How are you feeling right now?

Kiriness

On 4/18/2024 at 6:04 PM, Sakura said:

That's true. I feel like people in my life have always had adult expectations of me, even as a child, I never got to be a child. I was always told not to act that way or do such-and-such thing when I would get hyper/excited or just wanted to play. 🤭

Although I'm still a teenager, I wish I understood social queues and how emotions worked sooner. Growing up I felt like there was a wall between me and my peers, like they could all understand something I didn't. Every year I learn more things about socializing, but it still doesn't make sense to me why most people say certain things that mean the opposite in an emotional sense😭 I've been able to make friends, but I find it so hard to maintain the connection because of my communication problems. The reason I want to grow up so quickly is so that I can skip all of this painful learning, and just be able to talk because that's what everyone says is how you navigate relationships. But truthfully, I wish people could respect the things I say without words and not push for more. Since I recently learned that unlike myself, generally most people can understand body language and facial expressions on some level. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly 1

3 hours ago, froggy said:

Although I'm still a teenager, I wish I understood social queues and how emotions worked sooner. Growing up I felt like there was a wall between me and my peers, like they could all understand something I didn't. Every year I learn more things about socializing, but it still doesn't make sense to me why most people say certain things that mean the opposite in an emotional sense😭 I've been able to make friends, but I find it so hard to maintain the connection because of my communication problems. The reason I want to grow up so quickly is so that I can skip all of this painful learning, and just be able to talk because that's what everyone says is how you navigate relationships. But truthfully, I wish people could respect the things I say without words and not push for more. Since I recently learned that unlike myself, generally most people can understand body language and facial expressions on some level. 

Have you ever been tested for anything like Autism or something along those lines? I don't mean to be offensive, but I only ask because not understand social ques or understand body language/facial expressions is usually an indicator for being on the spectrum. I have some of the same issues myself, though I have never been tested for it I feel like I fall somewhere on the outskirts of the spectrum due to many different reasons. 

@Topic ~ I wasn't ready for Monday either, so I feel pretty tired/exhausted/just want to get in bed and go to sleep but I have HW to do ~_~ 

• Agree 1
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, Sakura said:

Have you ever been tested for anything like Autism or something along those lines? I don't mean to be offensive, but I only ask because not understand social ques or understand body language/facial expressions is usually an indicator for being on the spectrum. I have some of the same issues myself, though I have never been tested for it I feel like I fall somewhere on the outskirts of the spectrum due to many different reasons. 

Yes! I take no offense. Autism runs in my family, so it was no surprise that I am. It did take some time to understand my own symptoms since I've masked it for most of my life. Or attempted to... Most people in my life just assumed I was autistic before I was even diagnosed😅 

21 hours ago, froggy said:

Yes! I take no offense. Autism runs in my family, so it was no surprise that I am. It did take some time to understand my own symptoms since I've masked it for most of my life. Or attempted to... Most people in my life just assumed I was autistic before I was even diagnosed😅 

Yeah I personally never understood that I had symptoms, I just thought I was weird XD I have never been officially diagnosed with it because I've never been to the doctor because I function very well and if I have it I would be out pretty far on the spectrum. I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was younger so that has a lot to do with my weirdness too I think >.>

12 hours ago, Otaking66lives said:

Stressed...severely stressed. Have to move in a month because our landlord is a schmuck and we currently have nowhere to go.

That is so awful, sorry to hear you are going through that :( Moving is stressful enough without having to figure out how to do it in a month. I hope you find a new place quickly.

@Topic ~ Today was actually pretty good because I got to go out on the boat for class and we got to see some different types of fish!

12 hours ago, Otaking66lives said:

Stressed...severely stressed. Have to move in a month because our landlord is a schmuck and we currently have nowhere to go.

I'm really sorry to hear this. Moving house is stressful enough when you know where you're going to move to, but having to do it in a month and not having anywhere to go to must be awful. I hope you will find somewhere before you actually have to get out.

Apprehensively excited... my brother and I both have decided we're ready for a change of pace regarding making a living. So, we're gonna get the necessary steps done to ultimately put our business up on the market and sell it, preferably within the next few months. I feel a little apprehensive about it, probably because I've been in the restaurant biz for almost 10 years. Despite how much I hate it, I've become accustomed to it. But overall, I'm at peace with the decision. It's just time for something new. Don't really know what that 'new' thing will be after this yet (nor do I know how long it will take for the biz to sell), but I'll figure it out as we go.

• Like 1

Ready to have a fun Friday night. Going to see a movie at the cinema tonight with friends and feeling happy to be going out. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly 1

13 hours ago, viruxx said:

Apprehensively excited... my brother and I both have decided we're ready for a change of pace regarding making a living. So, we're gonna get the necessary steps done to ultimately put our business up on the market and sell it, preferably within the next few months. I feel a little apprehensive about it, probably because I've been in the restaurant biz for almost 10 years. Despite how much I hate it, I've become accustomed to it. But overall, I'm at peace with the decision. It's just time for something new. Don't really know what that 'new' thing will be after this yet (nor do I know how long it will take for the biz to sell), but I'll figure it out as we go.

Good luck!  There's a bunch of weird sh..tuff going on out there these days, economically speaking.  I don't think anyone really knows how the next decade or so is going to play out but you could do worse than meeting it on your own terms.

• Like 1

Feeling a little bit apprehensive.  Got an email from my network storage saying the reidentification count (IDNF) on one of the drives therein is climbing.  (Basically the drive is failing.)  Not surprising since the warranty expired almost 2 years ago and you know how things tend to start breaking when the warranty expires, right?  :)   Because of that I'd already been thinking that maybe I should be shopping for replacements so went ahead and ordered a new drive but the timing kind of sucks.  I had other plans for this weekend.  I'd also been hoping to do a deeper dive on the current market before pulling out my wallet but I hadn't yet gotten a round tuit.  (Though Blackblaze is always a good place to start.)  Well, hopefully the old drive hangs in there and the new one gets here in time to install it Friday night and at least start the rebuild / reintegration process.

Actually I'm not so worried about the drive failing per-se.  It's in a RAID1 (mirror) configuration with another drive in the NAS so even if it fails completely the data is still safe on the other drive.  One of the problems with multi-drive setups however - at least the cheap ones that I can afford - is that after you've replaced the failed drive then you have to read ALL the data on the other (good) drive(s) to rebuild the array and copy the data to the new drive.  If your other drive is old (like mine) then every once in a while this brief period of intense use can stress that drive enough to fail as well.  😱   Not likely <knock knock> and I do have an offline backup but it would definitely mess up the weekend.

Edited by efaardvark
  • Informative 1

I've had a migraine since this morning and been struggling with that. I came home and just got straight into bed after classes and just woke up. I feel a little better to the point where the pounding in my head is manageable and not causing me blinding pain anymore but I'm about to go right back to bed after I eat. 

• Sad 1
  • Friendly 1

2 hours ago, Sakura said:

I've had a migraine since this morning and been struggling with that. I came home and just got straight into bed after classes and just woke up. I feel a little better to the point where the pounding in my head is manageable and not causing me blinding pain anymore but I'm about to go right back to bed after I eat. 

I hope you'll be feeling better soon. One of my friends gets migrates and it totally wipes them out for the day.

• Friendly 1

16 hours ago, Animedragon said:

I hope you'll be feeling better soon. One of my friends gets migrates and it totally wipes them out for the day.

I feel much better today, thankfully. When I have one I don't do anything but come home and go straight to bed, it does completely mess your day up. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly 1