Jump to content

Ohayotaku

AF Member
  • Posts

    4,735
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    336

Everything posted by Ohayotaku

  1. Welcome Hope you find things things to interest you here.
  2. Welcome Hope you find things to interest you here.
  3. I’ve always been more into anime than manga, but the manga series I really got into was Battle Angel Alita
  4. You mentioned The Dangers in My Heart & romcoms as your favorites so I’ll recommend Insomniacs After School & Kubo Won’t Let Me Be Invisible. Some recent anime I don’t think get enough love: Migi & Dali - yeah the humor is pretty cringe, but actually an interesting psychological murder mystery. Raven of the Inner Palace - a lot of similarities to The Apothecary Diaries, but with supernatural elements.
  5. Welcome Hope you find things to interest you here. Currently wrapping up Call of the Night season 2 & some other summer shows before moving on to fall seasonals
  6. When someone asks if I plan to spend the entire weekend bed rotting
  7. At the moment focusing on closing out the Summer season of shows. Just finished Anne Shirley. Need to finish 2nd seasons of Hanako-kun & Call of the Night. Also planning to watch Rascal Does Not Dream of Santa Claus, Clevatess & Lord of Mysteries.
  8. https://myanimelist.net/anime/61274/Ginga_Tokkyuu_Milky☆Subway https://myanimelist.net/anime/4087/Michiko_to_Hatchin (not sure if they show it being taken, but they do show Michiko’s mugshot)
  9. Welcome Hope you find things to interest you here. As for recommendations Action + Humor: Rune Soldier, Grenadier ( also kinda fanservicey), Welcome to Demon School, Iruma-kun, Spy x Family Romcom: Recovery of an MMO Junkie (Net-juu no Susume), Tomo-chan is a Girl
  10. Welcome Hope you find things to interest you here.
  11. Went to the theatrical re-releases of the first 2 Tobey Maguire Spiderman movies Friday & Saturday. Not sure if I ‘ll bother with the 3rd today or not.
  12. @efaardvark sounds like they’re going for the AOT effect there’s a house I drive by once a week that has a fence around it & one of those in the yard year-round. And another that’s had four of those giant decorations (headless horseman, scarecrow, ent & skeleton) up since September started. I plan to put up my Halloween decorations next weekend, but nothing on that level. Already updated my profile pages here & on MAL (might tweak that one more). Anime wise still need to finish latest season’s of Hanako-kun & Call of tge Night & planning to watch the OG Vampire Hunter D closer to time. Movie wise, a couple spooky faves (Trick ‘R Treat & Paranorman) are getting theatrical re-releases, considering going to one or both. And the Chainsaw Man movie comes out late October as well.
  13. Frieren season 2 coming in January https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2025-09-26/frieren-beyond-journey-end-anime-2nd-season-debuts-on-january-16/.229324
  14. Haven’t watched 2023’s Mutant Mayhem yet. Netflix is supposed to add it on 10/17, so planning to check it out.
  15. Definitely enjoyed White Snake (Bai She: Yuan Qi) & first season of Herbivorous Dragon (Shi Cao Lao Long Bei Guan Yi E Long Zhi Ming). I also watched a series called Frankenstein Family (Shiyan Pin Jiating), but don’t remember much about it. I believe To Be Hero X is Chinese. I enjoyed what I've seen, but need to finish it. I’ve also heard good things about Lord of Mysteries (Guimi Zhi Zhu: Xiaochou Pian). Gonna try to find time to check it out before wrapping up the Summer 2025 season of anime.
  16. We’re not even done with September & I already got a Christmas toys ad from Walmart in the mail today 😅 Fortunately my nephews are both old enough that they just ask for cash 🤑

    1. animechat

      animechat

      It was a bit too fast for Christmas.

  17. Started reading a short manga series called Nina wa Papa wo Ansatsu Shitai (Nina Is Plotting Daddy's Death) to earn an interest stack badge on MAL. Kind of a Spy x Family vibe with an assassin little girl & government agent “dad”.
  18. https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2025-09-23/jojo-bizarre-adventure-part-7-steel-ball-run-anime-unveils-teaser-cast-2026-debut/.229128 Stone Ocean didn’t make much of an impression on me, but I’ll at least check this one out.
  19. Went through a Cornfield Maze with family Happy belated birthday, hope you enjoyed your day apologies for just now noticing the post
×
×
  • Create New...