What anime are you watching now?

Optic

BEYBLADE BURST QuadStrike
s7 E4
Depths Below! Abyssal Tournament!" / Let’s Do It, Hell Tournament!!

& YU-GI-OH! SEVENS

Stop the Presses!
When Tracker sniffs out a way to become the richest duelist ever, Scoop steps in to stop him in his tracks.

9AM to 10 am on Disney x d

and I will watch Toonami Tonight on cartoon network
12:30a Dr. Stone: New World: First Contact*

1:00a Food Wars! The Fifth Plate: Food Wars* (finale)

1:30a One Piece: A Critical Situation! Punk Hazard Explodes!*

2:00a Naruto Shippuden: The Difference in Power*

2:30a My Hero Academia: Disaster Walker

6 hours ago, efaardvark said:

I also like the kinds of stories that put together two unlikely and imperfect personalities, who then turn out to be very good for each other after all.  Again, C:AS and Itazura na Kissu fit the bill.

Same here. One of the reasons I watched Itaziss was because it was similar to Clannad & After Story.

6 hours ago, efaardvark said:

That said, Naoki is an asshole.  Only Kotoko would put up with his shit.  :D

Quite true. Any other girl would have walked away and told him why she was walking away. His behaviour on their honeymoon was bordering on grounds for divorce.

I've now finished rewatching My Dress-Up Darling. I enjoyed watching this series more than a thought I would because Wakana Gojo and Marin Kitagawa are a wonderfully mismatched pair of characters, one might even go as far as to say they are perfectly mismatched, as their personalities complement each other and they work together so well. I'm pleasantly surprised at how little gratuitous fan-service there was, yes, we do see a lot of Marin, but not really much more than would be seen in a 'beach episode'. Personally I thought this was a good thing because I find that fan-service laden series can get boring very quickly.  

Overall I thought that the series had a good storyline which was well told and supported by excellent artwork and animation. I was pleased to see that a second series is in preparation, as far as I am aware no date has been announced but rumours suggest late 2023/early 2024.

• Cool (Kakkoii) 1

I'm currently rewatching the absolute gem of a series known as Yuru Camp. Everything about this series is so good, the artwork, animation, background music and storyline are excellent.  Then there's the wonderful cast, the quiet, softly spoken introverted solo camper Rin Shima  and the energetic extroverted Nadeshiko Kagamihara make a perfect team.  This series is just so enjoyable and such great fun to watch.

• Like 1
  • Friendly 1
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

Just finished the Takagi-san movie. A bit cutesier than the tv series usually is as the story largely centers on Nishikata & Takagi looking after a stray kitten. And then there’s the after credit scene

Poor Nishikata now has TWO of them to deal with 

😂 

Think I may have diabetes now :P 

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Cool (Kakkoii) 1

I've now finished watching both seasons of Yuru Camp, the Yuru Camp movie and the Room Camp shorts along with the bonus episode featuring Rin and a three wheeled bike.
This is such an excellent series and I hope the rumours of a third season being in production are true.
At times I wondered if the series was more about outdoor cooking than camping because the girls certainly like their food (especially Nadeshiko) and seemed to spend almost as much time planning their menu as they did planning their camping trip. But their main aim was to have as much fun spending time together as friends and doing what they loved doing.
Even Rin joined in on occasion, which proves that introverts aren't anti-social loners, they're willing to join in with a group but are just as happy with their own company and doing their own thing. The one thing they really don't like is other people forcing them to join in.

ok

i am currently listening to this anime - pulse 807

http://www.anime-pulse.com/?powerpress_ ... 33-podcast

& I have watched
June 24, 2023, Saturday

Disney XD
9:00 am Beyblade Burst QuadStrike
Howls of Terror! Kerbeus Returns!

9:30 am Yu-Gi-Oh! SEVENS Lose to Win

June 25, 2023, Sunday
12:30a Dr. Stone: New World: Eyes of Science*

1:00a Food Wars! The Fifth Plate: Final Exams

1:30a One Piece: Capture Caesar! General Cannon Blasts!*

2:00a Naruto Shippuden: Leaving the Village*

2:30a My Hero Academia: League of Villains vs. U.A. Student

on toonnami

I'm rewatching Hyouka and finding it as enjoyable second time round as it was the first time. I really like the interactions of the two main characters, Hotaro Oreki is focused on what he calls 'saving energy', which most people would define as 'being lazy', however like a true lazy person he will always weigh up the effort required to do something against the effort of refusing to do something. Then there's Eru Chitanda, a bright energetic girl with an insatiable curiosity and desire to know answers to any mystery she encounters. When Chitanda utters the phrase "I'm curious" you can see the terror strike into Oreki's heart as he knows that her insistence, and her sweet smile, will obliterate any resistance he has and that the line of least effort is to go along with her scheme. 

As for the mysteries themselves, they're not all that mysterious but they are well presented and believable as the sort of mysteries that high school students would encounter. 

• Like 1

Watched some more Oshi no Ko and the first 4 episodes of Heavenly Delusion. Heavenly Delusion is very good, excited to see where it goes. 

8 hours ago, Kleiner said:

Watched some more Oshi no Ko

I just finished season 1. While I still feel like it’s been overhyped, no denying it’s been one of the best series this year & am already looking forward to season 2 which has been confirmed (probably next year). Sorry Akane, but I’m definitely on team Kana (Arima)spacer.png

8 hours ago, Kleiner said:

Heavenly Delusion is very good, excited to see where it goes. 

I’m planning to start that one soon myself.

I watched the first couple episodes of My Home Hero . Definitely an interesting idea behind it, but not very well written/executed to this point. Will have give it a couple more eps but not sure if I will finish it.

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Like 2

Heike Monogatari looks interesting.  Just started it but so far, so good.

On 6/28/2023 at 12:50 AM, Animedragon said:

When Chitanda utters the phrase "I'm curious" you can see the terror strike into Oreki's heart

kininarimasu.gif.754ad82f1fde9f3a7274779f5f0775e2.gif

• Like 2

On 6/19/2023 at 1:27 AM, Animedragon said:

... I'm pleasantly surprised at how little gratuitous fan-service there was, yes, we do see a lot of Marin, but not really much more than would be seen in a 'beach episode'. Personally I thought this was a good thing because I find that fan-service laden series can get boring very quickly.

Same here.  I don't mind the skin if it is an integral part of the story.  Same with gore, sex, or anything else you can name.  That "gratuitous" word is important, and if the sex, gore, or whatever is the only thing a story has going for it then that's a boring/bad story.  Salt and pepper are great as spices, but nobody would enjoy eating a plate full of just those.

• Like 1

Continuing my rewatch of Hyouka I noted that several episodes took place during the school's cultural festival when the whole school was turned into a fairground and all normal school classes, lessons etc were suspended. I've seen this in several other anime series and not really given it much thought, but this time I thought, to borrow Eru Chitanda's phrase, "I'm curious" so I did some research on the Net. What I found was that the cultural festivals shown in anime are a pretty accurate representation of what actually happens.

Then I got to thinking that I might have enjoyed school more if we'd had similar festivals, then I realised that for a whole lot of reasons it would never have happened.

Watching some Rosen Maiden and Princess Resurrection. Both are fun watches, with pretty alright action in between. I reccomend both for anyone. 

Watched a couple “Special Episodes” that serve as prequels for upcoming series & seasons respectively

Fate Strange Fake sets the stage for an upcoming full series, though the debut date is unknown. While I’m skeptical it will supplant Fate Zero as my favorite/most epic entry in the franchise, it seems to offer more potential to do so than the other entries I’ve seen. I would recommend watching Absolute Demonic Front Babylonia or at least being familiar with that chapter of the FGO online game as it offers additional insight into a very personal rivalry between two of the characters.

Mushoku Tensei: Agent Fitz the main characters (or even Roxie) don’t appear at all in the episode, but it does address the unanswered question of what happened to Sylphie in the aftermath of the Mana Disaster. Being Mushoku Tensei, there has to be a certain level of lewdness. But I actually felt like season 2 can start in earnest next week with this one plot point finally given some development.

Ryza no Atelier watched the double length premiere episode. I’ve seen some complaints online of it being boring, but I personally I found it charming & refreshing. Too many fantasy adventure series have young and inexperienced protagonists becoming heroes with the fate of the world on their shoulders right from the start. And the recent trends of MC’s who are OP and/or have unique knowledge from a previous life just makes it worse. So I found it refreshing to have them actually portrayed as sheltered adolescents from a village with isolationist traditions who simply want to go places they’ve never been & see things they’ve never seen before. And struggling even against the weakest enemies. And there’s already hints that the “boring” village they’ve spent their lives in may have secrets they never imagined. I actually hope it doesn’t rush their growth too much. Only complaint is that the camera does seem to focus too much on the female lead’s thighs.

Edited by Ohayotaku

Finished Insomniacs After School. It wound up being a really sweet love story between two highschoolers struggling with personal baggage that keeps them up at night, finding solace in the night sky & each other. At times it felt like something tragic was being foreshadowed but it ended without ever being confirmed or denied. And I’m fine with that. 

My Love Story With Yamada-kun at Level 999. I actually had a fairly high opinion of this series for much of the season, but sadly it fizzled out in the last third or so. In the end, I just couldn’t feel any romantic chemistry between the two leads. I can definitely see them as more than just gaming buddies, definitely IRL friends & even confidants, but not as a romantic couple. This is a real problem considering that the final group of episodes really focused on trying to sell that idea, to the point that it made the series less enjoyable overall. I still found it worth watching & found the various character interactions funny & entertaining, also a good art style & like the OP. But disappointing that it couldn’t make the love story engaging in the end.

Going to give The Dangers in My Heart another chance largely due to the fact that it remained one of the season’s higher rated series. I generally don’t let popular opinion have too much of an influence, but since my initial reaction was one & done, it probably deserves at least a bit more consideration.

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Ohayotaku said:

Finished Insomniacs After School. It wound up being a really sweet love story between two highschoolers struggling with personal baggage that keeps them up at night, finding solace in the night sky & each other. At times it felt like something tragic was being foreshadowed but it ended without ever being confirmed or denied. And I’m fine with that. 

I've been reading the manga for this one and am definitely looking forward to watching the anime.

My Love Story With Yamada-kun at Level 999. I actually had a fairly high opinion of this series for much of the season, but sadly it fizzled out in the last third or so. In the end, I just couldn’t feel any romantic chemistry between the two leads

This one seems to have had some very mixed reviews, but I think I'll add it to my watch list out of curiosity.

Going to give The Dangers in My Heart another chance largely due to the fact that it remained one of the season’s higher rated series. I generally don’t let popular opinion have too much of an influence, but since my initial reaction was one & done, it probably deserves at least a bit more consideration.

This one looks like it might be interesting. It got some good reviews on MAL, but then again I don't always agree with the reviews on MAL.

I've just finished watching Angel Beats. This is probably one of the strangest series I've seen for a long time. I'm not really a fan of isekai series but this started off looking like an interesting series, main character dies and wakes up in a high school in the afterlife with no idea why he's there and what's happening.  
For most of the first half of the series I had no idea about what was going on, it seemed that what passed for a plot was just an excuse for a load of dramatic fights where almost everyone got killed, but that was OK because they were in the afterlife and they were dead anyway so they couldn't be killed and they'd be back for the next episode.
Then in the final few episodes the creators seemed to realise that some form of coherent storyline was needed and desperately pulled something together which gave the series a reasonably decent ending.

Finished Heavenly Delusion. Excellent until the last two episodes. I hated the way they handled the subject matter they delved into in those last episodes. Other than that, the series is great.

Edited by Kleiner