Odd speech/typing quirks

Cy~

I do not have very many quirks that I know of when in my speech, but one is that when I say DVD, people think I said something else, as I say it relatively quickly.

As for my writing, other than many typos you can overlook as a writer, or some other basic problems, I cannot really think of any. I just care about getting my point across, and that is what I can do in writing.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

I don't talk much but when I do I talk quiet fast, this is probably due to the fact that I have a lot going on inside my head and it would take quiet a while to explain it at a normal rate so I just opt to speak quickly ...

• Like 1

I don't have any weird quirks I can think of for my normal speech.

I like doing accents though, I can do them very good but almost everytime I do an accent I can do it for about a minute until I just turn it into either a Scottish or country bumpkin accent, idk why. lol.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 2

I

° will change into a random accent mid speech

° ill slip into a maladiptive daydream mid speech

° ill always continue a conversation even if its been an entire day

°ill randomly give intellectual and completly stupid facts

° i alwas talk to much

This isnt all of them.....need more time

• Like 1

°ill randomly give intellectual and completly stupid facts

I also do this since I have so many random facts in my mind, said facts are usually creepy or have something to do with a show/character/actor I really like.

@Cy~, we share a similar speech quirk! I can be incredibly annoying to be around because I tend to make random sounds.

As for other speech quirks:

-I deliberately say "fack" instead of fuck.

-if someone near me mixes up their words, I automatically say, "sounds like you're having trouth moubles and getting your mords wixed!" I've said this enough times in my life that I can't say "mouth troubles" or "words mixed" without great effort on my part.

-she was all like, and then I was like, so he goes....

-sometimes something will catch my attention mid-speech and that tends to result in whatever word I was saying to be really long and drawn out until I regain focus.

Typing quirks:

I'm actually not sure about this one. The main thing I notice is that I will use "eh?" a lot more while typing, but I don't actually say it that often. I think it developed years ago where I started doing it as a joke because I'm Canadian. Now it's just habit. But lately I've noticed I'm starting to do it a whole lot less.

• Like 3

speech quirks:

-i tend to switch the way that i talk depending on who im speaking to. this happens in text too, but theyre usually small things like saying 'im laughing' vs 'haha' and using less exclamations than normal. when im talking, i talk with a bigger vocabulary with people who also do it, and ill even mess up my words more often around someone who does the same.

- i kind off constantly overthink, so sometimes when im talking to someone ill say the word that i was thinking instead of what i was trying to say.

sometimes something will catch my attention mid-speech and that tends to result in whatever word I was saying to be really long and drawn out until I regain focus.

i do this a lot too, but instead of drawing out the word, ill say 'uuuuuuuuuum.....' until i completely forgot what i was saying.

typing quirks

- i almost never use capitalization unless im writing something really important or im using it to emphasize

- i use! exclamation points! way too much!!

- with closer friends, ill typo on purpose to show im excited? which is a weird thing to do, but for some reason we've all evolved to do that. we also talk in caps lock very often, but i never know when the appropriate time to use it is with anyone else because of it haha

• Like 3

Hmm... I speak faster than usual so most people cant really keep up with me lel.

As for typing, I type "lel"/" lol"/"hue" almost all the time. It's just something that I started doing all of a sudden. Lel

• Like 3

Mine can be about religion or my autism.....or about a video game secret or a random song

Or Saffue :P

As for my My typing quirk I ALWAYS puts an emoji in everything. Especially the laughing and at the same time crying emoji. I feel like the convo is empty without the emoji. Lol, xD and lels is also my typing quirk but then it actually just depends. Emoji is always a must with me though. :P

Specch quirksssssssss, I always say "Fudge?" :blush::crazy:

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

There are quite a few, I'd imagine. For now, here are a few I can think of.

Unless I've said something immediately before, I will not start a sentence with the word I. It's usually "Well, I" or "So, could I" or something like that.

I will sometimes stop talking mid-sentence because I suddenly decide I don't like the sentence and want to change it. It can be essentially the same thing I'm saying, but I just feel happier.

I'll sometimes speak differently in a way that adds a bit more energy to my voice, for the sake of appearing happy, but it is rather artificial and...metronomy? I'm not sure how to describe it, but it is something that I tend to do automatically.

• Like 1

Haha i also change wording half way through because i found something that gets my point across

Or Saffue :P

Well of course.....its mostly saffue :D she makes me happy

• Like 1
  • Winner 1

As for typing, I type "lel"/" lol"/"hue" almost all the time. It's just something that I started doing all of a sudden. Lel

I use "lel" at times as well, usually in a trolling kind of manner. "Kek" is also another abbreviation for "lol" I think...

I always have an annoyingly numerous amount of thoughts floating through my head, hence my writing may or may not resemble a stream of consciousness, especially when I write longer texts. Speaking of longer texts, I apparently like to leave letters, sometimes even whole words, out without me noticing it at first. Always embarrassing to reread an already sent text just to notice the dumb typos you made. I also tend to subconsciously add an "I guess" to the end of my sentences, I guess.

I don't know if quirks is the right word for it, but I do tend to react to things in real life with an "Okay. Cool." when perhaps that may not come off as a normal reaction to when I use it. I also tend to say film or films instead of movie or movies, so maybe that counts?

I used to type with an emote immediately after a sentence. Any emote really.

IDK if it counts as a typing quirk... But I say oh a lot.

Instead of I see, or uh huh. (I got that from my American friend offsite)

I use a lot of Australian slang in my typing or speech patterns.

Most of which came about in primary, high school.

Lastly... I often show little emotion or seem depressed when I post, but I am not as so in actuality.