What anime are you watching now?

Optic

I've started rewatching A Place Further Than The Universe, which is one of the very best series I've seen this year. It's got excellent artwork and animation, a great story and a good cast of characters.

• Like 1

I've now finished my rewatch of A Place Further Than The Universe. This is a really beautiful series with a wonderful story about four high school girls who join a scientific expedition to Antarctica, but this is no "cute girls doing cute things" anime it has a very serious storyline. We follow the girls as they overcome obstacles to gain their place in the expedition, we experience the excitement they have at joining the ship and see them experience the "joys" (if that it the right word) of being on a ship in seriously rough seas. We see them experience the beauty of Antarctica, and learn of the dangers of living in one of the most inhospitable places on earth. But while the series has a serious storyline it's not without some very subtle humour and some quite emotional scenes.
Anime series this good don't come along very often and it's definitely one of the best series I've seen this year and one that I'll certainly want to watch again.

23 hours ago, Bulleje76 said:

After some time away from my favorite isekai,..i am back and starting Seirei Gensouki: Spirit Chronicles now. I hope it is any good

Loved it, And season 2 will hopefully come next fall

• Like 1

Finished The Dangers in My Heart . The  first episode was kinda offputting, but thereafter the MC’s chuuni edgelord mannerisms get dialed back considerably to where he’s more awkward than anything & it winds up being a rather cute & funny romcom.

A little less than halfway through Heavenly Delusion. Pretty strange series with things switching back & forth between 2 separate but connected settings & cast of characters. Got to admit the twist at the end of episode 2 caught me by surprise.

Saw Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind at the movies/cinema this afternoon. Some newer anime fans might find the character designs & animation dated, but very nostalgic for me very similar to the period when I first discovered  & became fascinated with anime. One of my favorite Ghibli films & heroines.

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Like 3
  • Friendly 1

3 hours ago, Ohayotaku said:

Saw Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind at the movies/cinema this afternoon. Some newer anime fans might find the character designs & animation dated, but very nostalgic for me very similar to the period when I first discovered  & became fascinated with anime. One of my favorite Ghibli films & heroines.

Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, along with Laputa Castle in the Sky are my favourite Ghibli films and very high on my list of favourite anime films.

• Like 1

Today I finished rewatching one of my favourite anime series, Someday's Dreamers. This series has excellent artwork and animation, a great storyline, an interesting and believable cast of characters and some really beautiful background music.  I've lost track of how many times I've watched this series, but I really enjoy watching it every time I do.

I just watched Ooku...and having read a goodly part of the manga, I'm a little mixed on how I feel.

I'm sure it boils down to time and funding, but some of CGI made serious parts a bit silly. Overall, I did enjoy the anime, but I do think some scenes were rushed, others kinda...linger too long. Hm...not sure if that makes sense.

Also been slowly re-watching Magic Knight Rayearth. It's delightful XD (It's free on YouTube. Huzzah!)

Uh...I really want to watch that Oshi No Ko. Not sure where to find it. (Sorry, I'm not in here as much as I'd like to be XD)

A grumbly rant that's not particularly relevant.

Spoiler

I wish Crunchy Roll hadn't put most of their stuff behind a paywall. I used to (re)watch stuff like Gundum Wing and the like while dealing with their ads. I'm so out of the loop now, I feel a bit bummed. Netflix cuts corners, I think (no citations), and I miss the general feel of hand drawn anime. Not to crap on digital works. I enjoy them, too. There's just something...I don't know that I'd say "nostalgic," but there's a definite feel that is sometimes lost. I just miss it. 

Make way for the new, but also there's room for the old techniques.

I tried watching My Love Story with Yamada-kun at Level999, I tried, but I just couldn't get into it. I don't think it's a bad series, but I think you really need to be a gamer, or at least have some understanding of the gamer world to follow the story.

1 hour ago, Animedragon said:

I tried watching My Love Story with Yamada-kun at Level999, I tried, but I just couldn't get into it. I don't think it's a bad series, but I think you really need to be a gamer, or at least have some understanding of the gamer world to follow the story.

I just finished that.  I waited for it to get going but it never really did.  I thought the ending was boring.  Not exactly bad overall but not worth the time to watch, given the wishy-washy ending.  (Maybe they're planning to save it with another season?  But after this one I probably wouldn't watch it.)  For people interested in that sort of thing I thought Wotakoi was more fun.

BTW, I consider myself a gamer.  It didn't really help.  :)

Edited by efaardvark
  • Like 2

On 7/16/2023 at 9:34 PM, Bulleje76 said:

Watching The God of High School. Not my normal anime. Curious

Now at ep 2

Wanted to give a small review. 

I like the action, i like the pace, i really like the quality of drawing. I loved ep 1 till 6. But then they try to finish the story to fast with many sub layers. The last episodes went all over the place. Is it DBZ, is it naruto, is it a martial art? I am confused. 6.5/10 for me

Hi all, long time no post, my old PC fan bit the dust and I never got the account set up on the new PC. Luckily got a replacement fan, as I need the Old PC back for files and stuff I still had locked away on the memory drive.

I don't really remember the last thing I'd been watching around the time the PC crashed, but this month watched Fate/Strange Fake when it released and then watched the Sinner of the System movies right in time for Psycho Pass Providence coming out start of next month in UK theaters. 

OK finally
i am at the last arc   /  current arc of One Piece  the arc of wano 
after sitting and watching  all of big mom/Cake Island  

and a very short  

Levely

island
Reverie

the arch   that brought all  The pals  of   The Straw Hats crew All meeting  each other for the first  time

while all the leaders and  good guys  formed 'The Revolutionary Army  Meeting
but who are those five  Old Dudes  All Sitting in one room they look dressed for the world Govt
this  wano arc will  be exciting

Watched the first episode of "Insomniacs after school". Pretty good start for an adaptation of a great romance manga.