What anime are you watching now?

Optic

On 11/23/2021 at 8:43 PM, Ohayotaku said:

@Kit Steins Gate is more psychological & suspenseful than action oriented, but it does have some intense scenes & a good bit of humor. And you want to start with the main series instead of Zero (0).
Durarara also felt similar to TR for me.

Thanks for all of the recommendations. Coming to an end on Fullmetal: Brotherhood, it was good I loved it more than Fullmetal but they both have positives over the other. The voice acting in Fullmetal over Brotherhood and I don't know why but I like the animation in Fullmetal better. I'll probably try Steins Gate next.

On 11/24/2021 at 6:14 AM, Kreideprinz said:

Yes. Yes I did. 👀 In my opinion, other characters coddled him too much and it resulted in a lot of unnecessary tragedy. 

I feel bad for Draken, it felt like his character could have been so much more if he were a little more independent.

I'm still looking forward to season 2. It's great that you're finding your interests, Kit. 👍 Love what you love, and come share it with us! 👋😁   

I don't have a favorite character but I do respect that Draken was one of the ones that commanded any sense. xD I didn't like how easily Takemichi was folded into the group. He came between the friends when they had known each other longer and had been through more stuff together. Draken couldn't settle Mikey down but Takemichi could? I saw no resemblance between Takemichi and Mikey's brother. They should show the connection in season 2.

About to start Legend of the Galactic Heroes (1988) OVA Season 2 finished the first season like just shy of a mouth ago and need to get back on with the next season as the first season was really good. Stopped to watched the Irresponsible Captain Tylor and to give myself a break from a subbed show also watching Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, and am currently on episode 31 so that's going super fast only started it like two weeks ago. 

spacer.png
Its funny but I didn't mean to be this smug about my intellectual anime tastes when I wrote this

Gonna have to find away out of this... Got it! 

41b584da5b1f7e6688e3bcbd17b28e22.gif
Also plan to watch the second season of Slayers pretty soon because its was super funny!

And just like that I avoided being labelled an elitist... few

Watched episode 1 of The Ancient Magus Bride: The Boy from the West & Knight of the Blue Storm. Nice to see these characters again. And the storyline is right in my wheelhouse with the Wild Hunt mythology as it’s basis. Only complaint is there are 3 episodes &  I believe it will be several months between them since they’re being released with the manga in Japan. Fortunately it’s not actually complex & stopped at a good break point.

Edited by Ohayotaku

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to start Paranoia Agent. Just got through the first volume. I didn't want anything to long as I'm still cracking through Full Metal with @MarathonGuy1337

We got 12 episodes to go. Must say I wasn't expecting Full Metal to live up to all the praise it receives by most anime fans. 

But I eat my own words because that might be one of the best shows I've watched.

On 12/15/2021 at 7:02 PM, LuckyFox said:

I just finished Blend-S & Genshiken. I was a little disappointed that the anime was so short considering the Genshiken Manga is a pretty long run. I just started Bakuman and Nekopara. 😅

Did you watch all of Genshiken? There is a second season, you know...

Currently watching "Tiger & Bunny" it's pretty much a superhero/Sci-Fi type anime, it's actually really good. Tiger_and_Bunny.thumb.webp.0277f6b3d1e77c178f73a4b3ec06a4b3.webp,

It came out in 2011, and the style is amazing! And It was on my list for awhile now, I'm glad I got to it...Netflix gets sh1t on a lot for its Animes, but this one is great. 

86 (Eighty-six) pt 2

and now I gave to wait till March for the final 2 episodes. But considering that it was probably the best series of the Fall season & definitely one of the top  series in all of 2021, it will be worth the wait if they use the extra time to ensure it measures up. And as an aside, the CGI in the 2nd cour was greatly improved & one of the rare instances where I don’t have any complaints with it.

Edited by Ohayotaku

13 hours ago, MediaConsumesMe said:

There's a blade runner anime?

I watched a couple eps, but didn’t appeal to me personally. 

Wrapping up some 2021 anime. 
Last episode of The Faraway Paladin is Monday. I believe I saw where it would get a 2nd season. Honestly I haven’t enjoyed the series as much after the MC ventured out into the wider world, but it’s still ok.

2 more eps of Komi. Really don’t get the hype around this series, pretty meh IMO.

Will probably finish off 7 Deadly Sins since I’ve stuck with it this far. 

Plan on watching the Lord El Melloi New Year’s special when it airs.

10 hours ago, Ohayotaku said:

I watched a couple eps, but didn’t appeal to me personally. 

Wrapping up some 2021 anime. 
Last episode of The Faraway Paladin is Monday. I believe I saw where it would get a 2nd season. Honestly I haven’t enjoyed the series as much after the MC ventured out into the wider world, but it’s still ok.

2 more eps of Komi. Really don’t get the hype around this series, pretty meh IMO.

Will probably finish off 7 Deadly Sins since I’ve stuck with it this far. 

Plan on watching the Lord El Melloi New Year’s special when it airs.

My plan next year is too finally watch Heaven Feel part 3. I've waited so long for the UK release. Other wise I'll just hit shows and films as they go. 

I currently started to watch The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and all I can say is that maybe I just discovered my favorite anime of all time. 🤩

haruhi-suzumiya.gif.67ae6fd31b1b91b2b5f773a04ab2963e.gif

the only thing I am scared about is when I will have to watch the infamous endless eight arc 😨.

I'm also watching Chobits who is my 2nd favorite anime of all time 😍. I might consider buying all of the manga from that series with the Haruhi Suzumiya series. I donchobits-chii.gif.24fe5c969af48b526264462499acaa0f.gif't know why but I love the anime from the 2000's and 90's.

22 minutes ago, Soramee_ said:

I currently started to watch The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and all I can say is that maybe I just discovered my favorite anime of all time. 🤩

haruhi-suzumiya.gif.67ae6fd31b1b91b2b5f773a04ab2963e.gif

the only thing I am scared about is when I will have to watch the infamous endless eight arc 😨.

Not sure if I'm right but I think you only need to watch three episodes of the endless eight arc to understand the plot. However I am not sure what episodes are relevant and which episodes can be skipped. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MediaConsumesMe said:

Not sure if I'm right but I think you only need to watch three episodes of the endless eight arc to understand the plot. However I am not sure what episodes are relevant and which episodes can be skipped. 

I've just checked and it seem like I only need to watch the first one, the second one and the last one. Good thing I don't need to watch all of them 😅.

4 hours ago, Soramee_ said:

I currently started to watch The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and all I can say is that maybe I just discovered my favorite anime of all time.

Maybe not of all time for me but I did enjoy it as well.  Enough that I went and bought the discs.  That's something of a rarity for me.  I stream a lot but not much gives me that "I gotta own that" kind of feeling.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Soramee_ said:

I've just checked and it seem like I only need to watch the first one, the second one and the last one. Good thing I don't need to watch all of them 😅.

That sounds right, I wonder what processed them to make endless eight. From what the dubbed voice actors said they had to do the same lines over and over again for each new episode.

And they weren't allowed to deviate much from the script so I can only imagin the boredom of going to work to repeat what you did yesterday. 

It seemed nearly all involved believed the concept of Endless Eight was stupid. 

7 hours ago, efaardvark said:

Maybe not of all time for me but I did enjoy it as well.  Enough that I went and bought the discs.  That's something of a rarity for me. 

I usually buy the discs for shows I like. As for The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya I haven't watched it yet. I know of it, but I've only worked my way past episode six. 

I think I might just not be a huge SOL guy. For now Haruhi Suzumiya is on hold as I might come back and sit through it when my list clears up a little. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MediaConsumesMe said:

It seemed nearly all involved believed the concept of Endless Eight was stupid.

I would not go so far as to say stupid.  There was a point to it after all.  But it was unnecessary to take it to such an extreme for story purposes IMHO.  I didn't used to binge-watch so much.  Back then I had more of a weekly realtime habit and happened to be watching the anime every week as it came out.  Let me tell you, well before the last episode  of that arc came out I was looking for the slightest hint that the next week was going to be different, for any small differences that could be leveraged to break out of the cycle.  Which was probably the point.  It was novel, meta, totally in context, and even fun in a way.  By the end of the arc the viewers are definitely in sync with the characters, deja-vu and all.  But I swear, if any anime ever tries that again I'm going to drop it for certain.  :D

• Funny 1