Most Recent Movie Watched?

Kohloo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Im Westen nichts Neues (All Quiet on the Western Front) on NetFlix. I highly recommend it. There are a couple of scenes that are difficult to watch, but the film is well-made.

MV5BMzM4ZDJhYjYtZGY5Ny00NTk0LWI4ZTYtNjcz

2 hours ago, Rebel Spirit said:

Star Wars: Return of the Jedi

Decent effects for the 80s. Still wonder what it'd be like in the theater though when it first came out.

When they were first released my late father and I went to see the first three Star Wars films on the Big Screen at our local cinema and they looked awesome.

• Agree 1
  • Cool (Kakkoii) 1

10 hours ago, Animedragon said:

When they were first released my late father and I went to see the first three Star Wars films on the Big Screen at our local cinema and they looked awesome.

Nice! Now I wish I could've seen it even more. lol

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 3/21/2023 at 3:41 AM, Animedragon said:

Awesome indeed. My best friend in grade school’s mom took a van load of us kids to see Return of the Jedi at the cinema when it first came out. One of my favorite childhood memories (along with seeing Superman 2, Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan & Raiders of the Lost Ark in similar situations). The 80’s were a great time to be a kid/teenager.

On 3/21/2023 at 1:02 AM, Wild Emotion said:

Star Wars: Return of the Jedi

Decent effects for the 80s. Still wonder what it'd be like in the theater though when it first came out.

Still pissed off that George thought  he needed to “improve” the original trilogy by adding CGI scenes when they were re-released in theaters & blacklisted the original versions 🤬

As for myself, just got back from seeing Across the Spiderverse. Definitely a visual spectacle, unfortunately felt like there were times the visuals were more important than telling a coherent story.

• Wow 1

52 minutes ago, Ohayotaku said:

Awesome indeed. My best friend in grade school’s mom took a van load of us kids to see Return of the Jedi at the cinema when it first came out. One of my favorite childhood memories (along with seeing Superman 2, Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan & Raiders of the Lost Ark in similar situations). The 80’s were a great time to be a kid/teenager.

Still pissed off that George thought  he needed to “improve” the original trilogy by adding CGI scenes when they were re-released in theaters & blacklisted the original versions 🤬

As for myself, just got back from seeing Across the Spiderverse. Definitely a visual spectacle, unfortunately felt like there were times the visuals were more important than telling a coherent story.

I actually didn't know that. That's unfortunate. :(

• 3 weeks later...

Spiderman: Across the Spiderverse was alright. Definately not as good as the first one IMO. I guess that's because they're explicitly setting up a sequel with this one, but it ends up feeling very middling.

• Agree 1

I have a lot to say about the new Flash movie after I watched it recently. Long rant and spoiler warning. 

TL;DR: I did not like it, and I don't recommend it unless you enjoy watching bad movies.

Spoiler

It's a bad movie overall. I could tell they rushed this movie out due to its main star, Ezra Miller, chasing a felony rap sheet faster than the Warner executives could throw money at it to make it go away. The plot was poor overall, with the character dialog being varying levels of annoying and grating. The CGI varies from acceptable to looking like an Xbox 360 video game cutscene. (The big act three fight scene with the military, at times, looks like it was ripped straight out of a cheesy Army recruitment ad from the 2000's).

Michael Keaton returns as Batman for nostalgia bait. His acting wasn't bad, but it's clear that he's doing this for a paycheck and because the studio wanted to sell nostalgia. The worst portion is the third act, in which poorly made CGI versions of Christopher Reeves, George Reeves, and Adam West, actors who have been dead for years, return as their respective versions of Superman and Batman for short cameos. It's weird and morally dubious to bring back dead actors as poorly rendered PS2 cutscene models to add an "emotional" sting to your movie. There was also a CGI Nick Cage Superman for some reason. Overall, a very bad movie. I'd recommend anyone not to watch it, unless one enjoys watching train wrecks.

wtf.thumb.jpg.75e98ea17872884009f14dabd6e9d36f.jpg

wtf2.thumb.jpg.51132423f6e01e8bad8d5ea6c5382efd.jpg

wtf3.thumb.jpg.08436d395eb8736ebc82287c6e30c264.jpg

Transformers: Rise of the Beasts 

hesitant to actually call it “good”, but enjoyed it more than any of the previous live action films in the franchise. So … yeah 😆

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...