What anime are you watching now?

Optic

oh and for the record I actually enjoyed both High School DxD and HOTD

and Is This a Zombie? too

and Shisha no Teikoku (The Empire of Corpses)

and also Gosick

which reminds me I was going to watch

Dantalian no Shoka (The Mystic Archives of Dantalian)

Kamisama no Memochou (Heaven’s Memo Pad)

and Un-Go

I like Hyouka, but I couldn't really get into Gosick. For some reason, the characters were not compelling enough, and the mystery in each episode was mediocre.

Have to agree the mysteries were mediocre a lot of the time, but things were still more interesting than Hyouka.

Then again, that is just my opinion, considering that FUNimation does not have Hyouka available to stream completely.

Have to agree the mysteries were mediocre a lot of the time, but things were still more interesting than Hyouka.

Then again, that is just my opinion, considering that FUNimation does not have Hyouka available to stream completely.

Thing is, I didn't go into Hyouka with any sort of expectations. I asked for a light-hearted high school anime with some mystery elements, and he recommended the perfect anime to me. With Gosick, many people asked me to watch it and told me that it was very good. I don't go into any anime with expectations, I've come to realize that it'll lead to disappointment, but, you can't avoid having some kind of an expectation.

It also didn't help that the series had a pretty bombastic setting, in contrast with Hyouka, in which everything, including the main character, was laid back.

Also, there were 4-5 characters in Hyouka, all of them were like-able.

Whereas in Gosick, I didn't like both main characters.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

I finished Ano Hana yesterday and then, I started High School DxD. Couldn't cross five minutes. Mediocre animation, too much of ecchi, and very bad writing. Dropped it.

After that, I started Highschool of the Dead. While it had a lot of ecchi, it was better than High School DxD. It was also pretty fast-paced, and the story started moving instantly.

HOTD was one of my first few animes I ever watched it's not bad.

• Agree 1

I'm currently watching Hyouka and planning to start with Mayoiga afterwards (this week if possible). Depends on how much spare time i'll get during the week.

Mayoiga, eh? I don't know how to put this, but, it is a pretty bad anime. If you still want to watch it, ignore my comment, see for yourself. If you like it, good for you.

• Informative 1

Mayoiga, eh? I don't know how to put this, but, it is a pretty bad anime. If you still want to watch it, ignore my comment, see for yourself. If you like it, good for you.

I don't think there is something such as a bad anime, it depends on the viewers tendency whether he likes or dislike it. Anyways, thanks for the forewarning. :)

Watching Un-Go now. Will finish it once and for all. Tbh I am liking it so far. Animation is good. Characters are interesting. I love the contrasting personalities of the two main characters. Can't say too much about plot yet since i am only episode 4. But is good so far. Would definitely recommend to any one who wants a good mystery and (as an added bonus) loves sexy female characters ;)

I don't think there is something such as a bad anime, it depends on the viewers tendency whether he likes or dislike it. Anyways, thanks for the forewarning. :)

Maybe. But things like subjective opinions don't hold true for some anime, which are considered to be universally bad. I believe this is one of them. Anyway, if you enjoy it, that's great.

miss kobayashi's dragon maid [ATTACH=full]32976[/ATTACH]

Oh yes! I highly recommend this one! <3 I really loved Kanna <3

I just started and finished Hoozuki no Reitetsu today and will probably Start watching Gingitsune and Akiba's Trip Animation. I've been adding animes on my MAL lately and I can't seem to pick which anime to watch next. I really have a lot of problems going on about watching which anime. -_-

I've actually read about that today due to some Social Media Team reasons. Please do tell me what ya think about it afterwards :)

Well, I saw the first episode, and it has an intriguing world, and characters, and instead of just explaining and narrating the whole thing, it puts you into the spot and makes you experience it and just as it grips you, it gives a little bit of exposition at the end of the episode to make it more familiar. The animation and the music are phenomenal. The characters aren't annoying at all, even though they are children. I should have started it when the season began.

• Like 1

I just started Made in Abyss.

I've actually read about that today due to some Social Media Team reasons. Please do tell me what ya think about it afterwards :)

Well, I saw the first episode, and it has an intriguing world, and characters, and instead of just explaining and narrating the whole thing, it puts you into the spot and makes you experience it and just as it grips you, it gives a little bit of exposition at the end of the episode to make it more familiar. The animation and the music are phenomenal. The characters aren't annoying at all, even though they are children. I should have started it when the season began.

a few of us here are watching this

https://animeforums.net/community/threads/made-in-abyss-episode-1-discussion-recap.4326/#post-43517

it seems to hook you to see what or where its going in the next episode ending the episode at the point where your wanting to know how it continues

• Like 1

a few of us here are watching this

https://animeforums.net/community/threads/made-in-abyss-episode-1-discussion-recap.4326/#post-43517

it seems to hook you to see what or where its going in the next episode ending the episode at the point where your wanting to know how it continues

It'd be great to discuss this on a weekly basis.

It'd be great to discuss this on a weekly basis.

maybe post this comment in the discussion thread I linked then

I my self cant say id be in 100% but may occasionally make comments , but others there may and there have been a few discussion threads on specific animes in these forums with members

Edited by Guest