What anime are you watching now?

Optic

1 hour ago, Bulleje76 said:
On 10/28/2023 at 11:02 PM, Animedragon said:

Charlotte

I was thinking about watching this. Why do you like it? What is cool about it?

Charlotte.
Well, not wishing to give too much away, it's about a lot of middle and high school students who all have some form of supernatural ability, or may develop one. What I like about it is that instead of the usual plot about them being members of a special school to learn how to use their abilities, they're there for their own protection. The school's student council members often go out to find ability users and either recruit them into the school or persuade them not to use their abilities because if they do it may cost them their lives.
It could be said that it's a slice of life series, but it's a long way away from the usual SoL school series. There's a Sci-Fi element underlying the story and some of the episodes contain a quite a bit of violence.
Overall, it has an intriguing and serious storyline, but not one totally lacking in humorous moments, however it is rather different and goes in a direction you might not expect.

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

9 minutes ago, Animedragon said:

Charlotte.
Well, not wishing to give too much away, it's about a lot of middle and high school students who all have some form of supernatural ability, or may develop one. What I like about it is that instead of the usual plot about them being members of a special school to learn how to use their abilities, they're there for their own protection. The school's student council members often go out to find ability users and either recruit them into the school or persuade them not to use their abilities because if they do it may cost them their lives.
It could be said that it's a slice of life series, but it's a long way away from the usual SoL school series. There's a Sci-Fi element underlying the story and some of the episodes contain a quite a bit of violence.
Overall, it has an intriguing and serious storyline, but not one totally lacking in humorous moments, however it is rather different and goes in a direction you might not expect.

thank you for your very indepth and clear answer. I just finished an anime. I might give this a try

• Like 1

I've now finished watching series 2 of Yuru Camp. A absolute gem of a series carrying on the highly enjoyable camping and cooking exploits of the five girls as they explore the natural beauty of the Japanese landscape.  I'm really pleased that there's going to be a third series sometime next year.

On 11/14/2023 at 11:59 AM, Bulleje76 said:

Only thing i am doubting about is watching Shangri-La Frontier. Can anyone give me an advice? While it is weird, i like isekai, i do not like the premis that it is all not real but in a videogame. Still any good?

Shangri La Frontier is one of my favorites from this season. I had the same reservations about the lack of real world consequences, but the fights are still exciting, well thought out & very good animation. I recommend watching the first 3 eps, if you’re not into it after the fight with Lycagon, it may not be for you.

spacer.png

On 11/14/2023 at 11:59 AM, Bulleje76 said:
On 10/31/2023 at 11:23 AM, Ohayotaku said:

Raven of the Inner Palace

Mate , is this a good one? i am doubting about that one for a time now

One of my favorites from last year, a supernatural mystery series with an emphasis on forming friendships/relationships. Not as much action as Undead Girl Murder Farce, but more action than what I’d seen in Apothecary Diaries. Comparable to Frieren maybe.

On 11/2/2023 at 1:38 AM, efaardvark said:

Tearmoon Empire passes the 3-ep test.  (In spite of feeling a lot like an isekai.)  I'll come back to this one later.

Screenshotfrom2023-11-0122-32-24.thumb.png.abf3831ccd3f39c5d8bfd76b15292269.png

Not without it’s shortcomings, but filling my weekly  moe allowance along with Stardust Telepath.

And Ragna Crimson has taken Goblin Slayer 2’s spot in my favorite 5 of the season (currently watching 17 seasonals, though behind on a couple).

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bulleje76 said:

Ohh @Ohayotakui cannot find anywhere the proper releasedate for The Apothecary Diaries episode 7. Can you?

Should be this afternoon or evening. Can’t really be more precise (it’s currently early afternoon here)

6 minutes ago, Ohayotaku said:

Should be this afternoon or evening. Can’t really be more precise (it’s currently early afternoon here)

Thank you. I expected it 1 hour ago.. But was worried since it is not on the release calender. But apperently this calender is useless:

https://www.crunchyroll.com/simulcastcalendar

5 hours ago, Ohayotaku said:

One of my favorites from last year

Watching it now. Am at ep 3. Will continue. But it is by far not as good as the apothecary diaries. 

I have noticed this before mate. We have the same interest in action, graphics, storyline,..but we differ in 1 thing. Heart. Heart in an anime. In the apothecary you feel for her, you smile with her and you like to see her grow. In Raven so far; all though good, i dont care about her.

Not trying to bash you,..just food for thought. And everybody likes something else. So far your recommendations have always helped me

Yesterday evening I rewatched the Yuru Camp Movie, which was excellent those girls certainly enjoy their camping, cooking and hot springs! I was also interesting to see them creating a camp site rather than visiting one.  I know I've said this before, but I really like it when a movie of a series continues the story rather than does a rehash of the TV series, that always seem to me to be a waste of good a movie production budget.

Anyway...

After I'd watch the movie I went back to Crunchyroll's home page where I spotted that they'd added Makoto Shinkai's latest film Suzume to their list that very day.  So of course this evening I just had to watch it. After Your Name I found Weathering With You a bit of a disappointment, not that I thought it a bad film I just felt it somehow missed the mark.  But Shinkai is right back on form with Suzume, it's an amazing film with an engaging storyline, beautiful artwork and animation and a good cast of believable characters.

I'm definitely going to get the Blu-ray release of this film.

• Like 1

I watched the latest episode of the eminence and shadow and 16bit sensation another layer. I can’t believe they both left on a huge cliffhangers two times! I just want to watch the next episode now

1 hour ago, Soramee_ said:

I can’t believe they both left on a huge cliffhangers two times! I just want to watch the next episode now

This is why I wait until the whole series is available on CR before I start watching it. 🙂

I had enough cliff-hanger anguish back in the old days when tapes/DVDs were released at roughly one  month intervals.

(On VHS you got only 2 eps per tape, DVDs usually had 4, but often the 1st disk had 5)

7 hours ago, Bulletje76 said:

i caannot believe you watch that crap

There's an old saying "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" 🙂.

But in one sense I can see where you're coming from.  I see posts on here saying how wonderful a series is and I wonder why anyone would want to watch it. I guess it's a case of each to his, or her, own.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Animedragon said:

Yesterday evening I rewatched the Yuru Camp Movie, which was excellent those girls certainly enjoy their camping, cooking and hot springs! I was also interesting to see them creating a camp site rather than visiting one.  I know I've said this before, but I really like it when a movie of a series continues the story rather than does a rehash of the TV series, that always seem to me to be a waste of good a movie production budget.

I just finished season 1 of Yuru camp on Crunchyroll. I was disappointed to see they don't have an English dub for season 2.

5 minutes ago, holywhippet said:

I just finished season 1 of Yuru camp on Crunchyroll. I was disappointed to see they don't have an English dub for season 2.

It's a curious thing about dubs, back in the days of VHS Western distributors said they would only release dubs because they were less expensive to produce than subs.

When DVDs come out quite a few series were released as sub only, and when asked why there was no dubbed version they said that subs were less expensive to produce.

20 hours ago, Animedragon said:

This is why I wait until the whole series is available on CR before I start watching it. 🙂

I had enough cliff-hanger anguish back in the old days when tapes/DVDs were released at roughly one  month intervals.

(On VHS you got only 2 eps per tape, DVDs usually had 4, but often the 1st disk had 5)

I don’t think I would have survived with a month of interval lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Soramee_ said:

I don’t think I would have survived with a month of interval lol

It was certainly a hard time.

Fortunately some distributors switched to offering box sets, either as half or full series sets. Although the financial outlay in one hit could be substantial 😱, but at least it avoided the long waits between disk releases. 🙂

• Funny 1

On 11/17/2023 at 11:23 PM, Animedragon said:

I've now finished watching series 2 of Yuru Camp. A absolute gem of a series carrying on the highly enjoyable camping and cooking exploits of the five girls as they explore the natural beauty of the Japanese landscape.  I'm really pleased that there's going to be a third series sometime next year.

I only finished  first season, but didn't  watch second season. 

I finished watching BanG! Dream It's MyGo!!!!! today. Like the previous three series this one is about a group of high school girls who form a band. Unlike the previous series some of the members of the band were members of a band that broke up under rather disagreeable circumstances, and they haven't really got over the break-up. This leads to quite a bit of conflict between the new band's members and this series focuses more on the relationships between the band members than the band actually playing. In one way this is a good thing as it makes for an interesting storyline, however, I would have liked to have seen more of the band in concerts because the few songs they performed had really good lyrics.

I'm rather hoping that there's a second series of this because it ended rather abruptly, but overall it's a decent series, although probably not one to watch as an introduction to the BanG! Dream franchise.

On 11/21/2023 at 12:03 PM, Key Visual said:

Kusuriya no Hitorigoto (The Apothecary Diaries)

One of the best shows of this season so far.

dlvFcx8.jpg

I've been watching it having read the first few manga volumes. That image you used isn't very indicitve though - it makes it look like Maomao is some kind martial artist walking into the fight of her life.