What's the weather like where you are?

VampireKnight19

9 hours ago, Sakura said:

Yesterday the wind was so bad it was knocking windows out of our school building,

Many years ago we had a bad storm that ripped part of the roof off our rather old, and a bit grotty, conservatory. My father was all for just repairing the roof, but my mother and I convinced him to just knock the whole thing down and replace it with a nice new one.

• Wow 1

13 hours ago, Animedragon said:

Many years ago we had a bad storm that ripped part of the roof off our rather old, and a bit grotty, conservatory. My father was all for just repairing the roof, but my mother and I convinced him to just knock the whole thing down and replace it with a nice new one.

Sounds like it was better it was replaced if it was pretty old lol wouldn't want that falling down on someone ~

43 minutes ago, Sakura said:

Sounds like it was better it was replaced if it was pretty old lol wouldn't want that falling down on someone ~

I don't think it would have fallen down on anyone, but it wasn't really fit for any sort of use.

22 minutes ago, Animedragon said:

I don't think it would have fallen down on anyone, but it wasn't really fit for any sort of use.

That's good, I'm always kinda worried about stuff like that because I had a leaky roof almost fall on me once lol Well not the entire roof, but a bunch of panels fell down where I had just been standing.

Edited by Sakura

10 hours ago, Sakura said:

That's good, I'm always kinda worried about stuff like that because I had a leaky roof almost fall on me once lol Well not the entire roof, but a bunch of panels fell down where I had just been standing.

Oh, nasty. Glad they missed you.

^ Me too! Lol.

@Topic ~ The wind chill is supposed to be -30F/-34C today, there is snow flurries and still snow all over the ground, even for me it's a little too cold to go outside.

Still have a wind chill warning, and it's -3F. The wind chill today is supposed to be -24F at its worst.

First measurable snow of the season. Just a couple inches, but still a nuisance. Single digits over the weekend, but warming up next week.

Colder than any winter I'm used to in a country where it's hot almost all of the time (I mean 35-41 degrees Celsius being commonplace). Not that we have snow either, since it's dead center in the Tropic of Cancer. It's around 11 degrees Celsius where I'm at, which I'm aware most of you wouldn't consider even remotely cold. That being said, things getting colder is still new to me, and it'll never suck as much as the summer heat does. No matter how long you've lived in one of the hottest countries in the world, heat aint something you get used to.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TobiGotGrenades said:

No matter how long you've lived in one of the hottest countries in the world, heat aint something you get used to.

Cold isn't something you get used to either, here in the UK it's always cold in January and February so having lived here all my life you'd think I was used to it, but I'm not! It's been between -3 and  6 degrees Celsius for the past couple of weeks. This morning it's 13 Celsius a rise in temperature that is most welcome, but still a too bit cold for my liking.

• Like 1

My brother says it is 17 degrees in Wisconsin.  It got down to -5 overnight.  🥶  (That's in F.  -8 and -21, respectively, in C.)

• 2 weeks later...

Local stations are reporting that the current storm made today the wettest day in 20 years for downtown Los Angeles.  The record to beat is 5.5 inches in 2004.  The current stalled front has dropped 4.1 inches (10.4cm) on us in the last 24 hours and it’s still coming down.  

• Wow 1

It's rainyyyy, it's suppose to storm tonight I've been seeing some lightning. Kinda hope so because I like to play games and listen to the rain. 

• Like 1