Do you play games? What kind?

Greeneyes

Do you play games? Yes no? What kind? Computer, console, board games? Whats your favorite and why? What Genre?

Personally I like FPS (first Person Shooter)

Strategic games

MMO's

RPG's

Mainly the ones above, some of the games I've played and currently play include:

CSGO, Minecraft, Black Dessert Online, New World Alpha, Halo, ArchAge, Garry's

Mod, Guns of Icarus, Total War, The Forest, Vindictus, Osu, War Thunder, Arma

Elder Scrolls, etc.

• Like 1

Moved this to the gaming forum.

As far as what types of games that I play. I love to play pretty much everything though my go to seems to be VNs. Dating Sims, and JRPGs. Though I love retro console games such as the Rare Ware stuff from the N64, and Mario Bros from NES. I honestly like pretty much anything except maybe shooters. Though I have been getting into series like Halo, Gears of War, and COD lately so this may change.

I do want to mention far as MMOs go I do like them, but really just have not found one I truly want to devote that much time to. I used to play Ruinscape, and WOW. Once upon a time I tried my hand at LOL as well. None of them were really for me so I found myself turning back to the Japanese type games very quickly. With that said though I do like Blizzard's older stuff like Warcraft, and Starcraft. The second Starcraft is probably my favorite game by them along with Diablo IIII.

I also love PC emulators for consoles from anything from NES to portables, and right up to the modern consoles out now. I do however want to one day start collecting consoles again.

That pretty much sums it up for video gaming.

RP is a even more big part of me, or as big I suppose as video gaming, but still very much important.

Board games like D&D, and Vast are also really fun along with a verity of other resource management games as well.

So ya I am a gamer through, and through.

4 minutes ago, Comvex said:

When I was a kid I played a lot of simcity4 ,and magic the gathering

I loved the sims of all kinds though all the sim city games held a place in my heart. Have you plated any of the other sim city titles like 3000, or 2000?

• Agree 1

Ive played 2000 ,but oddly enough I've never heard of 3000

1 minute ago, ArchieKun said:

I loved the sims of all kinds though all the sim city games held a place in my heart. Have you plated any of the other sim city titles like 3000, or 2000?

2 minutes ago, Comvex said:

Ive played 2000 ,but oddly enough I've never heard of 3000

The first one I played was on the SNES not even kidding. Apart from 4000 I still think that one is the best at least in the sim city games. As far as for the Sims itself that would be 2, and 3.

27 minutes ago, ArchieKun said:

I've played pretty much all the Sim* games, including things like SimAnt, though I never really got into The Sims.  SimCity though.. that was an addiction.  I think SC3k was the last version before I swore off EA titles, but I had/have that or earlier versions on virtually every computer I've ever owned.   I played the original, Maxis-distributed SC on the Amiga 1000 back in the day, and I even had a version for the Palm Pilot.  I have SimCityDS for my handheld, and I might even still have a working copy of SC3k on linux.  So many hours of my life were sucked away by that game!

I usually prefer either in depth strategy games and jrpgs.  Personal favorites include: Persona 5, Trails of Cold Steel Series, and Utawarerumono Mask Series.  Very rarely play online games, but a few of them are Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion, Age of Empires II, and 100% Orange Juice.  Very rarely will I pick PC over console unless the game was made with the PC in mind and isn't just a port.

Mostly grand-strategy games (the Paradox games, Total War, etc. ...) and RPGs (the older TES games, and CRPGs), sometimes some VNs and building games (I user the Stronghold games to create maps and castles, and sometimes play some Sim City 2000/4), and I used to play a lot of JRPGs but not so much anymore. (well - I haven't played much lately in general.)

I sometimes play a few rounds Magic the Gathering, and rarely some chess, with a friend.

I've never been a fan of MMOs, nor shooters --I usually play single player games-- and the only online shooters I've played excessively were Verdun and Tannenberg, both games from the WW1 1914-1918 series.

As someone who wants to do game development as a career, naturally I've played a fair bunch of games in my life.  I grew up playing Pokemon games, religiously buying one of the two games they'd release every now and then, and playing with Yu Gi Oh cards.  When I was 13/14 I played Magic the Gathering for the first time since my Dad collected a lot of the cards from the 2nd edition ever released.  I found some friends who played it and played with them but used the old cards that I had from my Dad.  In the past couple months I've gotten back into Magic the Gathering since I found some more people who enjoy it in College.  I started playing MTG Arena on the PC too.

The most notable game that I played between the age of 12-16 was Minecraft.  It was when it was at it's most popular and I made a lot of friends on it that I will probably keep talking to for years to come.  I've drifted away from it now, however.

My most activate game aside from MTG Arena right now is Onmyoji.  I also play Touhou games now and then.

I used to play Call of Duty World at War and Modern Warfare 2 a lot on the Xbox 360, but I no longer use consoles.

I love games, video games or board games or card games. Games in general always have an appealing type of entertainment form. Love Xbox of course and I don't mind any genre personally love anything that'll keep me interested and engaged. Love Cards against the humanity always fun to play *cough cough* tehehe and gotta appreciate monopoly too of course. Tehehe.

16 hours ago, Comvex said:

EA doesn't make games like they use to :(

*cough*SWbattlefront 2 *cough*

I actually love EA games and star wars  battletront 2 :)

As for the rest of the thread :)

I love video games, been playing them my whole life, started with an old acorn PC and a PlayStation.

Crash bandicoot, Spyro, croc, Abe's oddessy, gran tourismo, ace combat, we're all big parts of my life.

Now days I don't play as much a I used too, but the games I enjoy are things like

Assassins Creed

Dynasty Warriors 

Wipeout (Especially in VR)

Shadow of the colossus 

I find I just don't have the patience to play massive games and RPG's anymore.

To me there is just too much to do in games now that most modern games feel like a chore rather than fun.

I think gaming has lost it's focus and it's fun. It's all about showing off graphics and who has more power than actually about the games. 

Edited by IntoMyWorld

2 hours ago, IntoMyWorld said:

I actually love EA games and star wars  battletront 2 :)

As for the rest of the thread :)

I love video games, been playing them my whole life, started with an old acorn PC and a PlayStation.

Crash bandicoot, Spyro, croc, Abe's oddessy, gran tourismo, ace combat, we're all big parts of my life.

Now days I don't play as much a I used too, but the games I enjoy are things like

Assassins Creed

Dynasty Warriors 

Wipeout (Especially in VR)

Shadow of the colossus 

I find I just don't have the patience to play massive games and RPG's anymore.

To me there is just too much to do in games now that most modern games feel like a chore rather than fun.

I think gaming has lost it's focus and it's fun. It's all about showing off graphics and who has more power than actually about the games. 

Yeah I agree but EA does push a lot more purchases  On people which give the company a very bad reputation among fans .

I play pretty much everything. Have ever since I was a kid really. However, I do tend to avoid games where the development or the developers are involved in some anti-consumer practices, like mobile games that basically force microtransactions down your throat or anything made by David Cage and Quantic Dream considering they lost a lawsuit against a former employee for bad practices and all that came from that. As long as issues do get cleared up later though, I'm open to giving any games a chance. My thing is stay away until someone is cleared, if they are, then I can enjoy their stuff again, but I don't want to support a company who might be doing something wrong. 

Generally, I play RPG's since they are my favorite genre, but as long as a game is good, and there's isn't some moral ambiguity issues involved, I'm willing to try pretty much everything. 

As for the whole EA thing, it's a lot more complicated than that. They tried to push mobile game practices on a full priced game, and were willing to break the law in certain countries just to keep their microtransactions in FIFA 19. They also bully the hell out of other companies and are a games as a service type of developer. The hate against them is all pretty much justified.  

• Agree 1

EA isn't the only one, but they're where I personally drew the line.  Them and Sony (for the rootkit fiasco) are the only gaming companies that I outright boycott, but most of the other big companies are on my shit-list too for one reason or another, including MSFT and Bethesda, among others.  When a big-name company releases a title (or even an "update") it is always a money-grab, first and foremost.  After a while the content and game play even begins to look & feel the same among the top brands.  (Which makes sense, since there's only one top-grossing formula to converge on after all.) The most fun I've had in gaming has always been with the smaller-company titles, and in my experience it has never been a good thing when an indie/small company title gets bought by one of the big names.  (A moment of silence for my KSP, now owned by Take Two. :()  Steam is the best thing to come along in years IMHO, but even Valve has their (growing list of) controls and limitations that they impose on the developers they support.  All IMHO, YMMV, etc.

On 11/20/2018 at 6:27 AM, RepentantSky said:

I play pretty much everything. Have ever since I was a kid really. However, I do tend to avoid games where the development or the developers are involved in some anti-consumer practices, like mobile games that basically force microtransactions down your throat or anything made by David Cage and Quantic Dream considering they lost a lawsuit against a former employee for bad practices and all that came from that. As long as issues do get cleared up later though, I'm open to giving any games a chance. My thing is stay away until someone is cleared, if they are, then I can enjoy their stuff again, but I don't want to support a company who might be doing something wrong. 

Generally, I play RPG's since they are my favorite genre, but as long as a game is good, and there's isn't some moral ambiguity issues involved, I'm willing to try pretty much everything. 

As for the whole EA thing, it's a lot more complicated than that. They tried to push mobile game practices on a full priced game, and were willing to break the law in certain countries just to keep their microtransactions in FIFA 19. They also bully the hell out of other companies and are a games as a service type of developer. The hate against them is all pretty much justified.  

RPGs are just the best for me to. They are just so much fun seeing the story unwind even in a turn based game. Honestly despite a lot of people's opinion of turn based now days they are still by far my favorite.

In terms of EA figures honestly that they would go that far. They always have been very money hungry after all.

45 minutes ago, PenguinO said:

Turn based games are good and are usually fair for multiplayer.

I agree with you here forsure. Though its just a shame that there are not to many turn based games with co-op anymore.

On 11/21/2018 at 2:44 PM, efaardvark said:

EA isn't the only one, but they're where I personally drew the line.  Them and Sony (for the rootkit fiasco) are the only gaming companies that I outright boycott, but most of the other big companies are on my shit-list too for one reason or another, including MSFT and Bethesda, among others.  When a big-name company releases a title (or even an "update") it is always a money-grab, first and foremost.  After a while the content and game play even begins to look & feel the same among the top brands.  (Which makes sense, since there's only one top-grossing formula to converge on after all.) The most fun I've had in gaming has always been with the smaller-company titles, and in my experience it has never been a good thing when an indie/small company title gets bought by one of the big names.  (A moment of silence for my KSP, now owned by Take Two. :()  Steam is the best thing to come along in years IMHO, but even Valve has their (growing list of) controls and limitations that they impose on the developers they support.  All IMHO, YMMV, etc.

I'm not sure why you'd boycott Sony. They were the ones keeping the industry afloat outside of baseless phone games while the Wii U was trying and failing to get off the ground and Xbox was having all of it's issues with launch date controversies. True, they have their issues, like porting bad free to play games on the PS4, or the whole name change thing, but since they've allowed people to use their Fortnite accounts on other systems, are starting on cross-play, and are slowly working towards name changes, they are mostly on the rise. Meanwhile Xbox seems to have given up on this generation as everything they are doing seems to be setting up for the next one since they failed so badly this around. Meanwhile, even though the Switch is a good console, Nintendo still managed to muck up the online service instead of just allowing everyone to buy the old games they want via virtual console, they still have a weak amount of storage space, and are overcharging of their personally branded USD cards, Nintendo Labo is a joke to all fans of games, they still have a Cartridge tax of sorts, and their hyper-focusing of one game at a time makes everything else they do seem unimportant and uninteresting to them, making it hard to get excited about anything that isn't that getting that focus. Sadly, PC gaming is running into problems to as many developers are starting to follow suit for EA, and are only selling certain games on their downgraded versions of steam which never work nearly as well. Bethesda did it with Fallout 76, and made it unclear whether every PC port or version of games they release will even be on steam. 

Speaking of Bethesda, they, EA and Quantic Dream are the only companies I have boycotted, though the latter does have a chance to save face if all the complaints and the case they lost end or turn out to be a one time thing. Bethesda though, they are a bad company. The rumors they intentionally ignored about them stealing the rights for Prey, only to bully another indie developer into changing their game's name to Praey for the Gods, the fact that they called out EA last year at E3 with the save single player games ad while developing Fallout 76, donating to the ESA's scholarship program, all to avoid people talking about their Creation Club, which was nothing but lies and an attempt to scam people out of money for mods, calling out Sony for their lack of cross-play affecting Fallout 76, only to say later they never had plans for it, releasing Skyrim as a buggy mess and accepting the game of the year reward before fixing it, which likely led to 2014, where a bunch of games came out unfinished, with the intent to fix them later. The fact that they were once asked about their outdated engine and if they were going to update it,, only to say they were too busy making games to fix it, which was a very direct way of saying they were too busy making money to address any concerns of fans, Bethesda is garbage, but because they bought out and changed Elder Scrolls and Fallout, no one seems to care. As far as I'm concerned, they stand a small step above EA in the area moral high ground. Quantic Dream has been accused of harassing, overworking, and allowing pictures of all kinds of unsettling images and NSFW sorts of things being shown around the office. The guy who first reported it was blacklisted by Sony, which does have me worried, especially since we never found who at Sony did it, but the fact that Quantic Dream already lost a case against a former employee says that something is going on. EA is bad, a lot of companies are bad, I'd even say 2K probably forced the controversy about RDR2 having it's devs overworked just because they are Rockstar's parent company, has some ground to stand on, which is one of the reasons why I didn't buy the game, because my philosophy is back away until we know, and then go back if it everything turns out fine. There's a lot of corruption out there, but I don't think Sony is the worst of it, at least not on their game front. Can't be sure how many former Sony Pictures and Sony Music employees, actors and artists might eventually come out with their own MeToo stories, but that's just speculation.   

Edited by RepentantSky