Anime Forums Confessions

Jett Ryu

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Man, I used to be in such hard denial of it. But now I'm beginning to embrace it haha

for the record I wasn't having a go at you on this

but thought some at my expense may be amused

same tho.

I confess to being a large fan of Nongshim Shin Black cup noodle soup, and hating every moment of it --- instant ramen has no business tasting good.

Man, anytime anyone quotes or rates a post of mine in the confession thread, my immediate thought is, "oh my god what did I confess!?" Lmao

I haven't had that brand. But, I don't like any sort of instant noodles that's in a cup like that. I eat my instant noodles in a peculiar fashion, I don't eat it with broth. I only use the water to cook the noodles, then I drain them. Then I put in just a tiny bit of butter and maybe half the packet of flavoring. My preferred brand is Ichiban.

51dLcSGWk4L._SX355_.jpg.019064653820c6161037b7721f2db573.jpg

same tho.

I confess to being a large fan of Nongshim Shin Black cup noodle soup, and hating every moment of it --- instant ramen has no business tasting good.

Man, anytime anyone quotes or rates a post of mine in the confession thread, my immediate thought is, "oh my god what did I confess!?" Lmao

I haven't had that brand. But, I don't like any sort of instant noodles that's in a cup like that. I eat my instant noodles in a peculiar fashion, I don't eat it with broth. I only use the water to cook the noodles, then I drain them. Then I put in just a tiny bit of butter and maybe half the packet of flavoring. My preferred brand is Ichiban.

51dLcSGWk4L._SX355_.jpg.a1f9f6a1451ae9d255489c35fc9588ea.jpg

• Like 1

[ATTACH=full]30916[/ATTACH]

Oh gosh... :D

If nothing else, I'd imagine that your way of doing things is far healthier than the alternative... the salt content in those things is incredible.

Speaking specifically about noodles, I've heard that, if you can find them at any Asian grocery stores near you, Sun Noodle has ramen kits with noodles that come pretty close to being restaurant quality --- which makes sense, since the company's main source of income is producing ramen noodles for Japanese restaurants.

... I think I read Serious Eats far too much, but dangit. I learn so much. @_@

• Useful 1

Hmm missed this , I my self don't mind and use the nongshim shin ramyun a bit

upload_2017-3-11_15-19-12.thumb.png.c1c6b9f31345d8dfcea6ac8c69f3fcea.png

well suppose seeing ive been posting in here I should add a confession on something

well I grow a beard ! the confession is I don't usually shave due to I have a reaction to disposable razors and have to use a cutthroat razor , and I can but doing this daily can get hard esp when some days I'm doing huge hrs then to take time with such a razor at my throat , well I think you see , but it does get shaved when needed

• Like 1

I haven't posted in this thread yet I don't believe. What to confess, what to confess. Oh, I know something. One of my friends told me to watch this anime last week but purposely gave me the name of another anime that's very close to the one they suggested. He told me to start with the first OVA because it would set the tone for the show and it doesn't spoil any plot. I thought that was weird, but the guy has suggested some anime in the past like that and I believed it. Turns out this anime with the similar name is basically a hentai without the sex. About 15 minutes in, I noticed something was off, and then right afterwards, a scene came up where a female character was trying to get a guy to grab at her with noodles running down her chest and stomach to right between her legs. I was completely thrown off, and kind of pissed as well, because I don't watch anime like that, and they showed nearly every part of this girl as well. It was rather embarrassing.

• 2 weeks later...

I have so many things lol

Confession: I hate Pocky, also a lot of sweet Mochi. I love Japan but some the sweets, especially anything with red bean paste, is just the worse! That being said, I hate sweets in general too! But Japanese ones probably are the ones I dislike the most

• Funny 1

I have so many things lol

Confession: I hate Pocky, also a lot of sweet Mochi. I love Japan but some the sweets, especially anything with red bean paste, is just the worse! That being said, I hate sweets in general too! But Japanese ones probably are the ones I dislike the most

I don't tend to think that pocky is that great, but I absolutely adore red bean paste. I used to live right next to a Japanese grocery store, during which time there was almost always at least one red bean something in my kitchen.

I'm not really a huge sweets person myself either, but I think I tend to like Japanese stuff a bit more than American, based on what I've sampled.

• 1 month later...
Haha, ok, I'll play.

I'm in a class that I'm very under-qualified for. :?

I'm currently in a Microbiology class filled with students who are about to start working as EMTs, nurses, etc... Because most of the students are already working in healthcare, the teacher uses a lot of terms that most of us understand.

After class introductions, I realized that I am the only one not coming from a science background or working in healthcare. Everyone has taken Chemistry, Biology, Anatomy+Physiology, etc.... and assumes everyone else has.

Not me! I hadn't taken a single science class since high school until this winter, when I took Oceanography. This is my first health science class since ... errr.. almost 10 years ago. Maybe 8, to be honest. I am terrified. To catch up to the students, I study every single thing we've learned every night and I have scored A's on everything so far. I have to put in a lot more work than I should, though. On the first day, I didn't even know what I a microbe is (an organism that can't be seen without magnification), and the class is literally called MICROBiology. D'oh.

It's ok, I'm doing well now, though. Everyone has to start somewhere.

Update - I've done great in the class :) unsure if I'm going to make a B or an A because I don't have my final exam grades back yet. All the daily studying paid off!

• Like 1

Confession: I've never been happier than the times when I was full on nerd: anime, dnd, working hard at school, etc. But now I lack the drive to actually do anything, and care too much about what people think.