Which anime character is most like you?

Cy~

Do you have an anime character that you think of as your anime "spirit animal"? Like, are there any characters out there that really, really, really remind you of yourself? If so, then share them here!

For me, my anime duplicate from an actual anime is probably Kobayashi from Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon (Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid). She works as a Python programmer during the day (near to my heart) and comes home drained and loopy, hahaha. Her personality is a bit dry from the outside, but she's actually fun loving and family oriented. She just doesn't find that out about herself until later in life. She finds a really weird girl that changes her entire existence. Let's just say that I can strongly sympathize with her.

kobayashi.png.e47e63f9338cac44c70c918091679100.png

(And, yes, I saw that we have another thread that sounds like this one, but I wanted to ask a slightly different question.)

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

Nice idea for a thread! :)

As a male in high-school, there aren't a lot of male characters that would "reflect" how I am/ what I stand for to the degree that I would like them to. Most anime's have males (in high school) as the main leads. And given the nature of anime nowadays, they usually serve as a self-insert character for the typical male viewer first and foremost. For example in a heterosexual love triangle - who are the more interesting character(s)? It is usually the female(s). I think you get what I mean. With that said, the females are the ones who are usually given more of a personality, and ones that I find, can more accurately portray me even as a male.

large.jpg.d5f3e46c9a87c236c8ccdbc47af835f5.jpg

With that out of the way, Sonozaki Noriko from Kiznaiver is someone I can empathize with the most, on a personal level, from all of the anime I have watched thus far. Noriko usually keeps to herself, is quiet, but can say a lot - just like me. But beyond that, and how she may come off as first - she has a deep desire to understand others and connect with them through feeling their pain. At the end of the anime, she realizes that (to put it bluntly) connecting with everyone is physically impossible, and that the joy of forming relationships isn't in knowing them. Rather, it is the process of getting to know them.

Personally, I can really empathize with Noriko, as I am someone that has a desire to understand people too - both good, and bad things about them and their life. And sometimes, it is because of this desire that rejection hurts so much.

But through observing Noriko in her transformation, I learnt something. That is the fact that it can be impossible to perfectly understand everyone. In fact why would I want to anyway if it means devoting time and attention away from myself. I mean, it is good and all to want to understand others - but sometimes, it is just impractical and impossible.

That's why, like Noriko, I stick with my close group of friends where we actively help each other out whenever we are facing problems. And through that - is how we learn to understand each other better :)

• Like 3

I don't think there are any anime character that are similar to me. I guess I'm just too unique. Most anime don't have emotional gay men that are good at singing and writing. So yeah. I wish we were more represented in anime. I mean, LGBT characters are always so over sexualised or stereotyped or just plain ignored. Rant over

• Like 2

I do not think there is a particular anime character that accurately depicts exactly who I am as a person.. I'm a bit all over the place. But that being said...

I think the anime character that I resonate with the most would probably be Chiyuki, Death Parade. I think in regards to her situations, I would probably react similar to a certain degree. Will not go into full details because spoilers. But her feelings on life and dealing with sadness and happiness, I can relate quite similarly to her. I think also, the ending of this anime in regards to her impacted me more than most typically do.

chiyuki_by_kr0npr1nz-d8lxgka.thumb.jpg.1886ec57748a8140898ecd33f2934e84.jpg

Edited by Guest
  • Like 2

goku_chewed_out.jpg.443019756d1711bd0eb7561717fa1681.jpg

I would say mine is kind of a mix between Goku here, my avatar, and Hachiman from SNAFU.

Kind of hard for me to peg down a particular characters with these three messed together.

• Like 1

[ATTACH=full]31681[/ATTACH]

'Nuff said.

Really, you picked the guy from Welcome to the NHK too, I'm not that bad yet, but it's conceivable I'm heading there. The guy from yahari ore no Seishun might represent me pretty well, only I'm not so bitter, I'm not in highschool, lately I've been trying to be more sociable and no cute girls have crushes on me. I've also always felt a connection to Hei from darker than black, only I'm not a badass, and my life is pretty mundane. Of course, it could be that I simply worship him.

Really, you picked the guy from Welcome to the NHK too, I'm not that bad yet,

Well, if it helps, I don't have dozens of trashbags lying around in my bedroom. :P I also do have suicidal tendencies sometimes, but never had the courage to go through with it, and never even bothered to make an attempt like the guy from NHK. Too much hassle anyway. I've got better things to do in my life than attempt what I know will be a failed suicide.

Also, I don't have the luxury of some convenient girl helping me sort out my emotions like the anime. That's probably the only unrealistic part of the show. I would've gotten over whatever stagnant part of my life if it was that easy to meet a girl like that.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

Well, if it helps, I don't have dozens of trashbags lying around in my bedroom. :P I also do have suicidal tendencies sometimes, but never had the courage to go through with it, and never even bothered to make an attempt like the guy from NHK. Too much hassle anyway. I've got better things to do in my life than attempt what I know will be a failed suicide.

Also, I don't have the luxury of some convenient girl helping me sort out my emotions like the anime. That's probably the only unrealistic part of the show. I would've gotten over whatever stagnant part of my life if it was that easy to meet a girl like that.

Even then, that girl has it WAY bad.

Even then, that girl has it WAY bad.

Yeah, I know, but still, misery loves company. I'm sure it would've felt better for both of us to have that kind of company.

Probably a bit of Tomoko Kuroki from Watamote. Scared out of wits around people, strange fantasies, want to make lots of friends but prefers to be alone at the end of the day. And some Yuu Sonoda from Sakura Trick, hates studying, falls asleep in class, clueless about school and clumsy. >_<

Thankfully it's all not as bad as it sounds on my end.

• Like 1

I also relate to your typical "bad-tempered shounen" anime archetype. There are just so many of them it's impossible to name just one of them! lol

I guess the one that comes to mind recently is Yoshiki Kishinuma:

YoshikiProfile.thumb.png.7a072b6d60099d4a0249a2a4362d4867.png

He's your average anime bad boy delinquent, rough around the edges, easy to snap at others. The one major difference between him and me, however, is his wisecracking attitude. It seems that guys like him in anime tend to joke around a lot. I'm not like that, so I have all the negative traits and none of the positive charm. :P I joke sometimes, but I don't consider myself a very funny person... unlike this shameless boy over here.

• Like 2

• Geano locked this topic