What's the weather like where you are?

VampireKnight19

We're supposed to get another big storm this weekend but for now it's sunny and Spring(ish).  The pear tree out front has gone from leafless sticks last week to full-blossom mode this week, and you can smell it from a block away.  So can the bees apparently.  There's a continuous hum coming from the tree during daylight hours.

image.thumb.png.34e330fd6a19fa2ef9edd325666f10d8.png

Temps dropped back down into the 20s and 30s Friday and we got 2-3 inches of snow overnight. Still cold enough nothing really melted.

Now in the low teens and clear as can be. Bit of a chill in the air with the winds blowing.

Not where I am - I'm at the other end of the State - but you know the recent California rains have been a bit on the extreme side when kayaking in Death Valley becomes a thing.

Down here in the south we're just having wandering hillsides moving around and making a muddy mess of things, a few pothole issues, and one sinkhole that tried to eat a horse.

So far we've received almost 10 inches (35cm) of rain here in Los Angeles from the recent storms.  Yesterday and today was pretty nice.  Sunny and warmer at least.  The next wave of rains are due to start up again Sunday tho.

image.png.63c8370589d1927d0b24d51a834425bb.png

Edited by efaardvark

11 hours ago, efaardvark said:

Down here in the south we're just having wandering hillsides moving around and making a muddy mess of things, a few pothole issues,

WOW!! And we think we have pothole problems on our roads!

11 hours ago, efaardvark said:

What happened to the horse?  That content isn't available in the UK.

11 hours ago, Animedragon said:

WOW!! And we think we have pothole problems on our roads!

What happened to the horse?  That content isn't available in the UK.

The horse was extracted successfully.   :)  Apparently the LAFD actually trains for this sort of thing. 🧑‍🚒🏗️🐎  

Edited by efaardvark
  • Like 1

It was icy this morning so I couldn't bike to school. I almost slipped on the road actually. It's warmer now so most of its melted, but during class it started hailing. Luckily it stopped before class got out since I left my umbrella at home. 

pretty cold and wet, but looking forward to the summer months!

Almost 60F and it’s not even 8 am. But it’s supposed to be barely above freezing when I get off work this evening 😨

It's dull and overcast, it has been raining but it's not now, but more is forecast/threatened for later on. It's also only 10C and is expected to be half that by the end of the day.