Jump to content
EnviousEnvy

Old Childhood Anime

Recommended Posts

This thread is about any anime you grew up watching when you were younger. Which series were popular when you were a kid/teen? Which series do you honestly miss watching on TV?

I miss watching Zatchbell and the original Zoids series. Then there is the original Digimon and Pokemon (back when there was only 150). A few other series would be Ghost In The Shell (although I do have all of the SAC series). I'm sure there are others I miss but I can't remember them off the top of my head.

As you can probably guess by now I grew up in the early 90's back when you could only trade Pokemon with the person sitting next to you. I used to have 650 Pokemon cards (yeah I actually sat down and counted them, lol) but I gave them all to my nephew last year. Also remember having to get my anime fix by buying VHS after VHS after VHS of Pokemon and DBZ (now I can't believe that VHS tapes only had like four episodes per tape). I still have some of them too in a box somewhere in my house, lol.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EnviousEnvy said:

As you can probably guess by now I grew up in the early 90's back when you could only trade Pokemon with the person sitting next to you. I used to have 650 Pokemon cards (yeah I actually sat down and counted them, lol) but I gave them all to my nephew last year. Also remember having to get my anime fix by buying VHS after VHS after VHS of Pokemon and DBZ (now I can't believe that VHS tapes only had like four episodes per tape). I still have some of them too in a box somewhere in my house, lol.

I remember the days of trading pokemon with my friends in grade school ^^ Fun times. I was never really that lucky with getting any foil cards, but I was happy with the ones I had :)

For me, I was a huge fan of YuGiOh. I was always excited to watch it on TV and watch re-runs when I came home from school ^^ I still watch it sometimes, but not as much. The nostalgia factor is there tho <3 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EnviousEnvy said:

I miss watching Zatchbell and the original Zoids series. Then there is the original Digimon and Pokemon (back when there was only 150). A few other series would be Ghost In The Shell (although I do have all of the SAC series). I'm sure there are others I miss but I can't remember them off the top of my head.

As you can probably guess by now I grew up in the early 90's back when you could only trade Pokemon with the person sitting next to you. I used to have 650 Pokemon cards (yeah I actually sat down and counted them, lol) but I gave them all to my nephew last year. Also remember having to get my anime fix by buying VHS after VHS after VHS of Pokemon and DBZ (now I can't believe that VHS tapes only had like four episodes per tape). I still have some of them too in a box somewhere in my house, lol.

i miss watching spongebob and jimmy neutron shows, along with fairy odd parents

jokes aside (not a joke ;_;) pretty much bolded them, Zoids, Digimon, Yugioh, and GTO (great teacher onizuka), those were the day's man, those show's were fun, but those were when i was but a wee lad, so i sort of preffered the dub shows of them -- rather than the subs

it was all shown in Tv (animax) and man, was those fun -- i dont remember the names of the others, but they w-- DARKER THAN BLACK WAS ON ANIMAX TOO

right, that show was also fun >.>

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My first and favorite childhood anime is Digimon, I used to pretend to do my homework while watching the series. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I miss watching classic animés!! I used to have list of anime I watch and their time slots because when I was a kid, there was no online streams like we have now. 

My childhood anime were Fushigi Yuugi, Yu Yu Hakusho, Flame of Recca, Dragonball, HunterXHunter, Digimon, etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm, apart from the typical childhood anime like DBZ, Pokémon, OP, etc...

I remember Crayon Shin-chan, but it didn't run that often. I loved Phantom Thief Jeanne, DoReMi, Captain Tsubasa, Case Closed and Inuyasha (gosh, I loved Inuyasha and Case Closed). But my most hyped childhood anime were OP and Naruto Classic - when I was in primary school I would often pretend with a friend to be some of the charactes and do stupid stuff during recess, invent possible plot lines, etc...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2018 at 9:16 AM, leinwandname said:

Hmmm, apart from the typical childhood anime like DBZ, Pokémon, OP, etc...

I remember Crayon Shin-chan, but it didn't run that often. I loved Phantom Thief Jeanne, DoReMi, Captain Tsubasa, Case Closed and Inuyasha (gosh, I loved Inuyasha and Case Closed). But my most hyped childhood anime were OP and Naruto Classic - when I was in primary school I would often pretend with a friend to be some of the charactes and do stupid stuff during recess, invent possible plot lines, etc...

Oh my! Hahahaha, I love Crayon Shin-chan!! It was hilarious!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/9/2018 at 9:04 PM, EnviousEnvy said:

Pokemon (back when there was only 150).

There was NEVER just 150.

The first generation was, is and always will be 151!

Bulbasaur to Mew.

Edited by Ryuji

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my childhood in Russia was popular Pokemon and Sailor Moon. When I was in middle school, Shaman King and Naruto grew in popularity as a result of a streaming on federal channel (if I remember correctly).

On 8/10/2018 at 5:04 AM, EnviousEnvy said:

As you can probably guess by now I grew up in the early 90's back when you could only trade Pokemon with the person sitting next to you. I used to have 650 Pokemon cards (yeah I actually sat down and counted them, lol) but I gave them all to my nephew last year. Also remember having to get my anime fix by buying VHS after VHS after VHS of Pokemon and DBZ (now I can't believe that VHS tapes only had like four episodes per tape). I still have some of them too in a box somewhere in my house, lol.

We had Pokemon chips (we called them "caps") like this. And we were playing caps, it was like gambling - winner was getting loser's chips. Some kids used to have very impressive collections of this stuff (I wasn't one of them, lol).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Anime Forums is where fans from around the world can gather to discuss anime and Japanese culture!  All anime fans are welcome. Take a moment to join us now!
×