Jump to content

What anime are you watching now?


Optic

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, Animedragon said:

That's a lot of series. I only watch one at a time, otherwise I can get confused.

It's one of the hazards of getting old 🙂.

It’s not unusual for me to follow 12-15 weekly airing series at a time. Though if a series has a complex storyline I’ll binge it or at least watch episodes in batches. My MAL profile is the most up to date record of my viewing habits.

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Awesome (Sugoi) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Did the 3-ep thing on The Girl I Like Forgot Her Glasses.  Planning on continuing at the end of the season but I gotta say I already have one complaint about the animation.  The dust motes.  One of those things that you don't notice right away but once I did I found it very distracting.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Ohayotaku said:

It’s not unusual for me to follow 12-15 weekly airing series at a time. Though if a series has a complex storyline I’ll binge it or at least watch episodes in batches. My MAL profile is the most up to date record of my viewing habits.

You have impressive multi-tasking abilities. 😃

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I finished the second series of Sounds of Life today. For a Slice of life series based on a high school club it's certainly different. Following on from the first series the club members have sorted out their differences and have started to seriously work together as a team, they've also successfully won over, or at least, lessened the antagonism of some of the other students and the Vice-Principal.
In the second series they face opposition from an influential person outside the school.
The artwork and animation remains of a good quality the storyline and pacing is also good, although in a couple of places I felt the pacing was a bit slow and drawn out, the character development and interaction between the club members and their acquaintances outside the club remain well done.
This is after all a music based series and as would be expected the music is very good, the background music compliments the music the group play on their Kotos very well.
While series 1 gets off the a rather rocky start in the first few episodes they are important to the overall storyline. So viewed as a whole I think that this is an excellent, but underrated, anime.

There are rumours of a third season being produced, and given where the second ends a third is needed, but as usual there is no firm date for this.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've finished watching The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. This is a slice of Life series that follows the lives, loves and aspirations of a group of high school students who all live together in Sakurasou (Sakura Hall). Sakurasou is the dormitory where their school places those students that the school authorities see as trouble makers and misfits. Misfits they may be, but trouble makers they are not, eccentric would be a better way to describe them.

The artwork and animation are good quality as is the soundtrack. The series starts off on a slightly uneven path as if it can't decide what it's supposed to be and at one point veers close to Harem Anime territory, but pulls back fairly quickly. Once it's over the uncertainness of the first few episodes the series settles down and becomes a fairly serious story, although not one without some comedy elements. I think the mix of serious and light-hearted scenes is one of the strong points of the series. Each character has his, or her, goal in life and the story follows their efforts both as individuals and as a group as they support each other and work together.

Overall, while it did get off to a slow start it quickly developed into a good and interesting series that I'd be happy to watch again.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Bulleje76 said:

I liked it. can recommend it. Will now start watching Lycoris recoil

Okay stopped watching that one. Not my cup of tea.

 

Since my childish need for an isekai with OP mc knows no end :D, starting Am I Actually the Strongest? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Bulleje76 said:

Okay stopped watching that one. Not my cup of tea.

 

Since my childish need for an isekai with OP mc knows no end :D, starting Am I Actually the Strongest? 

I watched it. I thought it was not a bad series, but not a good one either.  Some of the set-piece gun battles made no sense. The worst thing was the final battle with the chief bad guy, it doesn't matter if he's a human, a cyborg or a robot nothing is going to survive having enough lead shot poured into them to kill an entire infantry regiment, be thrown off a tower block, and then come back fighting several times over.

It's certainly not a series I'd watch again.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Animedragon said:

I watched it. I thought it was not a bad series, but not a good one either.  Some of the set-piece gun battles made no sense. The worst thing was the final battle with the chief bad guy, it doesn't matter if he's a human, a cyborg or a robot nothing is going to survive having enough lead shot poured into them to kill an entire infantry regiment, be thrown off a tower block, and then come back fighting several times over.

It's certainly not a series I'd watch again.

I assume you are talking about Lycoris recoil and not spoiling my new serie?

But yes, Lycoris is only the 3th anime i stopped watching in my 25 years of anime

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Bulleje76 said:

I assume you are talking about Lycoris recoil and not spoiling my new serie?

But yes, Lycoris is only the 3th anime i stopped watching in my 25 years of anime

Yes, it was Lycoris Recoil. I should have made that a bit clearer.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So since the last post 

Girls Und Panzer Girls Und Panzer Der Film Girls Und Panzer Der Final (Part 1 and Part 2)

Girls und Panzer Gif - Gif Abyss

I don't know why but following the Tien Shinhan Tournament Saga I ended up watching all of Girls Und Panzer from the first show though to the latest film, it was actual really fun but that's maybe because I'm as much a historian as a weeb

Arion 

Arion (Anime) | AnimeClick.it

This was a weird but really enjoyable film sad it never got a English dub as a lot of my friends won't watch unless its dubbed, enjoyed the fusion of Greek Myth with the Ragnarök story but still its just one more of those forgotten anime gems to add to the list

Castle in the Sky 

Castle in the sky GIF - Find on GIFER

I really enjoyed Castle In the Sky reminding me a lot of Nausicaa which I personally loved. 

I also then watched two other studio Giblie films; Howls Moving Castle and Kiki's Delivery Service

Kikis-delivery-service GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHYSteam Community :: :: Howls moving castle gif 1

However I don't think I liked these two as much (personal taste) They where still fun films just not as good as Castle in the Sky IMO

Dragon Ball The King Piccalo Saga

DUHRAGON BALL

One more Saga to go an I've finished the first Dragon Ball, the King Piccalo saga was itself amazing the plot felt real tight and the development of the villains and characters was awesome. Love the battles between Goku and King Piccalo.

Project Aika

Agent Aika on Make a GIF

This is the most retro OVA anime ever. Started watching it about a week ago making though the first 4 episodes but then got distracted by a different anime all together.

Kill La Kill

Ryuko Kill La Kill GIF - Ryuko Kill La Kill Anime - Discover & Share GIFs

This was nothing short of epic, I loved this series almost as much as Gurren Lagann but still nothing but praise for Kill La Kill it was little short of a masterpiece

Really want to re-watch it already or a show like it at least...

Gif, tengen toppa gurren lagann and kamina gif anime #1709742 on  animesher.com

maybe time to re-watch Gurren Lagann 

Re;Zero

Rezero-kara-hajimeru-isekai-seikatsu GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Someone @MediaConsumesMe and all I can say and I think he will agree with me on this one. Incel the anime. The MC is a fucking creep.

That's more or less the anime I have watched.

That said their is one more that I'm planning to watch come charismas no mater what else is on the agenda

Take your time.

The perfect anime for the holidays #GUNDAMXMASTHEANIME

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, MarathonGuy1337 said:

So since the last post 

Girls Und Panzer Girls Und Panzer Der Film Girls Und Panzer Der Final (Part 1 and Part 2)

Girls und Panzer Gif - Gif Abyss

I don't know why but following the Tien Shinhan Tournament Saga I ended up watching all of Girls Und Panzer from the first show though to the latest film, it was actual really fun but that's maybe because I'm as much a historian as a weeb

Arion 

Arion (Anime) | AnimeClick.it

This was a weird but really enjoyable film sad it never got a English dub as a lot of my friends won't watch unless its dubbed, enjoyed the fusion of Greek Myth with the Ragnarök story but still its just one more of those forgotten anime gems to add to the list

Castle in the Sky 

Castle in the sky GIF - Find on GIFER

I really enjoyed Castle In the Sky reminding me a lot of Nausicaa which I personally loved. 

I also then watched two other studio Giblie films; Howls Moving Castle and Kiki's Delivery Service

Kikis-delivery-service GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHYSteam Community :: :: Howls moving castle gif 1

However I don't think I liked these two as much (personal taste) They where still fun films just not as good as Castle in the Sky IMO

Dragon Ball The King Piccalo Saga

DUHRAGON BALL

One more Saga to go an I've finished the first Dragon Ball, the King Piccalo saga was itself amazing the plot felt real tight and the development of the villains and characters was awesome. Love the battles between Goku and King Piccalo.

Project Aika

Agent Aika on Make a GIF

This is the most retro OVA anime ever. Started watching it about a week ago making though the first 4 episodes but then got distracted by a different anime all together.

Kill La Kill

Ryuko Kill La Kill GIF - Ryuko Kill La Kill Anime - Discover & Share GIFs

This was nothing short of epic, I loved this series almost as much as Gurren Lagann but still nothing but praise for Kill La Kill it was little short of a masterpiece

Really want to re-watch it already or a show like it at least...

Gif, tengen toppa gurren lagann and kamina gif anime #1709742 on  animesher.com

maybe time to re-watch Gurren Lagann 

Re;Zero

Rezero-kara-hajimeru-isekai-seikatsu GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Someone @MediaConsumesMe and all I can say and I think he will agree with me on this one. Incel the anime. The MC is a fucking creep.

That's more or less the anime I have watched.

That said their is one more that I'm planning to watch come charismas no mater what else is on the agenda

Take your time.

The perfect anime for the holidays #GUNDAMXMASTHEANIME

Gotta agree, Re;Zero main character defiantly has some werido vibes. I honestly don't really remember it much, it was back in 2021 I watched this.

For me I'm closing in on the end of the Dark Tournament Arc in Yu Yu Hakusho

Yuu Yuu Hakusho GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

So far so good, I've really been enjoying the series. Whilst overall I don't know if the series can beat HxH I will say this tournament arc is more interesting than Heaven Arena. I think HA is good, it just it spends more time training and the stakes don't feel very massive until Gon vs Hisoka. Whereas Toguro and his team, along with the entire Tournament being in enemy territory adds to the sense of danger Yusuka and his crew are facing up against. 

I also did re-watch Kill la Kill with @MarathonGuy1337

Finally I started recently Darker than Black. I generally like Studio Bones anime so I'm looking forward to it. November 11th seems pretty cool.

November 11 - Darker than black | Dark, Black, Anime

That's pretty much all I've been watching new, a lot of re-watches but those having progressed that much as it in a group and all the group watchers need to be present. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've now finished re-watching The Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten. A beautifully drawn and animated slice of life series with a wholesome storyline and enjoyable to watch.

But having watched it again I found one thing wrong with it....

... it's too short !!!!!!!!

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Masterful Cat is Depressed Again Today - episode 11 was definitely the funniest one yet, pretty much laughed non-stop from start to finish. Though sometimes realizing how relatable Saku is makes me want to cry 😢 Level 1 Demon Lord & One Room Hero is still my hidden gem of the season, but this definitely deserves an honorable mention.

Edited by Ohayotaku
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've now finished watching Girls und Panzer. So we have groups of high school girls driving WW2 era tanks and playing a variation of "capture the flag" the object being to disable the opposing team's "flag tank", the battles range over a large area and they use live ammo.
The TV series was good fun to watch and the various battles were interesting and made sense.
The OAV series had too much girls and not enough Panzer, and I found them rather dull and boring.
Then there's the three movies which form one overall storyline. I found the tank battles in the movies difficult to follow, the movies also dispensed with any pretence of realism with the tanks travelling at speeds closer to a rally car than a tank, they also gained the ability jump and perform all sorts of tricks that I somehow don't think a real tank could perform (but hey, they're anime tanks not real real tanks).
I assume there'll be a fourth movie at some point as the third one ended part way through a battle. I guess I'd watch it if it became available on HiDive or CR, but I wouldn't be upset if it didn't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...