What Did You Do In Gaming Today

EnviousEnvy

In Front Mission 1st on Switch I've been hitting the Arena a lot. Werewolf gives out a 1.58 reward for a bet, which I'm betting 300 in the first town you start the game with. I've got the rest of the Canyon Crow mercs (unless there's still more to be added to the party later) so I'm just trying to get their weapon/dodge proficiency levels up. Apparently they start out at level 9, even with zero experience. So, trying to get those levels to 10 or even 11 if I'm ready to be patient enough.

16 hours ago, EnviousEnvy said:

Exciting news is that I ordered my steamdeck last night.

I’ve been thinking about that for myself too.  The last portable that I had was/is a 3DS so it is well past time for an upgrade.  Let us know how you like it when you get it.

I haven’t checked.. is there a waiting list?  Just curious as electronic gadgets still sometimes have parts/supply problems production-wise.

Took a few buckets to the mangove swamp to collect some tadpoles and bring them back to my main base.  Someday I'll figure out how to make a froglight farm but for now I just want to build an enclosure for the frogs themselves back at base, kind of like I did for the turtles / turtle compound a while back.  I know where there's a magma cube spawner in the nether so I'll probably eventually build a portal nearby that leads to an overworld frog farm or something.  Not sure how frogs interact with the nether.  Seems like they wouldn't do so well being swamp creatures, but I haven't checked and they do eat magma cubes so maybe they'll be fine.

Spoiler

2023-07-07_20_19_37.thumb.png.9c14c47ef40e6698b0687600f3c7fbb8.png

That's all for later though.  For this session I'm just chillin' in mc while I just take the buckets to the swamp and then bring back the tadpoles.  I didn't bother to set up nether portals to shorten the journey so it was a fairly long trek through the overworld.  Took the opportunity to look for a cherry-blossom biome again but except for the frontier area most of the journey was through older chunks closer to where my base is so mostly it was just taking in the scenery along the way..

Spoiler

2023-07-07_21_40_37.thumb.png.7edbc7b1520a78e8baa01523dc1f9250.png

Edited by efaardvark

Trying to raise the Dodge rating on my wanzer pilots in Front Mission 1st on Switch. I've only done the first actual mission after the tutorial and met up with Natalie, Keith and J.J. All of the pilots are good in their own right, but I still need to prepare them for the next mission. Luckily the last mission payoff was $4000 approximately. I don't remember the exact number... lol

I've been really getting into the Five Nights At Freddy's franchise recently, so today I played some FNaF 2 on Switch. I can't even get past night 3, haha. The withered animatronics and Toy Chica keep getting me! Hopefully I'll get to night 4 soon enough.

I also played a bit of Sister Location/FNaf 5, which was definitely frustrating to say the least. I can't even get past night 2 💀💀 I always die in the breaker room with Funtime Freddy, and those of you who've played the game probably know how annoying this can be. I do NOT have the patience to go through the Ballora gallery again.

I also played a bit of Danganronpa V3 on Switch, which I haven't done in ages. I personally don't like the game too much and definitely prefer the first two games, but it's still fun and I'm sure I'll enjoy it more once I get further in. I'm still on the prologue so I can't wait for the class trials. The scrum debates definitely look interesting!

Edited by KaiyaSaysHaiya

I played several hours' worth of Front Mission 1st Remake on Switch. I've got the NDS version, too, but they really did a good job on the graphics in the remake. At last, a remake a I can play!! I've got FFVII Remake, but I'm afraid of what'll happen if I play it for too long on the PS4. Sounds like a turbine engine, and I don't have steady hands, so cleaning it is a bad idea for me. But I really enjoy Front Mission 1st Remake. Definitely fun. I've been building up Royd Clive's Melee, Short range, Long range, and Dodge ratings in the arena in Barinden, the first town to play the game in that you can return to after the rest of the Canyon Crows mercenaries and an old friend of Royd's. Interesting name, very unusual. Fun game though.

Finally found a cherry grove biome with trees!  It was right next to an ice spike biome so I loaded up on packed ice as well as grabbing a few cherry saplings from the grove.  The wood is very pink.

Spoiler

2023-07-13_23_59_25.thumb.png.1a61f62b67f4c1571eee234f1b1eb027.png2023-07-14_02_02_27.thumb.png.b4c6f59fb136b0c1fafb8a21844c6ecf.png

• Cool (Kakkoii) 1

My Time At Sandrock 

After getting my steamdeck I feel like I've been playing this nonstop and enjoying every minute of it. 

Made it to rank 2 and really trying my hardest to reach rank 1 but probably won't make it this year (still on year 1 and it's already autumn in the game).

• Like 1

Played a bunch more of Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 with open RCT2 today. Very fun game, once you figure out how to get your 20 janitors to actually clean the park. 

Got back into minecraft but unfortunately having to play the bedrock addition so I can play with some friends, god is it awful compare to Java, it's no lacking in content, just doesn't feel right but hell it runs alot better.

Anyway besides MC I've been planning on finally finish Hogwarts Legacy, unfortunely had to drop the game when I moved to Spain. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Metro said:

Got back into minecraft but unfortunately having to play the bedrock addition so I can play with some friends, god is it awful compare to Java, it's no lacking in content, just doesn't feel right but hell it runs alot better.

I've tried bedrock a couple times but I too did not like it.  It is designed for smaller, less powerful devices and that does have advantages but I really, really prefer java.  Java takes more resources but desktops have a lot more resources - and then some - and I like the bigger screen and better performance on my desktop system.  Playing MC on a phone to me is like trying to build a ship in a bottle.  :D

• Agree 1

I got FNaF: Ultimate Custom Night on Switch! So far I like the game, it's definitely interesting getting to choose which animatronics are active during the night. The many different game mechanics can get a bit confusing, but I honestly think a lot of people overlook this game. It's impressive how many different game mechanics are put into the one game yet it's still so much fun, not too confusing and still works incredibly well without breaking. Hopefully I'll be able to complete 50/20 mode at some point 😄

I've been grinding in the Arena in Barinden of the game Front Mission 1st Remake. Honestly I'm glad they redid the graphics, but a bit of nostalgia never hurt anyone. I'm glad I've got the older graphics on my NDS game. Ok, so, Clive has 500 experience in every area now. I'm realizing that the experience matters more than the number beside it, so I'll be working on the whole party's stats and try to get them all at 500 also. Might take a while, but the battles of the story will be a lot easier if I do this. I actually lost the first map battle the first time, so that's why I'm so dedicated to this. I hate losing. lol

Found a "trail ruins" site while exploring for a location for a new base.  Upon excavating it I found it was a lot more extensive than I was expecting.  There were only about half a dozen blocks visible above ground but it went down about 20 blocks, then branched out in several directions, one of which went horizontally for about 3x that.  

After digging it all out the final tally of loot was mainly large amounts of various colors of terracotta but also quite a few pottery shards and even some of the new armor trim templates.  I found so many "suspicious gravel" blocks at this one site that I went completely through the durability of one brush and had to craft another one.

The collected items even overflowed a double chest!  Everything in the pictured chest was embedded in the hillside, including the profession blocks, the glass panes, the candles, the dyes, and the fancy terracotta.  The most interesting stuff is here.  The rest is in another chest.  (Pretty much more of the same but mostly just additional bulk stuff like mud/stone bricks and gravel.) 

The 5 sherds I found were all new: "friend",  "heart", "danger", "howl", and "burn".  Added to the 4 that I already had that's 9 of the 20 different sherds so far.

I also got "shaper", "raiser", and "host" smithing templates.  Not sure how to use them yet, and I may cheat and look up the patterns online before I try to apply them to some armor.  Apparently it takes 7 diamonds, a solid block particular to the trim, and the template that you want to duplicate to make another one.  A template is consumed in adding the trim to a piece of armor so a full set of decorated armor can get pretty expensive, even if it is only iron armor.  I'd like to see how they look before making that sort of commitment.

I haven't played the disc yet.

2023-07-23_22_31_32b.png.a152765d32dd512957a8bf1558c84ea2.png

Edited by efaardvark

I finally completed night 4 of FNaF 2! I watched a guide on yt which made it SOO much easier. Night 5 is still really hard though, definitely having trouble with it.

I also played a bit of Bandori and finally completed an expert level for the first time! It was unnecessarily easy but I'm still proud nonetheless ^^ I don't remember what song it was though ☹

Edited by KaiyaSaysHaiya
  • Like 1

Now that new minecraft content won't be coming out for a while I decided to start a new base in a new chunk out on the frontier.  My original/main base is only about 2k blocks from spawn and is quite old.  It is still quite useful because it has several farms for generating resources and is part of a town with fully-leveled villagers so I'm not abandoning it but the scenery is kinda boring.  :D  This is on my brother's Realms server which we've been playing in for quite a while now.  It was generated in 1.7(?) so the nearby chunks aren't terribly exciting either.  The new site is in a fresh 1.20 chunk with some useful, modern biomes nearby.  It is in a river valley and looks pretty awesome with the shaders on too.  Liking the new(ish) terrain gen algos.

Spoiler

2023-07-28_18_34_38.thumb.png.ae1f3de13fa587902dfdc1cedb7ce864.png

I also did a bit of searching online for examples of what the new armor trims look like when applied.  Of the templates/trims that I have found so far I think I prefer "Raiser", but ultimately "Vex" is the one I'm probably going for on my main set of netherite armor.

Unfortunately netherite isn't the best-looking base to build on.  The patterns really pop on the gold or diamond armor base.  Gold armor might be a bit hard to maintain, even with "mending" and "unbreaking III", but I may build myself a set of diamond armor for looks and keep the netherite as the working set.  :)