what was your First Anime Forum Site?

Claire

My first anime forum was Anime Fushigi's forum. That place was actually alot like this place now. It wasn't a huge community, but it wasn't just starting. That's one of the reasons why I decided to join this forum. That and this forum has the sickest design and ease of use, as well as customizability for the user.

• 4 weeks later...

My first forum is KissManga & KissAnime Community. Joined it this year on Sep 9. So this is the second forum I joined in. I'm usually a shy person but, not really. I realized that after joining my first forum. :crazy:

Well technically my first anime forum was bulbagarden back in 99-2000. I have been on a bunch since then. Finding a nice anime community where I feel like I fit in has been a 15 year search. :D

Edited by Guest

Well technically my first anime forum was bulbagarden back in 99-2000. I have been on a bunch since then. Finding a nice anime community where I feel like I fit in has been a 15 year search. :D

I'm a mod on Bulba...but I kinda suck at modding due to how inactive I am there. I've been a member since 2003 I think. Was invited by Archaic after Upnetwork closed.

NISA Forums qualify, right? Because I don't recall joining a site that focused specifically on anime before that.

Of course, as a whole, I jumped on this whole forum thing rather late. I've yet to reach any that my relatives go on.

If you wanna know my first exposure to anything of the sort, my older sister used to be a regular on Gaia Online. 'Course, according to her, it went to crap some time ago, and now she rarely goes there, if ever. To protect her identity, though, you don't get to know her username.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I was a member of an email based discussion list pertaining to a particular anime back around 1997 or 1998, and later ran a general anime discussion list myself until about 2002. Despite being email lists, they were in many ways functionally identical to a basic forum - to create a thread, you simply emailed the list bot with the title and content of your choosing, which would then be sent to everyone on the list, and to reply you simply replied to one of the incoming emails. It allowed for the same style of conversations (apart from forum game stuff - those tend to be a bit too rapid fire for email) and community building that traditional forums do, albeit in a slightly less streamlined form.

I joined my first anime related forum-forum around 2003, which was focused around Type-Moon media and was the largest (and, well, only) English language community for it at the time. I mostly lurked though, and ended up parting ways after catastrophic events led to a change in ownership and in my opinion (and the opinions of the members I was closest to) a dramatic decrease in community quality. After that I bounced between a couple forums that popped up and died down as the years came and then.

After a few of those, I eventually drifted away from anime communities to other fandoms. A few years later, though, I fled in terror back to anime after having witnessed some impressive shit elsewhere, only to realize that most anime communities weren't much better than where I'd been, leading me to search up and down for a place largely lacking in things that drive me mad.

Congratulations, AF. You are literally the only forum I was able to find after a great deal of poking around that I had any desire to actually be on.

... I like making unnecessarily detailed posts in response to very simple questions.

• Like 2
  • Friendly 1
  • Funny 1

• 2 weeks later...

Guysssss, need help! So basically my friend is working on a project, which is creating an anime forum, and can u guys please visit the forum, she really needs more posts!!Thx!!

<removed>

Edited by Guest

Guysssss, need help! So basically my friend is working on a project, which is creating an anime forum, and can u guys please visit the forum, she really needs more posts!!Thx!!

A certain measure of luck is needed in getting a community off the ground. In addition to luck, things like custom themes and quality forum software also help catch people's eyes. Another thing that helps is not having an invalid security certificate - if your friend is serious about trying to build a community, that is something that she should probably address immediately.

Beyond that, it is often considered poor form to go onto one forum to advertise for another forum without first asking permission from the owner of the forum that you wish to advertise on. Just something to keep in mind for the future.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

http://forum.kissanime.com/index.php

i joined it a year ago, but it just died. it used to be pretty interesting, and fun, and generally awesome. even the people were awesome. it was almost exactly like this forum, it's setup exactly like this, except this one is shiny and sleek. But for whatever reason, the mods decided to get rid of the forums games and basicly anything that wasnt anime/manga related. like all you could do was talk about anime, and idk, i just felt disconnected, because you couldnt really get to know the new users anymore. the sense of community was gone. but i like this one allot because its like the that forum when it was entertaining.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1