What Did You Do In Gaming Today

EnviousEnvy

I've been playing Pumpsoul recently, a casual game with gameplay somewhat like Travel Frog, but instead of a frog, the main character is an anime girl. Because I'm so busy during the day, I rely on these non-intensive games to pass the time. I have a cute waifu in the game, and she goes out to take photos and chat with me. There's also a gacha system, but I'm really unlucky; I don't have a single SSR in my travel log!😭

• Sad 1

My SIL has been on a kick to collect and source all the dyes in minecraft so she can decorate her base with colored items like concrete, carpet, and terracotta.  We recently - finally! - completed that quest a couple weeks ago.

Anyway, she played a bit with colored concrete but the texture of concrete is apparently "too boring" for large-scale construction use so last week I helped her & her husband put together a "mud room", a two-deep pool for turning dirt into mud and a nearby drying rack using dripstone for converting the mud to clay.  I also showed her how to set up a lava farm to help fuel the clay -> terracotta firing process.  (And bricks.)  She's since been happily filling her base with all the colors of terracotta and glazed terracotta. :D

She also wanted a wool farm but they're not good with the redstone bits for an automatic shearing setup so this week I helped them with that project as well.  Of course she had to have one sheep for every color.  She says, "it's a sheepery, rhymes with brewery".   🤣

Spoiler

Outside

2023-11-04_17_37_27b.png.22d74c3d74cd49e9ee3ae630f071fe1f.png

Inside..

sheeparyb.thumb.png.953a22ee7d841d7cd58c619fe053b905.png

Aside: Sunflowers were a pain to find!  They can only be found in the extremely rare sunflower plains biome.  They produce yellow dye. which can also be obtained from dandelions.  However, obtaining dandelions involves bonemealing dirt in certain biomes and hoping you get one mixed in with the grass and other flowers.  Double-tall flowers like sunflowers - once obtained - can be replanted in any convenient nearby location and can be bonemealed to produce a copy of the original flower directly.  They're also more efficient in bonemeal use, reliably producing 2 flowers for every bit of bonemeal applied.  Bonemealing double-tall flowers is therefore the much more desirable method if you're into the dyeing thing.  Assuming you can find them!  The other two-tall flowers - roses, peonys, and lilacs - are pretty common in forest biomes but the biome where sunflowers grow is apparently quite rare.

Edited by efaardvark

I have been working through Dark Cloud lately. Today I made some more progress with the fourth city, Muska Lacka, and got some more weapon progression with a couple of characters.

The dungeon for the area has been fun so far with great farming opportunities for repair kits. But inventory space and resource management continue to be the biggest obstacles in the game.

I've started a new game in Final Fantasy VIII Remastered on my Switch. Right now I'm just reading the different sections of the Study Panel in front of Squall when you have control of him in the classroom. I'll get Quezacotl and Shiva, too, but I'm curious what all the different sections in the Study Panel say, so I'm just browsing right now. It's been a while since I started a new game in this, or even played it. I haven't finished it in a long time. A very long time. The last time I played it I used the in-game cheats to make it easier to progress through, but this time I think I'll avoid doing that. A truly enjoyable game is a challenging game.

• Winner 1

7 hours ago, Wild Emotion said:

I've started a new game in Final Fantasy VIII Remastered on my Switch. Right now I'm just reading the different sections of the Study Panel in front of Squall when you have control of him in the classroom. I'll get Quezacotl and Shiva, too, but I'm curious what all the different sections in the Study Panel say, so I'm just browsing right now. It's been a while since I started a new game in this, or even played it. I haven't finished it in a long time. A very long time. The last time I played it I used the in-game cheats to make it easier to progress through, but this time I think I'll avoid doing that. A truly enjoyable game is a challenging game.

Definitely a fun game! I only played through it one time years ago but I need to go back and do the sidequests and stat maxing one day. You will have to let us know which GFs and characters you main as you end up progressing.

• Friendly 1

Continued working through Dark Cloud in Muska Lacka today. The dungeon is starting to have annoying limited zones with weapon experience reduction and only the character Goro being usable. This has led to needing to redo a couple of floors but overall progress has been alright. Trying to get more weapon attachments is the focus now that I have managed to get some weapon repair kits.

On 10/29/2023 at 8:09 PM, efaardvark said:

I heard that the performance leaves something to be desired.  Did you notice anything?

I've never really played the first one because I didn't know about it until there were like 100 DLCs (lol). So it wasn't until the 2nd one when I really jumped. I honestly enjoy it and have had no issues (but I'm also playing it on PC so not sure how it runs on console).

DDLV

Finally decided to unlock Beauty & The Beast and built their giant ass of a castle after doing some tasks for them.

Coral Island

Grew as much crops as I could today and then sold everything to make way for when the game is fully released tomorrow.

My Time At Sandrock 

Built the sorting machine finally as well as a few other machines. Completed a few commissions and side quests as well as some upgrading. 

I am still making my way through Dark Cloud in Muska Lacka. My biggest obstacle continues to be the inventory system so I had to do some fishing to free up some space by using my bait. I am building up a nice supply of weapon attachments though which is nice. My weapon health has been improving a lot too with a lot of enemies appearing that have repair kits to steal. So now I am in the spot where I could probably clear two or three more dungeon floors with what I have now, but the game mechanics will slow my progress.

I got back to My GM Mode in WWE 2K23 as well. I am controlling two brands and the CPU is controlling two. As usual, the CPU is smoking me in fans but both my brands are ahead thanks to Hall of Fame trophies.

Another day with Dark Cloud and there was good progress. I finished a few dungeon floors in Muska Lacka, got the new spear character added to the team, and developed some weapons. At this rate, I will only need a couple of resource detours before finishing up this location.

I also played Samurai Warriors 4 and got Lady Hayakawa a little stronger while having some fun with Kotaro. Kotaro is Nightmare Mode ready while Hayakawa would still struggle in Hard Mode.

More Dark Cloud today. I have been seeing more weapon advancement and finally a healthy supply of weapon health items. A divide in character strength is happening that I need to watch, but Muska Lacka is in good shape to complete at this rate.

I have still been working through Dark Cloud this weekend. I am close to completing Muska Lacka and will be able to do so tomorrow as long as I do not get stuck on the boss. I received new weapons for Toan and Ruby as well so we are going to be doing good damage in the next area as well.

• Cool (Kakkoii) 1