What anime are you watching now?

Optic

I've just finished rewatching The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. Which is a Slice of Life series about a group of high school misfits who live in a rather ramshackle school dormitory called 'Sakura Hall' and it follows the lives and activities of its inhabitants. Now, it has to be said that a few of the early episodes are rather silly, however things do settle down as the series progresses and follows the various residents as they strive to achieve something in their lives. Each of the characters has an interesting personality and the interactions between them are really good.  I  really enjoyed watching this series, it has its silly moments but it also has its fun moments, its sad moments and its serious moments but whatever happens all the members of Sakura Hall are there for each other when times get hard.

Overall, I found this to be a good series.

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

3 hours ago, Animedragon said:

I've just finished rewatching The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. Which is a Slice of Life series about a group of high school misfits who live in a rather ramshackle school dormitory called 'Sakura Hall' and it follows the lives and activities of its inhabitants. Now, it has to be said that a few of the early episodes are rather silly, however things do settle down as the series progresses and follows the various residents as they strive to achieve something in their lives. Each of the characters has an interesting personality and the interactions between them are really good.  I  really enjoyed watching this series, it has its silly moments but it also has its fun moments, its sad moments and its serious moments but whatever happens all the members of Sakura Hall are there for each other when times get hard.

Overall, I found this to be a good series.

the pet girl of sakurasou was one of my favorite anime and it still holds a very special place to my heart. i really love it!! glad somebody else watched it. I'm still sad there was no season 2 though

• Agree 1

Started watching the 2nd season of Tsukimichi, but seems like I’ve forgotten a lot of the details, so rewatching season 1 😅

I've just finished rewatching Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions it's a bit of a crazy series, but good fun to watch. The first series has a slightly more serious storyline than the second but both series and the movie are enjoyable.

So the anime that I am watching lately is this;

The Witch and the beast

A Sign of affection

Solo Leveling

Metallic Rouge 

Bucchigiri

• Like 1

I've just rewatched BanG! Dream: It's My Go!!!!! I enjoyed the series more second time round. I think this was because It's My Go is more of a drama story than a band story and as such it revolves more around the interactions between the various characters and watching it a second time I better understood the motivations, manipulations, lies and deceits practised by the various characters in their attempts to get things to go their way.
I still think that having Ave Musica take up the second half of episode 13 didn't really fit in and the band was way too pretentious.

Just caught up on Apothecary Diaries and the characters are written so well. I especially love the main character, Mao Mao, who has an actual personality beyond her love interest, Jinshi. If anything, Jinshi is the one who's obsessed with her. 😆 Least to say, the mysteries were intriguing, art style was pleasant, and characters were written well. Can't wait for the next season. 

• Like 1

On 2/2/2024 at 7:08 PM, Ohayotaku said:

Started watching the 2nd season of Tsukimichi, but seems like I’ve forgotten a lot of the details, so rewatching season 1 😅

Same lmao

Today I finished watching Say "I Love You". This is a wholesome little high school Slice of Life romance series, it's got nothing really special about it, it's just a nice little story about two people with very different personalities spending time together and getting to know each other and spending time with their friends.
The various characters have interesting and believable personalities, some are shy and withdrawn, others scheming and a bit manipulative while a couple of them are just annoying but as the series progresses the interactions between them have a lot to say about friendship. While there's nothing in the series that makes it stand out it still manages to be an enjoyable little series.

On 2/2/2024 at 7:08 PM, Ohayotaku said:

14 hours ago, Soramee_ said:

Same lmao

Finished my rewatch. Planning on waiting for season 2 to (almost) end so I can binge it.

Currently watching ‘Tis Time for “Torture”, Princess. What you expect spacer.png

What you get spacer.png 

😂🤣

• Funny 1

Started my 3-ep preview run(s) for the currently-airing cohort.  I picked Lvl 99 Hidden Boss first to sort of get it out of the way.  (I'm the kind of person that eats the peas first and saves the cupcake for last.)  I almost didn't start it in the first place for many reasons - isekai (into a game no less 🤮), school kids, demon lord, and several other tropes that have been done to death - but for some reason I did.  And almost instantly regretted it because they started with Alicia.  I have a policy that if I start the first episode of a season then I have to at least watch the first 3 before I decide to quit but I was quite tempted to break that rule here.  In spite of the episode summary text I literally had my mouse over the "back" button when they switched to the actual main character.  She turned out to be a kuudere and that plus a change in the tone of the humor made things a little more fun so I reholstered my mouse and got through the first 3 episodes.  I still can't say I'll get back to it at the end of the season but I think I could enjoy it if the rest of the series kept with the same sort of humor.  I'm curious if they'll do a twist ending too.  Ideally one that completely bypasses the painfully trite "main" (game-wise) characters.

Edited by efaardvark

On 2/24/2024 at 1:56 PM, efaardvark said:

Started my 3-ep preview run(s) for the currently-airing cohort.  I picked Lvl 99 Hidden Boss first to sort of get it out of the way

I started that one as well since the “Villainess” sounded like she might be a genderbent version of the MC for Otome Game Sekai wa Mob ni Kibishii Sekai desu which I enjoyed. But as you mentioned she turned out to be a kuudere whereas he enjoyed hamming things up. Shelved Villainess after 4 eps & like yourself, not sure if I’ll resume.

Honestly this has been the weakest batch of seasonals since I started streaming 6 or 7 years ago. The best things airing are all carryovers from last season (Frieren, Apothecary Diaries, Shangri La Frontier & Ragna Crimson). Though Himesama "Goumon" no Jikan desu has been a pleasant surprise.