Seshi

What do you like to write about?

We have an interesting amount of topics in this section already, but I've been wondering, what does everyone like writing about? Do you like creating characters? History? Worlds?

What drives you to write? Do you have a favorite topic that sparks your imagination and you can just write for days? I'm curious. 

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

I like to write emotional stories with a heavy focus on characters. For years, I've been working on this specific universe full of characters and backstories, (I'll call it Project Rainbow) and I was planning to make a visual novel off of it when I first came to AF.

That's still an option, but I've been procrastinating that too much, so I'm going back to novel format. I've been more productive with it this way, but I don't know if I'll release it anytime soon. Which is kinda poo-y because I actually really like these characters and I hope other people will like them too.

Hah, this reminds me of one of my earlier works on here: Feathers and Steel. I'll leave that one on the backburner since it has a sense of completion to it already. I do feel bad for leaving my interactive story in the dust, but I haven't 100% given up on it yet. What's holding me back from continuing most of these stories is my inadequacy in describing combat, since all three of these stories have combat in some sort of way.

I have a lot of other stories too, like fanfictions and other universes, but if you were to ask me which was favorite, I would without a doubt pick Project Rainbow. Every character is handcrafted in a way that is great on their own, but beautiful beside each other. Well, at least, that's how I hope they'll turn out.

Edited by Musuko
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Musuko said:

I like to write emotional stories with a heavy focus on characters. For years, I've been working on this specific universe full of characters and backstories, (I'll call it Project Rainbow) and I was planning to make a visual novel off of it when I first came to AF.

That's still an option, but I've been procrastinating that too much, so I'm going back to novel format. I've been more productive with it this way, but I don't know if I'll release it anytime soon. Which is kinda poo-y because I actually really like these characters and I hope other people will like them too.

Hah, this reminds me of one of my earlier works on here: Feathers and Steel. I'll leave that one on the backburner since it has a sense of completion to it already. I do feel bad for leaving my interactive story in the dust, but I haven't 100% given up on it yet. What's holding me back from continuing most of these stories is my inadequacy in describing combat, since all three of these stories have combat in some sort of way.

I have a lot of other stories too, like fanfictions and other universes, but if you were to ask me which was favorite, I would without a doubt pick Project Rainbow. Every character is handcrafted in a way that is great on their own, but beautiful beside each other. Well, at least, that's how I hope they'll turn out.

I hope you get back to your interactive story as I was enjoying the development there, sane with feathers & steel really, the characters were interesting and I loved the world too, more so than the interactive story because it's just a fledgling really. 

Good luck on your novel 🤗

1 hour ago, HakuUzumaki said:

I like to writing about different scenarios.

That sounds Interesting, care to give an example of one?

I will soapbox this if I put any more explanation than this: if I don't write about them, everyone will forget them.  It'd be an unprecedented tragedy. 

As an aspiring writer I love creating worlds, complex characters and stories that bring these elements together in order to create a written work that makes one think. I think the best kind of written work is one that does not overtly push a certain view or thought that the writer wants you to come away with but rather one that lets the story and characters speak for themselves in order to allow each and every reader to relate to or realize something new from the story and its characters. 

• Like 1
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 2

Over the years I've mainly written poems, song lyrics, and a few short stories. I love writing research papers on social issues and as an aspiring novelist, I am finding that my preferred genre is supernatural thrillers. I greatly enjoy creating layered characters with troubled pasts. I've been watching some YouTube videos on describing magical abilities and it's really got me thinking about exactly what type of abilities I want my main character to have. I love stories that have intense plot twists and I'd love to add one in my book but those have to be done carefully because a poorly written plot twist can ruin everything. 

Hello! im new to this forum but i too would like to talk about some anime shows and movies...so like how tho??? is there messaging or something? Anyway hope we get to talk.

The things im writing about.