What anime are you watching now?

Optic

I just finished Frieren recently. While I agree with it being the best thing to air over the past 6 months, I have to feel it’s current ranking on MAL is overstating things. 

Will be wrapping up a number of series this weekend: Wrong Way to Use Healing Magic • Solo Leveling • Ragna Crimson 

Need to catch up on: The Dangers in my Heart season 2 • Shangri La Frontier • The Apothecary Diaries • Undead Unluck

Looking forward to Yuru Camp season 3 a week from today.

Finished The Wrong Way to Use Healing Magic. Enjoyed it more than I thought I would, which is why I still try to give new isekai series a chance. Especially liked the master/trainee dynamic between Rose & Usato. While largely played for laughs, it still delivered some genuine feelz as well. Hope it gets a 2nd season, because it feels like it’s just getting started.

I've now finished watching Bottom-Tier Character Tomozaki: Second stage. I rewatched the previous series first, to reacquaint myself with the characters. Overall I felt that in some places it didn't quite have the cohesive storyline that the first series had but having said that I did enjoy watching the series and would happily watch it again sometime. One of the good points for me was the way the main cast's personalities developed over the course of the story although this did lead to some dialogue heavy scenes but I felt these were handled well and gave a good insight into the character's motivation and reasons for why they behaved as they did.

It been awhile XD 

Finished Dragon Ball 

Zzkac9.gif

Absolutely brilliant can't wait for DBZ, naturally gutted about the more recent news in the DB circle all I can say on that is that Akira Toriyama was a legend and I'm totally gonna be playing Chrono Trigger.

Up to episode 71 of Galaxy Express 999

tumblr_o12xha2aux1rku2gvo1_1280.gif

A great show by the also unfortunately late Leiji Matsumoto 

Completed Star Wars Visions 

fa5d5193b7d350854a72449f24a0a3a3.gif

Yeah this wasn't the best probably just further prove that the best anime is made exclusively in Japan, it reminds me strongly of Halo Legends a jumbled messy that fails to be as good as other similar anime in the genre whilst also failing to feel and capture the sprite of the source material (not that Disney can do that either) 

Re-watched Toradora! 

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Natural this show only gets better

Watched Blue Submarine No. 6

tumblr_m5ktpnZRzO1qmpg90o1_500.gif

This was a really good one that I randomly watched, highly recommend need to watch more GONZO shows. 

Watched Lunar Legend Tsukihime

vWYPA6.gif

Really enjoyed this, kind of had some stilted animation, but a great story.

Re-Watched Mobile Suit Gundam Origin 

cb069164a78101ad29dfdeb4e6743d10.gif
I'm one of the biggest OG Gundam Fans in the World, We all know I enjoyed this rewatch. 

Re-Watching Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood 

tumblr_mrq8jpeEgV1srsg4zo1_500.gif

This is a classic anime though the more I rewatch it the more tempted I am to watch the classic FMA

Started watching Frieren: Beyond Journey's End

3850645.gif

This is a wonderful fantasy anime and very Tolkin in feeling 

Goblin Slayer Season 2

f74.gif

This one was also super good, I have to say their was a lot of strong fantasy anime this last season or 2. So glad we saw the return of Goblin Slayer

Pluto

1dc9bc9e32c8678a600c56f2946d810f685a2c50 

I honestly didn't like this which was disappointing as I had high hopes for the show since it came from the same writer as Monster

Finished Nadia The Secret of Blue Water 

tumblr_n1gdvyZ2zA1spaq6ho2_400.gif

Also just recently finished Nadia the Secret of Blue Water, it was so good I smashed though this show effortless and I didn't even skip the filler arch's which I actually (controversial opinion) enjoyed

Finished: Solo Leveling (Season 1)

Repetitive, blood-reliant, and poor character development.

Edited by Digimon_Sommelier
  • Agree 2

Started on Momochi-san Chi no Ayakashi Ouji.  Was kind of expecting / hoping for it to be something like Hiiro no Kakera but from what I've seen so far I think it actually is somewhere along a line between that and Kamisama Hajimemashita.  Far enough from both to stand on its own however.  On ep4 right now and will probably finish it.

I've managed to finish binge watching all three series of Classroom of the Elite. When I first heard of this series back in 2017 or 18 I watched a couple of trailers and read a review or two and thought "pass, not interested". Then when series 3 came out this year and started generating a lot of interest on the Facebook anime pages I thought it might be worth a watch. So was it worth the watch?
Short answer: perhaps!
For a high school Slice of Life style anime it's nothing like any I'd seen before, I don't think any school has ever had such a high percentage of anti-social, stuck-up, pompous, nasty, scheming, sadistic and downright evil students. Then there's the school itself which has some strange rules and seems to be determined to set-up it's students for expulsion.
I must admit that in the first two series the machinations of the various class factions to gain victory over each other in the weird tests the school set were interesting. However in the third series the seemingly endless 'special exams' the school kept setting were becoming a bit tedious and even verging on "monster of the week" territory.
Overall: I found it an intriguing and different storyline with some interesting characters and interesting interactions between them. I can't say that I enjoyed watching the series, but I'm glad I did. Would I watch it again? Probably not, would I watch series 4 if/when it comes out? Maybe.

I now finished watching the second season of The Dangers in my Heart. I wasn't too impressed with the first season, so I didn't expect much from the second, but I thought that it was generally better than the first and even had some good scenes and amusing incidents, but overall I found it a bit dull and tedious.

I started to watch a new anime I found recently called 'Classroom of the Elite'. I believe it has 3 seasons and I have only watched so far the season 1 but I will continue to watch all of the seasons. 

1 hour ago, Zayon said:

I started to watch a new anime I found recently called 'Classroom of the Elite'. I believe it has 3 seasons and I have only watched so far the season 1 but I will continue to watch all of the seasons. 

I binge watched all three series last week so I'd be interested to hear what you thought of it.

You might want to finish watching it all before reading my comments a few posts above this one.

On 4/17/2024 at 11:06 PM, Animedragon said:

I binge watched all three series last week so I'd be interested to hear what you thought of it.

You might want to finish watching it all before reading my comments a few posts above this one.

I have liked season 1 of this series as a 6/10 if I were to rate it but the reason I did not finish watching season 2 and 3 yet was because I also was not sure how I feel about the season 1 or if I like it enough to continue watching it. On the one hand I thought perhaps will like it more if I finish all the seasons as some shows become more interesting in later seasons. 

I like the character Suzune the most in the show even she comes across as anti-social and stuck up but I feel a bit sorry for her. She seems to be a caring person but tries to hide this fact. I am actually not much a fan of the main character Kiyotaka because the personality of him I don't like very much, though I understand that he is lazy and appears unintelligent on purpose in the show I find the character boring and this is what makes me consider if I would continue with seasons 2 and 3. 

Somehow I feel since I started the anime I should finish the series and watch the remaining seasons to see if I feel different after finishing it all. 

3 hours ago, Zayon said:

I have liked season 1 of this series as a 6/10 if I were to rate it but the reason I did not finish watching season 2 and 3 yet was because I also was not sure how I feel about the season 1 or if I like it enough to continue watching it. On the one hand I thought perhaps will like it more if I finish all the seasons as some shows become more interesting in later seasons. 

If you liked the first series you'll probably like the other two. Series 1 & 2 are I think the better ones, series 3 while being a bit repetitive in background story terms does have a lot more in terms of intrigue and scheming on the part of the various factions in the school.

3 hours ago, Zayon said:

I like the character Suzune the most in the show even she comes across as anti-social and stuck up but I feel a bit sorry for her. She seems to be a caring person but tries to hide this fact.

The third series gives a lot a insight into her character and why she acts as she does.

3 hours ago, Zayon said:

I am actually not much a fan of the main character Kiyotaka because the personality of him I don't like very much, though I understand that he is lazy and appears unintelligent on purpose in the show I find the character boring and this is what makes me consider if I would continue with seasons 2 and 3. 

In the third series we find out a lot more about his background and early life which explains a lot about how he acts. He's quite an interesting person and not quite as nice as he appears and is quite willing to use people for his own ends.

3 hours ago, Zayon said:

Somehow I feel since I started the anime I should finish the series and watch the remaining seasons to see if I feel different after finishing it all

This isn't the sort of series I usually watch and while I wouldn't say I enjoyed watching it I'm glad I did because it was an interesting story.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Animedragon said:

If you liked the first series you'll probably like the other two. Series 1 & 2 are I think the better ones, series 3 while being a bit repetitive in background story terms does have a lot more in terms of intrigue and scheming on the part of the various factions in the school.

The third series gives a lot a insight into her character and why she acts as she does.

In the third series we find out a lot more about his background and early life which explains a lot about how he acts. He's quite an interesting person and not quite as nice as he appears and is quite willing to use people for his own ends.

This isn't the sort of series I usually watch and while I wouldn't say I enjoyed watching it I'm glad I did because it was an interesting story.

What interested me at the start was how the classes are separate into different groups based off how good they are determined to be and I thought for that reason the plot would go in other directions than it had when I watched it. I liked this concept and idea of the show but felt that it lacked something a little. 

In that case I think I should continue watching this through the season 3 so I can make a better assumption of the show. 

• Like 1

On Toonami last night I watched 

April 20th (Saturday)

12:00a Ninja Kamui: Episode 11*

12:30a Zom 100: Bucket List of the Dead: Flight Attendant of the Dead*

1:00a One Piece: Two Great Rivals Meet Each Other! Straw Hat and Heavenly Demon!*

1:30a One Piece: Luffy Astonished! The Man Who Inherit Ace's Will!*

2:00a Naruto Shippuden: Naruto Shippuden, Sasuke's Story: Sunrise, Part 2: Coliseum*

2:30a Dragon Ball Z Kai: Shenron Appears! The Saiyans Arrive Sooner Than Expected!

3:00a Ninja Kamui: Episode 11 (Subbed)*