Is Log Horizon really better than Sword Art Online?

Optic

Is Log Horizon really better than Sword Art Online?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Is Log Horizon really better than Sword Art Online?

• Log Horizon is better!
    • Sword Art Online is better!
    • They're both about the same...
    • It depends.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen, it's been fun to reminisce over 2013. But I have one thing that always stuck out to me in this idea of SOA + being good or any anime for that matter, being good or bad. Reading through this thread has really made it apparent that people don't know how to gather basic evidence for their opinion. In other news, we are also so scared to give evidence because we are so afraid of disagreeing with one another. Disagreeing does not = not being able to have community together. Is it better for me to be me or for you to see a fake person, how is that community?

In regards to the very first reply in this thread, I need to ask you, WHAT?!

I really loved Sword Art compare to Log Horizon mostly because I found the characters had more of a character to them. and Kirito and Asuna are the perfect match. When it came to Sword Art season 2 though ugh maybe not as good as the first season of Log Horizon but I personally think GGO and SAO and the last two parts with ALF are better then log horizon.

Could you please tell me as a person who is Asuna?

and

Who as a person is Kirito?

Your statement boggled my mind

and do the same with any character except for Yuki (purple hair).

Furthermore the last part of Season 2 was by far better than the rest of SAO because of the Yuki arc, Asuna grew character there without that she is a teenage girl with hardly any personality we know nothing about her and without her experience in SAO she wouldn't have developed as a character at all, it's embarrassing to claim she is a good character before Season 2.

• Agree 1

and

Furthermore the last part of Season 2 was by far better than the rest of SAO because of the Yuki arc, Asuna grew character there without that she is a teenage girl with hardly any personality we know nothing about her and without her experience in SAO she wouldn't have developed as a character at all, it's embarrassing to claim she is a good character before Season 2.

I may think SAO is better than Log Horizon, but I cannot really agree enough with you here.

The characters are not fleshed out too well, even in the original novels, and it can be a pain.

I definitely cannot really answer your questions per se, but you do make a good point.

Listen, it's been fun to reminisce over 2013. But I have one thing that always stuck out to me in this idea of SOA + being good or any anime for that matter, being good or bad. Reading through this thread has really made it apparent that people don't know how to gather basic evidence for their opinion. In other news, we are also so scared to give evidence because we are so afraid of disagreeing with one another. Disagreeing does not = not being able to have community together. Is it better for me to be me or for you to see a fake person, how is that community?

In regards to the very first reply in this thread, I need to ask you, WHAT?!

and

I've said it before in another thread, but I'll say it again here, Yuuki's story is not as compelling as we are all lead to believe. I mean really, who would believe in a world where someone who is dying spends the last few minutes of their life on a video game instead of with loved ones. That nonsensical set up just takes away from the setting as a whole. It would have been better if Yuuki was an AI, because it would have also made it seem possible that Yui could at one point be in danger, negating that annoying bit where Kirito basically becomes a master hacker, well beyond the abilities of any known hacker, just long enough to remove any dramatic tension set up in that scene in season 1.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

I've said it before in another thread, but I'll say it again here, Yuuki's story is not as compelling as we are all lead to believe. I mean really, who would believe in a world where someone who is dying spends the last few minutes of their life on a video game instead of with loved ones. That nonsensical set up just takes away from the setting as a whole. It would have been better if Yuuki was an AI, because it would have also made it seem possible that Yui could at one point be in danger, negating that annoying bit where Kirito basically becomes a master hacker, well beyond the abilities of any known hacker, just long enough to remove any dramatic tension set up in that scene in season 1.

I like this idea, and my thoughts were exactly this. I am not saying that the arc is perfect or even great, I am saying its better than the rest of SAO. Yuuki as a character worked together with Asuna to grow one another, they had more of a relationship than Asuna and Kirito. This is why I use it as an example. When you use other characters as a foundation to develop a character from, then both should grow. Log Horizon did this better than SAO, and the Yuuki arc did it better than any other arc in the SAO franchise.

Edited by Guest

I used to think which one is better, SAO or Log Horizon, then I watched OverLord and my doubts were no more.

Actually, this is true.

If you're watching something in this genre, then I think that Overlord is honestly the stronger show. Quite frankly, they have a lot more fun with it. The focus is more on the "let's be goofy" than on the "let's explain this world!"

Another show that's in the same vein is Konosuba, which is basically comedy gold if you don't mind a bit of ecchi.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Actually, this is true.

If you're watching something in this genre, then I think that Overlord is honestly the stronger show. Quite frankly, they have a lot more fun with it. The focus is more on the "let's be goofy" than on the "let's explain this world!"

Another show that's in the same vein is Konosuba, which is basically comedy gold if you don't mind a bit of ecchi.

OverLord is more serious in my opinion, the light novels are going strong and great. Konosuba is one of the best comedies I've ever seen.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

• Geano locked this topic