Do you like to Travel/Want to Travel

Geano

1-earth.thumb.jpg.169b651ecf5efe2cab961207b55a8333.jpg

Pretty simple topic idea with so much possibilities. So who loves traveling to new places like on vacation, or for any reason honestly.

I personally love traveling I sadly have not been able to much these last couple years, but I do love it. I have been to California, as well as a good portion of the southwest US. I have gone to the southeast too, but not as much for personal reasons.

So what about you guys/

I'm not able to travel and I'm not exactly excited by the idea of traveling, but the idea does interest me. I'd love to visit some parts of Europe and Japan. There's not really anywhere else that interests me though.

3 minutes ago, RubberJohnny said:

I'm not able to travel and I'm not exactly excited by the idea of traveling, but the idea does interest me. I'd love to visit some parts of Europe and Japan. There's not really anywhere else that interests me though.

Yah it can be a bit scary even more so with the state of the world as it is. I think Japan is at the top, or near the top of most anime fans lists though forsure. Its one expensive trip though.

In the past, I was not much of a fan of travelling, but have discovering how to take raw images on my phone and experimenting with Lightroom, I like to do so, to see I can get pictures.

Sadly, I cannot travel too much due to disabilities, medical issues, and other stuff that makes travelling more of a pain than anything.

• Like 1

I travel somewhat frequently, mainly by vehicle, and although fairly taxing at times, I like it. As cliche as it sounds, it's nice hitting that open road. 

Hopefully sometime soon, I'd like to  step it up and visit France and Japan.

15 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

Pretty simple topic idea with so much possibilities. So who loves traveling to new places like on vacation, or for any reason honestly.

I personally love traveling I sadly have not been able to much these last couple years, but I do love it. I have been to California, as well as a good portion of the southwest US. I have gone to the southeast too, but not as much for personal reasons.

So what about you guys/

i like to travel...in video games, i get side tracked and rather than continue the story, i explore the map and have fun enjoying the scenery with my party members ^_^

...oh were talking about real life ?

ha, screw travelling, i have no time to travel, i gotta play games and study <.>

• Funny 1

9 hours ago, brycec said:

In the past, I was not much of a fan of travelling, but have discovering how to take raw images on my phone and experimenting with Lightroom, I like to do so, to see I can get pictures.

Sadly, I cannot travel too much due to disabilities, medical issues, and other stuff that makes travelling more of a pain than anything.

Thats understandable if its that much work then it would not be as fun. I'm sure you have a lot to do in your local area though.

2 hours ago, Nono said:

I travel somewhat frequently, mainly by vehicle, and although fairly taxing at times, I like it. As cliche as it sounds, it's nice hitting that open road. 

Hopefully sometime soon, I'd like to  step it up and visit France and Japan.

Yes that is a nice feeling to hit the open road though sadly because of medical reasons I don't drive so hitting the road for me is normally walking across town.

8 minutes ago, XII360 said:

i like to travel...in video games, i get side tracked and rather than continue the story, i explore the map and have fun enjoying the scenery with my party members ^_^

...oh were talking about real life ?

ha, screw travelling, i have no time to travel, i gotta play games and study <.>

Traveling in Video Games is fun too. I have traversed many a cave, or mine shaft in Minecraft not to mention the odd nether fortress.

Though yah I understand getting away is tough even more so when you got work, or school.

• Agree 1

I LOVE travelling.

Well, as long as I'm not on my period.

I've been to quite a lot of places (note that I said places, not countries): Shanghai, Beijing, London, Belfast, Dublin, the Maldives, Boston, Dubai, Jakarta, Sabah, KL, Bali, Chittagong, Sylhet, Melbourne, Sydney, the Bahamas, Sarawak, Rome, Venice, Frankfurt, Singapore, Taipei, and Dhaka. 

Edited by AniMeFReaK
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome (Sugoi) 1

I do enjoy the idea of travel, but I always get the flu or pneumonia or a stomach bug the day of or before traveling. First time skiing, had the flu and strept. Went to NYC with my mom and sister to shop and see the shows, had the flu (I like a walking corpse I was so bad off. My sister used this to her advantage to get deals and seated faster in restaurants). Went to Germany, had an awful stomach bug that had me barely able to eat for the first week there. Roadtrip with my husband, pneumonia. Cruise to Alaska, stomach bug before I even left home. 

I know my luck is bad. I want to go diving in the Galapagos but I fear what new horror awaits me if I do...

I love travelling within my country and province and would love to see what more it has to offer. I've only seen glimpses of places here really. I think it'd be killer fun to take a few months off work, sell everything, and road trip all the way across Canada. From the west to the east I would pop through all the provinces. And then on my way back to the west, I'd go along northern Canada to check out the territories.

Where I've lived in Canada:

• Squamish BC (born and raised, also living here again currently)
  • Richmond BC (3 years)
  • North Delta BC (1 year)
  • Hardisty AB (3 months)
  • Niagara Falls ON (1 year and a bit)

As for out of country travel, I'd like to go to South Africa, Amsterdam, and Mexico

Edited by Kohloo
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

Yes that is a nice feeling to hit the open road though sadly because of medical reasons I don't drive so hitting the road for me is normally walking across town.

Honestly, I enjoy walking too. Sometimes I'll walk around downtown and not even go inside any store or anything, literally just walk around.

56 minutes ago, Nono said:

Honestly, I enjoy walking too. Sometimes I'll walk around downtown and not even go inside any store or anything, literally just walk around.

Walking is by far my favorite gorm of travel. I walk between 5-8 miles 4, or more times a week around my metro area.

16 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

That’s mostly how I travel too, though I utilize public transit too, because of both my medical issues and such. Bright side is that I do not need to worry about money too much, whereas I would if I went out of town.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, brycec said:

That’s mostly how I travel too, though I utilize public transit too, because of both my medical issues and such. Bright side is that I do not need to worry about money too much, whereas I would if I went out of town.

I am the same way I use public transit in my area for areas that are to far, or when it is way to cold. It is getting colder where I am so I wish I could take a trip to somewhere warm.

On 10/14/2018 at 2:18 PM, ArchieKun said:

I am the same way I use public transit in my area for areas that are to far, or when it is way to cold. It is getting colder where I am so I wish I could take a trip to somewhere warm.

You can go to India, its pretty warm out there. I was recently there in Delhi, it was very warm out there.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, allanzurk said:

You can go to India, its pretty warm out there. I was recently there in Delhi, it was very warm out there.

Yes its a bit closer to the equator then where I am. They have lots of cool animals too.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I love traveling. I’m spending a week in Peru this upcoming summer and am really looking forward to it (Machu Picchu, here I come!)! CFAE65C6-1B23-487A-9ECA-81E057EAEE09.png.1254de3837a3cd57c34ea10d9f2eb81f.png

Aside from Mexico and some cities in the US I haven’t really travelled much. Though hands down the most beautiful place ever is Yosemite Valley  -you come back out of the valley and wonder why the rest of the world doesn’t smell so good or look so beautiful. I’ve considered living in Merced (a nearby city to Yosemite) but living in CA is sooo sparking expensive so I can’t 😥C705231D-44C5-4E99-AEBC-ADEB8B2684B2.jpeg.9d8bdf6dd8a6e602878463e34a0e3d11.jpeg[Pictures don’t even do it justice tbh]

And to anyone wanting to take a trip to Mexico, I must warn you - stay out of Mexico City. Even just staying at a hotel feels unsafe, much less wandering around the city. 5 days was more than enough time for me (but the food I ate was so good lmao). 

• Like 1
  • Friendly 1

Peru despite how dangerous it can be in terms of crime from what I have heard can be gorgeous at least from what I see here. I bet that will be hella fun time. What else do you plan to do there.

@rd7

I like actual travelling, not this new quicktravelling crap - I can walk from Whiterun to Solitude, dang it!!

Seriously, we travelled a lot in school. In grade 6 we visited Munich, in 8th grade we went to France --a week in Toule and and three days in Paris-- in 12th grade we went to Italy --Toskana and Rome-- and in 11th grade to England, Cambridge. We visited Hungary and Slovenia in primary School, but I can't remember much about these two....

I liked all these places, though I`m not a fan of capital cities ... too crowded and you kinda have seen all the sites on photos - the smaller cities are always way more interesting to me. 

I often visited Croatia, Italy andLuxemburg (one parent is from there) during summer, but not so much anymore (except Luxemburg)

I`d really love to travel through some countries and visit just their castles --I'm a huge fan of castles--, mainly France. Japan and the UK, but that kinda costs a lot .... And as I child I always wanted to visit the oriental countries (huge fan of the atmosphere) but considering the last 7 years or so, I don`t think it'd be a good idea...

I'm not big on the actual traveling part.  I'm also totally not interested in touristy areas.  I do like the idea of getting to know different people/places however.  If I could somehow teleport somewhere and then live there for a few months or years - ideally with a native of the area as guide or host - then I could get into that.

16 hours ago, rd7 said:

living in CA is sooo sparking expensive

Tell me about it.  Just this weekend I saw a real estate listing asking $400k for a 1br, 640 sq.ft. condo on a freeway onramp.  Gas and food prices are ridiculous too.

I do agree about some of the scenery though, at least when it isn't on fire.

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

14 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

Peru despite how dangerous it can be in terms of crime from what I have heard can be gorgeous at least from what I see here. I bet that will be hella fun time. What else do you plan to do there.

@rd7

Anything and everything 🤣. Our trip is completely packed with travel and fun things to do- aside from Machu Picchu I believe we’re spending a good deal of time in the Sacred Valley, Cusco, and Lima. From what I’ve heard I might have to bring a baby Alpaca back home - they’re super fluffy and cute (and I love fluffy and cute ☺️). And I also can’t wait to dive into the culture and history of Peru, there’s so much to learn! (Yes, I am a museum lover)

CD81C9BF-8B7A-427E-9840-8B4522D69EA3.jpeg.db95a4a0a56a9533f0700256804087f5.jpeg

3 hours ago, efaardvark said:

I do agree about some of the scenery though, at least when it isn't on fire.

This cracked me up and made my day 😂 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rd7 said:

Anything and everything 🤣. Our trip is completely packed with travel and fun things to do- aside from Machu Picchu I believe we’re spending a good deal of time in the Sacred Valley, Cusco, and Lima. From what I’ve heard I might have to bring a baby Alpaca back home - they’re super fluffy and cute (and I love fluffy and cute ☺️). And I also can’t wait to dive into the culture and history of Peru, there’s so much to learn! (Yes, I am a museum lover)

CD81C9BF-8B7A-427E-9840-8B4522D69EA3.jpeg.db95a4a0a56a9533f0700256804087f5.jpeg

This cracked me up and made my day 😂 

That honestly sounds like a really fun time. Yes animals are adorable I love watching shows about them among my many other interests.

Makes me wish I was going honestly I have heard many things about that region. Make sure to get lots of pics.

I do like to travel I've been to Denver, Texas, Pittsburgh (before I recently moved here), and some of Kansas. I'd love to travel more in the foreseeable future hopefully but atlas traveling cost money.