Illusion of Terra

What's annoying you?

4 hours ago, SativaNekoPripyat said:
  • The fact which annoys me is that I can't teleport. 

I will take a hard pass on the teleportation.  I am not fond of the idea of having an arm for a face and my face on what used to be my shoulder when the machine acts up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The History Kid said:

I will take a hard pass on the teleportation.  I am not fond of the idea of having an arm for a face and my face on what used to be my shoulder when the machine acts up.

Thats the least of your problems, watch the fly with jeff goldblum. It shows the real horror of teleporters

12 hours ago, Serge heartless said:

Thats the least of your problems, watch the fly with jeff goldblum. It shows the real horror of teleporters

Like possibly ending up inside someone else or partially in a building or something? OuchSss

21 hours ago, SativaNekoPripyat said:
  • The fact which annoys me is that I can't teleport. 

100% agreement on this. Time spent getting from where I am to where I need/want to be is always an annoyance

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seshi said:

Like possibly ending up inside someone else or partially in a building or something? OuchSss

Or like going...."Diagonally" ;)

What annoys me are bills. I pay them one month and yet they just reappear the next! Oof. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Serge heartless said:

Self driving cars is just a bad idea, they can't think like humans you can't program them to have a conscience. They can't stop on a dime if someone is going to jaywalk in front of them or a kid tries to run in the street, or even a animal runs in front of you. Also if a handicap person might go into a seizure, or have a stroke while riding in one of these and might die. Bad drivers should just have their car taken away for like a month. 

They may be like that now, but with how AI research is going, self driven cars will be superior to human drivers at some point. Though I still don't like the idea of it and would much rather drive myself. Too much reliance on technology seems like a bad idea to me~

What annoys me is performing damage control everytime my grandparents use their computer...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Seshi said:

It shows what happens when something teleports with you, like a fly. And you DNA merges with it, turning you into a monster. 

Edited by Serge heartless

What's annoying me right now is the unbearable hot weather. 

I will have to get a ventilator ASAP.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 6/25/2019 at 2:05 PM, Serge heartless said:

Self driving cars is just a bad idea

Agree with this as well. What’s particularly troubling is when you point out the very real safety and security concerns the solutions they propose are the same as the ones for older technology that still haven’t proven effective. Invariably the final argument is “Well it’s going to happen whether you like it or not so just accept it or get left behind”. THAT’S annoying.

I think if self-driving cars ever get to the point where they cause less accidents than humans, there is not too much left against them. Main problem I see then is what exactly we program into them given difficult decisions such as killing the passengers or the pedestrians.

(would you guys be interested in debating this in a new thread? I don't mind debating it here, but other posts seem to be overlapped by it)

• Like 1

The thing with AI is, now matter how advanced it gets. You still can't program things like a conscience. Or making split decisions.  A AI doesn't know what is right or wrong. Its just programed to do commands. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Illusion of Terra said:

I think if self-driving cars ever get to the point where they cause less accidents than humans, there is not too much left against them. Main problem I see then is what exactly we program into them given difficult decisions such as killing the passengers or the pedestrians.

(would you guys be interested in debating this in a new thread? I don't mind debating it here, but other posts seem to be overlapped by it)

That would be a very fun topic I think, though I may or may not be too lazy to join in~

@Serge heartless What you are thinking of is not true AI. 

Edited by SanguineTear

Just now, SanguineTear said:

That would be a very fun topic I think, though I may or may not be too lazy to join in~

@Serge heartless What you are thinking of is not true AI. 

I'm pretty sure true AI won't happen in our life time, which I'm not worried about, cause ill be gone by then. 

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, Serge heartless said:

I'm pretty sure true AI won't happen in our life time, which I'm not worried about, cause ill be gone by then. 

Hahah, fair enough, you're probably right. I don't think I even want to be around for true AI.

I am having writers block. Want to write more of my fan fic, but no real inspiration.

Just now, ArchieKun said:

I am having writers block. Want to write more of my fan fic, but no real inspiration.

From what I've heard when you get writers block, its best to read, or watch a movie. 

30 minutes ago, Serge heartless said:

From what I've heard when you get writers block, its best to read, or watch a movie. 

Or a tv series like anime too helps me a lot. 

I think for me though its a bit of writers block but it is also lack of desire to write right now.

Posted (edited)

What's annoying me is people who think the way to fix things is just to bitch about them constantly until someone else gets so sick of listening to it that they fix it for them.  Come on people!  Google and a bit of initiative.  That's all it takes to make the world a better place.  As a bonus whatever you're bitching about will probably even get fixed faster.

( /rant  :D  )

On a different topic (no, the above wasn't directed at Seshi ;))...

On 6/25/2019 at 11:04 AM, Seshi said:

Shouldn’t we all have iron man suits by now

I just saw some interesting info on that topic last week.  These people seem to have a good start on that...

Edited by efaardvark
separation
  • Agree 1

They look more like flying spiders hahaha