Jump to content

Beocat

AF Member
  • Posts

    1,162
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    33

Everything posted by Beocat

  1. @Sasazaki Chan Outer Space Vodka. Filtered through meteorites, I think. I saw the bottle and being the Space fan that I am, had to have it. It is definitely a conversation started, even if it tastes...bad (to me anyways).
  2. I prefer shots and shooters myself. Tend to make my own (I have practically the breadth of a liquor store in my home). I do have a bottle of Japanese whiskey on the counter. It is...of similar taste to my meteorite vodka lol..... reserved for when I get a good buzz from my shots and I mind the acetone taste less lol..... I don't drink much at all anymore. A glass here and there, every three or four months maybe. I used to be so stressed from work it would take well over 18 shots just to make me feel buzzed. Now half a shot will do it lol. Better for my liver this way I'm sure. I hope you are drinking to celebrate and not to forget something....
  3. I use it primarily for stewed tomatoes (and I pull out a jar whenever I want to make spaghetti or for pot roasts or vegetable soup), but my mom cans string beans and more and her mother canned nearly everything. It is a dieing art these days. But I tell you, my jars will taste just as fresh a year from now as it does today. I got 15.75 quart jars out of this batch today. The partial is in the fridge. I might make spaghetti for lunch tomorrow with it. Lots of people I know can salsa but I never developed a good enough salsa recipe to want to have it on hand like that. You should be able to use it for lots of things but if you can't find the jars and lids...you might be out of luck. I'm glad you learned about it today. Most people in my country don't know about it either sadly enough. Too busy to cook I suppose. She has her meals planned out for the next few days. Like me, they are mostly staying home (to avoid the traffic jams caused by the first day of tourist season). I might just drop by and visit tomorrow. Not what I planned on, but it is what it is.
  4. So I have spent my first day of the holiday weekend first upsetting my mom (because I couldn't drop everything to go hang out with her - I guess my dad went fishing without her again this year), then canning all afternoon. It's 630pm (started at 130pm) and I haven't even had lunch all day. Had to clean the kitchen, get the jars ready for the dishwasher, then I've been peeling 50 something pounds of tomatoes ever since (just finished, now they are on the stove on low heat). You would've thought I would have learned my lesson the last 6 years in a row (usually I do around 120-150lbs in a day and always say at the end of it 30 lbs is enough for one days work). I just couldn't stop myself from grabbing that deal! >_> Believe me if I knew she would want to hang out (she gave no inclination all week long), I would have restrained myself at the Farmers Market yesterday. I need to think of a way to make things up for my mom. >_> Any thoughts guys? And anyone else planning on doing some canning this summer? I usually do tomatoes and fig preserves. I probably won't finish until 9 or so tonight. Guess I should be happy I didn't get 120 lbs again lol...
  5. Sure, I can relate to the aspects of many characters. Shirayuki's (Snow White with the Red Hair) straightforwardness and integrity, Shiro's (Log Horizon) playstyle, analytical thinking, and evilness (yep, neutral evil here according to D&D personality tests), Keichi's (Ah! My Goddess) kindness, just to name a few. I doubt that I'd enjoy the anime as much if I couldn't relate to the characters on some level.
  6. Beocat

    Nee nee

    Welcome Bera! Me too I actually have a section of what is like to call paranormal anime hehe. Some are great and some....are not. Which is your favorite? I've probably heard of it. And what got you into that genre, if it isn't too personal of a question? If it is you can just ignore that I asked...
  7. In my neck of the woods, we call that a little wind and rain. But snow....better shut down the town folks. Snow days are great!
  8. That is partly why I try to welcome new members. I was part of a forum once that was very closed. First, after joining, you were only allowed to respond to posts in the general section or intro section (filled with locked outdated threads because the longtime members never posted there), had to introduce yourself and get an arbitrary number of likes to your post, had to make so many posts in your limited section, were not allowed to start new threads, if you posted or made new threads or outside of you pen they were immediately deleted by a mod... then after you fulfilled the ungodly like, post, sponsorship count (I forgot, someone on the main forums had to think you had something to contribute before you could graduate out of probation) you had free reign of some of the forum. It was a very elitest environment and not friendly at all to new members. I didn't like the vibe and decided that I didn't want any part of that. Welcoming new members is a positive sign of forum health and openmindedness. It is only ever a good thing.
  9. We were going to a con today but the panel I really want to see is tomorrow night (we were going to only go one day this year because he has to work). I wanted to stay home anyways this year. He wants to go to comic con so our budget will shrink if we go to this one. I'm taking the hit for the team hoping I can get the contact info for the panel creators anyways. I'm sure they are the same ones from a few years ago and I regret not getting their info the first time. Other than that I bought enough steaks and hamburgers so we can hide at home for the weekend. We live in a tourist area and Memorial Day weekend is the true first major influx of tourists. Everything everywhere will be crowded. Best to stay home and wait it out >_> I offered to help take care of two sweet little kittens this weekend too so I'm sure my next 3 days will be full of furry awwing.
  10. Well, first thing that popped into my mind was Sailor Moon (tuxedo mask and moonlight knight misremembered maybe). Did a quick search and Tamako Market popped up. Anything ring a bell?
  11. I've had a few online friends and usually it starts by direct messaging on topics we both are interested in. Doesn't always work out. Takes interest on both sides. Once you start a friendship, please remember that friendship is never convenient. One person was creepy...stalking a mutual online friend and obsessing over her. Had to unfriend him when she went silent and he started trying to reach her through me. He had boundary issues and was really socially confused. Another was a good friend and we got along great but life pulled us away from each other. I wonder how he's doing sometimes. He was one of the few people that I would ask for advice from. Another...well, something absolutely tragic happened to his family and they did not recover. I think he died, alone. We tried to save him, but he chose his path. He wanted to be as close to his wife as he could be and it killed him. He lost everything trying to save her and his life waiting for her after that. Truly sad. Our ineffective attempts to save him is probably what pulled me and the friend above this one apart. Another was a good friend, would exchange Christmas gifts, and chat on the phone, but once she started cheating on her husband, she got real paranoid and cut me off (not my place to tell her husband so not sure why she did). I have a few here but none where I've shared my name and traceable information. I guess just try to be yourself and hope your cards fall in a good place.
  12. Beocat

    Otome Games

    Well, the ones that I have are Enchanted in the Moonlight and Her Love in the Force. Both are mobile games and you pay per storyline (for instance, you want to do Chikage's story you pay for his story, then if you want to continue you pay for the sequel, then so on). It can get very expensive, especially if you want to do them all, buy additional short stories and all, but I really enjoyed them and once you buy them they are yours to keep and replay whenever (you can transfer them from device to device too with a code, hence the reason mine ended up on my tablet where I know I will never delete it out of a need for more GB space for updates). My favorite is definitely Enchanted in the Moonlight. I wish I had more games like this, but for a long time I just didn't have time but that will not stop me in the future. There was another one, but it's name escapes me right now. There is a PS4 game I want to get Code: Realize ~Bouquet of Rainbows~ but I didn't grab it when I should have and now I'm going to have to order it online if I want a physical copy. Through Otome Games, I have realized that I have a "type" that I look for....hahaha.....never thought I had one before but now in reflection, I realized that most of my favorite characters in anime fit that type.... Oh my. Anyways, if you decide to do Enchanted in the Moonlight, I implore you to not do Kiryu? (the dragon guy) as your first playthrough as it is really out there and might make you turn and run LOL.
  13. Beocat

    Otome Games

    Haha, when I posted a similar topic months ago no one knew what an otome game was... I like our new forum members
  14. Beocat

    Otome Games

    I play a few on my tablet.
  15. Only if I could bring my furrbabies with me... It would Log Horizon for sure. I can imagine being an enchanter or swashbuckling and I'd probably subclass into apothecary (or if I'm leaving my life because of the state of pharmacy), gemsmith, or brewer.
  16. Beocat

    Procrastinator

    Preach it sibling of unknown gender! You know, I used to be 128lbs but my high stress job put the pounds on (even keeping to a low calorie diet and exercise, the cortisol my body was producing from juggling my job like I was screwed me up royally). My best friend is now losing weight...down like 40 lbs in just a few months. I'm so proud of her but how I wish I could do that again. I found the first time I lost weight (and kept it off successfully), I checked my weight every single morning, immediately after waking up and using the bathroom (basically your driest weight of the day). I would watch it go down by the tenths of pounds (sometimes more) and that fueled my determination to keep going, and when I hit my first plateau it drove me to run harder, and take up tennis again to restart my weightloss. I guess keep trying to find a better system that works for you. Maybe you need to be doing multiple things to inspire and drive you forward. Keep experimenting until you find the right combination. I'm rooting for you!
  17. Good morning Nukem...probably afternoon by now
  18. I like a little bit of everything but Fantasy is a very broad genre. I'm sure I have plenty I enjoy, albeit none comes immediately to mind.... I like a lot of supernatural themed titles but that's not really magic focused >_>
  19. I was playing some Loading Human Chapter One (talking about VR made me miss it) though I quit after an hour or so. Too hot...so hot I considered maybe it felt like summer. Come to find out, someone turned off the AC in the past 24 hours and that is why I was dieing in the heat upstairs. I might put it back on in a bit but I'm drinking lots of water now to make up for what I sweated out earlier. It's already feeling oh so much cooler up here now.
  20. Beocat

    PSN Names!

    I think that the PS4 is better due to the exclusives. I think you should consider a VR next year. Lots of fun and completely different from what you are used to. I pull mine out every now and then (not during the summer months. Too hot up here to wear headgear then) and I enjoy it greatly. It' also fun to watch a friend use one for the first time (like the first time a person experiences snow).
  21. Anything goes, eh? Gonna play devils advocate here and point out that you might get some lemons that way. Not sure what Optics take would be on that for a public forum contest. Guess when the sun rises down under we'll find out... The best anime panel I went to was on fanfiction. The room was standing room only and although it was against the cons rules, it quickly rolled down the path of lemons and weird stuff that I never knew existed in fanfiction lol...if they ever do another, I'm sure it would be at night with the age armbands required lol
  22. You know, the only real difference between the two seasons with the studios seemed to be the art style. It was slightly less refined in season 2 and the Chief was toned down dramatically (visually and personality wise). I chocked up most of the Chief's changes to be due to that in game phenomenon that was affecting players who had mismatches in gender etc real world vs avatar. So, while I preferred the original art style, I don't think season two was all that bad.
  23. Hey pierre, I'm always happy to have more anime loving friends myself. Drop me a line if you ever want to chat
×
×
  • Create New...