What anime are you watching now?

Optic

I've now finished watching Insomniacs After School. This is a wonderful series with beautiful artwork and animation, an excellent storyline and a great cast of characters. I really enjoyed watching it. This is definitely going on my list as one of the best series of 2023.

I hope it gets a second season.

Watching I've Been Killing Slimes for 300

But I cannot stand bad graphics anymore. Haha what happened to the kid that i was, watching 80s and 90s cartoons?

Will try to continue

4 hours ago, MediaConsumesMe said:

91 Days was great, can't believe I slept on that show so long. 

Whats the genre?

20 hours ago, Bulleje76 said:

Whats the genre?

Its a drama/action series set in prohibition america, and follows a man seeking revenge against the mob. Its only 12 parts so a nice easy watch. It is an anime original series, so it very well paced and told. Animation is a little spotty at times, but its really cool none the less. 

• Like 1

I haven't been on here since April shit that's a lot of anime since then...

Completed Highschool DXD

Highschool Dxd GIFs | Tenor

Watched this in about three days, was actually looking for Classroom of the Elite, don't really know how I ended up watching DXD but it was not as brain dead as I though and their were some cool fights and erm other interesting parts to the show.

Completed SpyXFamily 

Spy X Family Spy Family GIF - Spy X Family Spy Family Yor Forger - Discover  & Share GIFs

Binged this show in one day, so chill and a great vibe.

Completed the Tien Shinhan Tournament Arch of Dragon Ball 

Pin on Dragón Ball

This was awesome, loved the development of Tien Shinhan and the fight get better? How this is already awesome. 

Watched the Fate Strange Fake Prologue

usersenka — FATE/STRANGE FAKE -WHISPERS OF DAWN- (2023) •...

This was super cool can't wait for the rest of the season to drop

Completed Gun Smith Cats

Gunsmith Cats Rally Vincent GIF - Gunsmith Cats Rally Vincent May Hopkins -  Discover & Share GIFs

This was amazing, reminded me a lot of Riding Bean, which is also great by the way, defiantly check this one out.

Rewatched the first two archs of Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood 

Roy-mustang-fullmetal-alchemist-brotherhood GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Got though the first two archs currently watching Pycho Pass but need to get back on to this one.

Rewatching Fate Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works

Fate/Stay Night Gif - Gif Abyss

We were watching this one but paused half way though the season at the mid point, need to continue with the show

Rewatching Pycho-Pass

Psycho pass GIF on GIFER - by Gall

Love the series and enjoying the rewatch so far 

Completed Flag 

Flag (TV Series 2006– ) - IMDb

This was a really deep and though provoking show need to watch more Ryosuke Takahashi works 

Watched Mobile Suit Gundam Cucuruz Doans Island

On this blog we love and appreciate the GM on Tumblr

This was amazing. Blew my breath away, wish we could get some more OG gundam like this.

Probably gonna continue with DB and finish that off soon.

Then I might hit Attack of Titan Season 3 or another show thats been waiting in the wings for two long. And Galaxy Express need to still finish that one, once DB is done I can power though that and maybe AOT S3 as a dub show alongside.

I rewatched some other shows two and some films but I can't for the life of me remember that far back.

• Cool (Kakkoii) 1

I've finished watching The Dangers In My Heart. It's not a bad series, but I don't think it was a particularly good one either. There's far too much introspective monologue by the main male character, who has as much personality as a cold rice pudding, I really don't see what the main female character saw in him, other than the fact that he saw her as a person not an object. On the positive side the series was just good enough to keep me watching for all 12 episodes, although I did come close to abandoning it a couple of times.

Right now I'm re-watching Yu-Gi-Oh. I just finished rewatching Yu-Gi-Oh GX. Both I watched when I was a kid and I'm just reliving the nostalgia. I'm also watching DBZ Super too.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sakura said:

Right now I'm re-watching Yu-Gi-Oh. I just finished rewatching Yu-Gi-Oh GX. Both I watched when I was a kid and I'm just reliving the nostalgia. I'm also watching DBZ Super too.

Do you also have Yu-Gi-Oh! The Dark Side of Dimensions?

Edited by Wild Emotion

17 hours ago, Wild Emotion said:

Do you also have Yu-Gi-Oh! The Dark Side of Dimensions?

I've watched it before but it's been a long time. It was on my list to rewatch it and the Pyramid of Light one after I finished watching Battle City again ^^

• Cool (Kakkoii) 1

1 hour ago, Sakura said:

I've watched it before but it's been a long time. It was on my list to rewatch it and the Pyramid of Light one after I finished watching Battle City again ^^

Nice! You're way further ahead of me in the series of re-watching it. I'm still on the episode where that little snot Weevil throws Yugi's deck over the boat's edge into the water on the way to Duelist Kingdom. He's always been a jerk. With such an annoying voice. lol

39 minutes ago, Wild Emotion said:

Nice! You're way further ahead of me in the series of re-watching it. I'm still on the episode where that little snot Weevil throws Yugi's deck over the boat's edge into the water on the way to Duelist Kingdom. He's always been a jerk. With such an annoying voice. lol

I have been pretty slow re-watching it, sometimes it takes me a couple days before I watch another episode because I get so busy ;-; I can't standddddddd Weevil's voice either lol How long ago did you watch it the first time?

1 hour ago, Sakura said:

I have been pretty slow re-watching it, sometimes it takes me a couple days before I watch another episode because I get so busy ;-; I can't standddddddd Weevil's voice either lol How long ago did you watch it the first time?

I can't be sure how old I was, but I know I was a really young kid when I first saw the series back when Kids' WB was still on channel 2. Eventually I bought all 5 seasons after tracking them down. lol Then my folks got me Dark Side of Dimensions for one of these recent Christmases. So, I guess I've pretty much got nearly all that I can of it on DVD and blu-ray. It's one of my all-time favorite shows, even today. Funny thing was, I really thought the ancient Egyptians came up with the game, which really astounded me. Of course, being 35, I know that it has nothing to do with the show, but it's still an interesting backstory for the series. I mean I believed it up until my late 20's, along with the Heart of the Cards. Then again, I'm remarkably gullible. So, maybe that had something to do with it. lol Still one of the coolest concepts I've ever seen in anime though.

How about you? When did you first watch the series?

Edited by Wild Emotion

23 minutes ago, Wild Emotion said:

I can't be sure how old I was, but I know I was a really young kid when I first saw the series back when Kids' WB was still on channel 2. Eventually I bought all 5 seasons after tracking them down. lol Then my folks got me Dark Side of Dimensions for one of these recent Christmases. So, I guess I've pretty much got nearly all that I can of it on DVD and blu-ray. It's one of my all-time favorite shows, even today. Funny thing was, I really thought the ancient Egyptians came up with the game, which really astounded me. Of course, being 35, I know that it has nothing to do with the show, but it's still an interesting backstory for the series. I mean I believed it up until my late 20's, along with the Heart of the Cards. Then again, I'm remarkably gullible. So, maybe that had something to do with it. lol Still one of the coolest concepts I've ever seen in anime though.

How about you? When did you first watch the series?

I was pretty young too, I remember playing it with my friends, we would run around the street with those duel disk toys you could buy at Wal-Mart and the tins you used to be able to buy that had Seto or Yugi's cards in them xD I remember always rushing home though to watch Yu-Gi-Oh on WB ~ miss those times lol

I just recently bought like 5 of the Battle City DVD's but not to watch really I just wanted to start collecting Yu-Gi-Oh stuff, Yu-Gi-Oh is on Hulu and that's where I've been watching it at. I bought several Yugi plushies, some acrylic stands and some Funko Pops too ;D

Watch Yu-Gi-Oh though really made me interested in Egypt when I was little and I kinda wanted to grow up to be an Egyptologist it had such an effect on my life. And I STILL believe in the heart of the cards XD I don't care if it's real or not lollll 

• Friendly 1

1 hour ago, Sakura said:

I was pretty young too, I remember playing it with my friends, we would run around the street with those duel disk toys you could buy at Wal-Mart and the tins you used to be able to buy that had Seto or Yugi's cards in them xD I remember always rushing home though to watch Yu-Gi-Oh on WB ~ miss those times lol

I just recently bought like 5 of the Battle City DVD's but not to watch really I just wanted to start collecting Yu-Gi-Oh stuff, Yu-Gi-Oh is on Hulu and that's where I've been watching it at. I bought several Yugi plushies, some acrylic stands and some Funko Pops too ;D

Watch Yu-Gi-Oh though really made me interested in Egypt when I was little and I kinda wanted to grow up to be an Egyptologist it had such an effect on my life. And I STILL believe in the heart of the cards XD I don't care if it's real or not lollll 

I didn't have any real friends as a kid, so I just collected the cards because I thought they looked pretty sweet. Except the Zombies! Zombies creep me out, no matter where they come from. lol But the WB definitely had some good shows.

I'd love to get a plushy of a Yugioh character! Or Duel Monster. Like a cute little Kuriboh! Oh my God, that'd be AWESOME!!! Though I don't know what an acrylic stand is, or what a funko pop is. I'm actually unaware of a lot of things that I just don't seem to have the knowledge of. Those 2 being a couple of good examples. I'd love to hear what they are though!

One time I asked mom to get me an Ancient Egyptian mythology book, and she actually did. I like mythology, and I was fascinated with Ancient Egypt. I still believe in the heart of the cards, but I just don't think I'm as open about me believing in it as I used to be. Some people can be really mean. Did you ever realize your dream of being an Egyptologist?

12 hours ago, Wild Emotion said:

I didn't have any real friends as a kid, so I just collected the cards because I thought they looked pretty sweet. Except the Zombies! Zombies creep me out, no matter where they come from. lol But the WB definitely had some good shows.

I'd love to get a plushy of a Yugioh character! Or Duel Monster. Like a cute little Kuriboh! Oh my God, that'd be AWESOME!!! Though I don't know what an acrylic stand is, or what a funko pop is. I'm actually unaware of a lot of things that I just don't seem to have the knowledge of. Those 2 being a couple of good examples. I'd love to hear what they are though!

One time I asked mom to get me an Ancient Egyptian mythology book, and she actually did. I like mythology, and I was fascinated with Ancient Egypt. I still believe in the heart of the cards, but I just don't think I'm as open about me believing in it as I used to be. Some people can be really mean. Did you ever realize your dream of being an Egyptologist?

I DON'T LIKE ZOMBIESSS EITHER, zombie cards don't really bother me but like, zombie movies~

Omg I actually saw a Kuriboh plushie on a selling app a couple days ago that someone is listing for only $25 + $4 shipping and I was so tempted to buy it, I have it bookmarked but I'm not sure if I want to buy another plushie yet. An Acrylic stand is like a hard plastic thing that stands up, has an image of the character on it and you can sit it on your desk or something (I'm bad at describing things). And Funko pops are like these cute plastic collectable things that they have of like anime characters, movie characters, real people, etc. I'm going to post them on the anime merch thread later actually. 

I was too, as a kid I got a bunch of books on Egypt at the library because of Yu-Gi-Oh + The Mummy movies made me really interested. People are mean, but I just don't care what anyone thinks about things I like anymore. And no, I ended up studying Marine Biology so I get to play with sharks instead of hot ancient Egyptian pharaohs who inhabit puzzle boxes :( LOL

5 hours ago, Sakura said:

I DON'T LIKE ZOMBIESSS EITHER, zombie cards don't really bother me but like, zombie movies~

Omg I actually saw a Kuriboh plushie on a selling app a couple days ago that someone is listing for only $25 + $4 shipping and I was so tempted to buy it, I have it bookmarked but I'm not sure if I want to buy another plushie yet. An Acrylic stand is like a hard plastic thing that stands up, has an image of the character on it and you can sit it on your desk or something (I'm bad at describing things). And Funko pops are like these cute plastic collectable things that they have of like anime characters, movie characters, real people, etc. I'm going to post them on the anime merch thread later actually. 

I was too, as a kid I got a bunch of books on Egypt at the library because of Yu-Gi-Oh + The Mummy movies made me really interested. People are mean, but I just don't care what anyone thinks about things I like anymore. And no, I ended up studying Marine Biology so I get to play with sharks instead of hot ancient Egyptian pharaohs who inhabit puzzle boxes :( LOL

Right? Something about them is so creepy!

I wish I had an income so I could get stuff like that. But I've got so much stuff as it is that it's really scattered around in an unorganized mess. lol I've never been an orderly person. They sound interesting. I'd definitely like some Funko pop and acrylic stands. ^^ If I could buy 'em. lol

I'm glad I'm not the only one. And that's a good philosophy to take. I think I should reassert my thinking to something along those lines, if not exactly that. Sharks are awesome though!!! Pharaohs with powers are cool, but so are sharks! Next to wolves, they're my favorite animal. Favorite marine animal that is. Wolf is my favorite land animal. But I LOVE sharks!! lol Well, I still think it's something cool to do for a living. ^^

How many times have you re-watched Yugioh?