Ask Optic

Optic

Not sure if there is a suggestion thread so I guess my first question will be: Is there one? 

Now on to the main question: I like to put some effort into the "about me" section of my profile. Will there ever be a time when instead of defaulting to the "activity" tab going to my profile will by default show my "about me" tab? Just a suggestion that would be really neat as that is what profiles are all about right? Thanks! 

Oh @TyCoya this topic was meant for personal questions! In future feel free to start a topic in AF Feedback/Support for any suggestions.

But that's okay, to answer your question - not at this stage. The Activity tab is emphasised more to make it easier to interact with other members. As a workaround you could put a direct link to that "About Me" tab in your Signature. 

• Informative 1

@Optic-senpai is so cool!

• What's your favorite food?
  • What's your favorite color?
  • What's your favorite manga reading style, horizontal or vertical (horizontal means that you have to keep on pressing "Next", while in vertical mode you just scroll down.)?
  • Who is your favorite anime girl crush?
  • Are you single?
  • Which do you prefer, takoyaki or ramen?
  • What is the meaning of "life"?
  • How did you come with the idea of making AF?
  • What do you think of this video?

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

On 29/01/2018 at 7:43 AM, Estatia said:

Whats your favorite anime girl?

Way too many to list! This current season Kouka (BEATLESS) is my favourite so far.

Noire/Black Heart (Hyperdimension Neptunia) is a strong favourite. I also really like Dark Magician Girl (Yu-Gi-Oh), Angela Balzac (Rakuen Tsuhou: Expelled from Paradise) and Sword Sniper Rigel (Z/X: IGNITION). 

Nanoha Takamachi and Yuki Yuna would be my most favourite magical girls.

23 hours ago, SleepyLeoulf said:

Do you prefur Spring or Summer season?

Spring. Here in Perth, Western Australia - Summer can get really hot here, often between 32 to 40+ degrees Celsius (89.6 to 104 degrees Fahrenheit). It's fantastic outdoor weather with clear skies but of course it's much cooler to cool down and our UV rays from the Sun can be brutal.

23 hours ago, AniMeFReaK said:
  • What's your favorite food?
  • What's your favorite color?
  • What's your favorite manga reading style, horizontal or vertical (horizontal means that you have to keep on pressing "Next", while in vertical mode you just scroll down.)?
  • Who is your favorite anime girl crush?
  • Are you single?
  • Which do you prefer, takoyaki or ramen?
  • What is the meaning of "life"?
  • How did you come with the idea of making AF?
  • What do you think of this video?

So many questions! :o

1. Lasagne is my all-time favourite.

2. Blue. But I also really like green too.

3. I rarely read manga. Having said that, I am reading physical Japanese ones at a very slow pace to complement my Japanese studies. So I don't read them digitally.

4. For a long time, I really adored Dark Magician Girl (Yu-Gi-Oh). But I have far too many favourites now. :P

5. Yes. ;)

6. Takoyaki is very strong in flavour and you don't really get to choose how it is prepared. Ramen you can choose different fillings and styles so on that basis, Ramen. Having said that I don't eat both very much..

7. The meaning of life? I say just do what makes you happy, within your means. Sort out your essentials (decent place to live) then sort out your resources (money! you need money to live in this world) and invest in a hobby. Having a long term goal in mind also helps too to go against the daily grind (career or long term aspiration).

8. With AF I just wanted a place where anime fans from around the world could discuss anime and their interests in a comfortable and SPAM free environment (there is so much toxicity these days on both social media and other communities). Also many many years ago the anime community in Australia wasn't very big at all compared to America and other countries, so being able to reach fans from many countries around the world is a great feeling. :) Thankfully the barriers to anime are much lower these days but it's still a nice feeling getting visitors from all different countries.

9. It reminded me of how much greater µ's was in the original Love Live! series compared to Aquours in Love Live: Sunshine.

• Like 1

On 01/02/2018 at 2:52 AM, SleepyLeoulf said:

Do you like pizza or burgers better? 

Oooh that's a tough one. Pizza, by just a slight margin. ;) Supreme is my favourite pizza topping.

On 02/02/2018 at 1:43 AM, Roxeg said:

What's your favourite song? If you have a favourite one; if there are more than one, just one of them.

I don't particularly have a favourite song (as it radically changes depending on my mood). I generally prefer OSTs. At the moment I am really loving the OPs and soundtrack of Knights of Sidonia. Very nail-biting and tense which suits those tense gauna / Sidonia / garde battles really well.

Outside of anime, I love movie OSTs from Sci-Fi films such as Blade Runner and Tron: Legacy.

2 hours ago, Ahriz said:

Which college did you go to? 

Sorry, I won't disclose personal details at that level - but I will say it is from a laid back university in Perth, Western Australia. ;)

• Creative 1

On 10/2/2018 at 9:00 AM, AniMeFReaK said:

@Optic-senpai who was the second person to join this community, since you were the first?

Something concerning that and I found out recently is that the number before your username in your profile link is your 'member number' meaning you joined in x place after someone else, makes sense I guess since Optic is 1 and the rest gow up to hundreds, I'm four hundred and something myself so just go through the oldest posts until you see a profile which has the number 2 before their username.