What anime are you watching now?

Optic

I finished re-watching Bottom-Tier Character Tomozaki last night. An enjoyable series to watch that manages to be funny without being silly and serious without being boring and overbearing. I really pleased that it's getting a second series, hopefully sometime next year.

However, it has to be said that I really wouldn't want a friend like Aoi Hinami. 🙂

Today the only one of my friends who likes anime came to visit and we binged watched Charlotte, all 13 episodes in one go. It's a good series and we both enjoyed watching it. I, of course, have seen it twice before and thought it even better when watched all in the same day.

4 hours ago, efaardvark said:

Butareba.  Really?  Dropped.

I saw the title and thought; Where do they get these weird ideas?

I watched the trailer, out of curiosity, and thought; Pass !!

Edit:

I remembered the old joke:

"Pardon my friend, he's a pig"

Edited by Animedragon

11 hours ago, efaardvark said:

Butareba.  Really?  Dropped.

Yup, one & done.

I gave The Apothecary Diaries a chance because of positive comments on MAL, but dropped after 3 eps. Felt like a bit like Raven of the Inner Palace or Heike Story but without any of the aspects that made them enjoyable or interesting.

Can add Migi & Dali to my list of new favorites for this season. A murder mystery / revenge quest with a WTF sense of humor. Weirdness factor is accentuated by the twin orphan protagonists physically resembling young Johan Liebert.

• Like 1

Watched the new 3 ep Reincarnated as a Slime OVA (Vision of Coleus) last night. Honestly it was pretty meh, the plot being too similar to the movie but without the improved visuals or the personal connections to the existing cast to make things more interesting. Seems like it’s main goal was to show a bit more of the “Primordials” characters ahead of season 3, but I personally feel like I could’ve skipped it without really losing anything & the series’ usual humor was missing or flat.

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Like 1

On 11/1/2023 at 12:33 PM, Ohayotaku said:

Watched the new 3 ep Reincarnated as a Slime OVA (Vision of Coleus) last night. Honestly it was pretty meh, the plot being too similar to the movie but without the improved visuals or the personal connections to the existing cast to make things more interesting. Seems like it’s main goal was to show a bit more of the “Primordials” characters ahead of season 3, but I personally feel like I could’ve skipped it without really losing anything & the series’ usual humor was missing or flat.

It is my favorite anime. So i will watch it. But with less expectations.

i see your siganture mate on your favorite running shows. I am surprised Berserk of Gluttony is not on it. You dont like it? I really do

This evening I finished Horimiya The Missing Pieces. As a series which is created from a collection of incidents from the manga that didn't make it into the anime series it was more a collection of stand-alone episodes rather than a continuous narrative, although some of the episodes were connected.

I'm sure that The Missing Pieces will be appreciated more by those who have read the manga than those, like me, who haven't. However,  I have to say that I found some the episodes to be just a touch on the dull side and even a bit too silly, but having said that I thought is it was a good series and I enjoyed watching it.

On 11/2/2023 at 1:26 PM, Bulleje76 said:

i see your siganture mate on your favorite running shows. I am surprised Berserk of Gluttony is not on it. You dont like it? I really do

Not so much not liking it, just not enough hours in the day & too many other series I enjoy more. Put on hold after 3 eps, may come back to it later.

As to what I watched tonight: Attack on Titan: The FINAL Season - The FINAL Chapters part 2.  An absolute spectacle. For all the ups & downs along the way & how long it took to get there, I can’t envision a better ending for the series, definitely did not disappoint. While it will never be a personal favorite of mine, there’s no denying it was one of the most impressive & impactful anime ever made (comparable to Evangelion, though I feel AOT is the better of the two).

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Like 2

I'm getting back into anime with Code Geass.  Heard nothing but great things about the series, so I'm excited to jump right in!

Edit: I think I'll wait on Code Geass until the bluray boxset releases next month. Until then I'm going to start the daunting task of making my way through One Piece.  Yikes!

Edited by Fireduck
  • Like 1

I've just finished watching Between the Sky and Sea, and the premise behind it is.... weird.
Ok so we have a world where all the fish have suddenly disappeared and the government's solution is to build fish tanks in space and train people to be space fishers and go into space and, er, go fishing.
The problem is that the fish are huge and very aggressive.
Space fishing is seen as a male only profession, but that's against the equality laws so...
Step forward our six cute girls who are training to be the first female space fishers. Oh, one more thing to be a space fisher you need to summon a 'Guardian Deity", which you do by using an ap on your smartphone.

This is one of those series that is so improbable that you have to keep watching just to see how it develops, and if you do stick around for the first two thirds of the series you will be rewarded by a story that gets better and more interesting in the final third. However, in my opinion they ruined the series with the final few scenes.

All the characters have interesting personalities and the six girls all have reasons why they want to become space fishers and those reasons and various problems they have are explored quite well during the series.

So overall, if you can get past the weird background of the story, it's a reasonably enjoyable 12 episodes.

im on episode 6 of 16bit sensation: another layer and it's so good. it's really really really good. since i started getting into visual novel this anime is perfect for me. if anybody knows even a bit or even don't about visual novel then you have to watch it. I swear it's amazing.

On 11/5/2023 at 5:18 AM, Ohayotaku said:

Not so much not liking it, just not enough hours in the day & too many other series I enjoy more. Put on hold after 3 eps, may come back to it later.

Sorry for my late response mate. As an IT test manager things were hectic this week at ASML. I worked non stop. Finally an evening to respond and watch anime. 

Well i know nothing i say will change your mind, just hoping you will give that anime a second chance.

Now i am gonna watch the 3th season of the shield hero. To be honest i loved the first season, end of second season was rubbish. But let me check the first 5 eps of season 3 now. I really hope it picks up

I finished watching The Dreaming Boy Is A Realist today. I didn't find ti to be a bad anime, but I don't think it was a particularly good one either.

The basic plot idea had some promise, guy has serious crush on girl who gets fed up with his attention and tells him to stay away from her. So he does and the girl then gets annoyed that he's ignoring her and talking to other girls.  The individual episodes are quite decent and watchable, but somehow don't seem to develop the concept behind the plot, indeed I thought that a lot of the time the plot was trying to find a storyline and never quite managed it.

Overall, it's not a bad series and some of the episodes are quite fun to watch. It passes the time, but isn't all that memorable.

I have been watching Anyamaru Tantei Kiruminzuu lately. I don’t watch the slice of life genre much but this one has been somewhat enjoyable. It follows kids who are animal detectives but interestingly enough, this show plays out everything episode by episode. Meaning the pacing is incredibly slow and while other series would start with the detective club already formed and reveal the rest in flashbacks, everything is shown from the beginning here so far back that the focus of the show is not in view for a while.

That being said, the writing is very good for the characters. I would have thought the kids would get annoying being the main characters but it does work. The kids can transform into animals with an odd device which is the unique hook of the show. There is some type of progression system in play to this while at the same time, the antagonists can naturally transform.

I am still watching so I am not sure how the show ends up, but I am a little over a third through it and still having a good time. Nagisa steals the show and while some of the future plot twists I see are incredibly obvious, most are completely hidden. I have been very impressed with this one!

Got current (up to episode 10) of Frieren: Beyond Journey’s End last night. While the series largely focuses more on philosophy & emotions, the latest arc did have some action. And the way episode 10 ended, Frieren is a lot scarier than you would think 😱🥶

Just finished the first series of Yuru camp, for the 3rd time! This is a wonderful slice of life series about a group of high school girls who enjoy camping, and cooking. It has beautiful artwork and animation, and excellent background music as well as a great cast of characters. Rin is such a great character, as is Nadeshiko, put them together and they steal the show!
The series has a good storyline and there's some nice subtle humour in both the dialogue and visuals.

I mentioned that this is the third time I've watched the series, that's three times within 11 months, so yes, I really like this series.

• Like 1
  • Awesome (Sugoi) 1

On 10/31/2023 at 4:23 PM, Ohayotaku said:

Raven of the Inner Palace

Mate , is this a good one? i am doubting about that one for a time now

Myself i wored hard at the office but watched a lot of anime in the evening.

Again watched Goblin slayer s1 since i wanted to continue withy s2 now. It is not great nor boring. Also found a gem i normally would not watch, why raeline ended up at dukes mansion. First half is better than the second but still i enjoyed it. 

Watched Death mount death play s2. Still dont know what to think about that. On one hand i think its awesome and even though the pace is high, sometimes it bores me. Do not know why.

And keeping up with current seasons. Berserk of gluttony, power of the saint, rurouni kenshin, the demon sword master, Frieren: Beyond Journey’s End etc

Only thing i am doubting about is watching Shangri-La Frontier. Can anyone give me an advice? While it is weird, i like isekai, i do not like the premis that it is all not real but in a videogame. Still any good?

Edited by Bulleje76

October 14th (Saturday)

12:00a FLCL Shoegaze: Far-Fre (Far Friend)*

12:30a One Piece: Big Names Duke It Out! The Heated Block B Battle!*

1:00a One Piece: A Deadly Blow! The Astonishing King Punch!*

1:30a Naruto Shippuden: Hagoromo and Hamura*

2:00a Naruto Shippuden: A Fabricated Past*

2:30a My Hero Academia: The Lovely Lady Nagant

October 21st (Saturday) – FLCL Grunge Marathon

12:00a FLCL Grunge: Shinpachi

12:30a FLCL Grunge: Shonari

1:00a FLCL Grunge: Orinoko

1:30a Naruto Shippuden: The No. 1 Most Unpredictable Ninja*

2:00a Naruto Shippuden: Ninshu: The Ninja Creed*

2:30a My Hero Academia: Friend

October 28th (Saturday) – FLCL Shoegaze Marathon

12:00a FLCL Shoegaze: Furu-Bari (Full Barricade)

12:30a FLCL Shoegaze: Gene-Bato (Generational Battle)

1:00a FLCL Shoegaze: Far-Fre (Far Friend)

1:30a My Hero Academia: Deku vs. Class A

2:00a My Hero Academia: A Young Woman's Declaration

2:30a My Hero Academia: No Man Is an Island

November 4th (Saturday) – Daylight Saving Night (2:00 AM → 1:00 AM)

12:00a Attack on Titan The Final Season: The Rumbling / Sinners

1:30a Attack on Titan The Final Season: The Rumbling / Sinners

November 11th (Saturday)

12:00a Demon Slayer: Mugen Train Arc: Flame Hashira Kyojuro Rengoku*

12:30a Demon Slayer: Mugen Train Arc: Deep Sleep*

1:00a Dr. Stone: New World: The Kingdom of Science's Counterattack*

1:30a One Piece: The Fighting Fish Strike! Across the Deadly Iron Bridge!*

2:00a Naruto Shippuden: Ashura and Indra*

2:30a IGPX HD: Time to Shine*

thank  you, Toonami

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Nicholas D. Wolfwood said:

October 14th (Saturday)

12:00a FLCL Shoegaze: Far-Fre (Far Friend)*

12:30a One Piece: Big Names Duke It Out! The Heated Block B Battle!*

1:00a One Piece: A Deadly Blow! The Astonishing King Punch!*

1:30a Naruto Shippuden: Hagoromo and Hamura*

2:00a Naruto Shippuden: A Fabricated Past*

2:30a My Hero Academia: The Lovely Lady Nagant

October 21st (Saturday) – FLCL Grunge Marathon

12:00a FLCL Grunge: Shinpachi

12:30a FLCL Grunge: Shonari

1:00a FLCL Grunge: Orinoko

1:30a Naruto Shippuden: The No. 1 Most Unpredictable Ninja*

2:00a Naruto Shippuden: Ninshu: The Ninja Creed*

2:30a My Hero Academia: Friend

October 28th (Saturday) – FLCL Shoegaze Marathon

12:00a FLCL Shoegaze: Furu-Bari (Full Barricade)

12:30a FLCL Shoegaze: Gene-Bato (Generational Battle)

1:00a FLCL Shoegaze: Far-Fre (Far Friend)

1:30a My Hero Academia: Deku vs. Class A

2:00a My Hero Academia: A Young Woman's Declaration

2:30a My Hero Academia: No Man Is an Island

November 4th (Saturday) – Daylight Saving Night (2:00 AM → 1:00 AM)

12:00a Attack on Titan The Final Season: The Rumbling / Sinners

1:30a Attack on Titan The Final Season: The Rumbling / Sinners

November 11th (Saturday)

12:00a Demon Slayer: Mugen Train Arc: Flame Hashira Kyojuro Rengoku*

12:30a Demon Slayer: Mugen Train Arc: Deep Sleep*

1:00a Dr. Stone: New World: The Kingdom of Science's Counterattack*

1:30a One Piece: The Fighting Fish Strike! Across the Deadly Iron Bridge!*

2:00a Naruto Shippuden: Ashura and Indra*

2:30a IGPX HD: Time to Shine*

thank  you, Toonami

I will admit, that is a solid lineup! Shoutout to them airing Naruto Shippuden so deep in the series too.

On 10/29/2023 at 12:02 AM, Animedragon said:

Charlotte

I was thinking about watching this. Why do you like it? What is cool about it?

On 10/31/2023 at 4:23 PM, Ohayotaku said:

The Apothecary Diaries

I am at ep 2 now. loving the drawings and coloring