD

First game I played: Super Mario Bros 2. I faintly remember my parents having that game so when they would leave the living room, I would turn it on quickly and play it for a short period of time until they came back. But still, it was fun~

It has been a long time, so I might be wrong, but I believe my first video game was Pokemon Ruby version. I have started over in that game too many times to count xD I'm also really looking forward to the remake coming out soon as well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sorry for bumping, but I just found this to be a very interesting thread. I'm not too certain, but my first video game in my conscious memory, was probably Duckhunt and Super Mario Bros for the original NES. It was still pretty new at the time.

Edit: Wait, never mind. If computer games count, probably either the original Oregon Trail (can this game even be beaten? lol), Number Munchers, Word Munchers, or the first Where in the World is Carmen San DIego game.

• 2 weeks later...

The first game I remember coherently playing was Castles on DOS. Always tried to take over the pope's territory rather than trying to impress him. I wasn't the brightest child in the world lol

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My first ever video game was Pokemon Yellow, along with my first console being a green GameBoy Color. I still have them both. Yellow still works, but Greenie is broken beyond repair and won't turn on, with or without batteries.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jupiter

First video game I played was when I was 6 years old. Mario Bros on the old Nintendo.

First game I ever actually beat was Final Fantasy X on the PS2. I honestly was not into gaming at an earlier age. Growing up my dad kept me pretty sheltered. But when I moved in with my mother, I started playing video games all of the time.

Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy 7 were games that ignited my passion for playing video games, or more like JRPG's more or less.

• 1 month later...

Back in the day, my parents had an Atari 2600 in the attic they would bring downstairs for us to play every once in a while. Now it's in my room collecting dust.

I can't say which was 'first', but I do remember playing Mario Bros, Pac Man, ET, Spiderman, Vanguard, and other mediocre games and arcade ports. Good times.

• Like 1

then those old PC collection games (the arcade collections).

Which old PC arcade collections? I used to love those!

Back in the day, my parents had an Atari 2600 in the attic they would bring downstairs for us to play every once in a while. Now it's in my room collecting dust.

I can't say which was 'first', but I do remember playing Mario Bros, Pac Man, ET, Spiderman, Vanguard, and other mediocre games and arcade ports. Good times.

Wow, you've played the infamous Pac Man?

Wow, you've played the infamous Pac Man?

Yeah, the Atari couldn't successfully port Pac man, it can't even have all the ghosts on the screen at one time which is why they are constantly blinking. But back then as a 4-5 year old, I couldn't tell the difference from a good game or a bad game, I just liked things that moved on a screen.