How many animes have you watched already?

Shitacles

I couldn't even begin to say how many anime shows I've seen over the years.  It seems I've been watching them since forever.  I was watching things like the original Speed Racer (late 60s? early 70s?) as part of my saturday morning cartoon ritual when I was a pre-teen, and I never really stopped.  It really accelerated since the 'net came along too.  I try to at least start every new anime that comes out every year.  I don't finish all of them to be sure, but even so we're talking maybe half a dozen per season for the past couple/few decades, plus the occasional movie.   I'm sure it is several hundred by now, at least.  (Even more if we include the non-japanese animated series like Space Angel, Valley of the Dinosaurs, Thundercats, Dangermouse, Pinkie and Brain, etc.)

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

13 hours ago, Shitacles said:

I've been counting and listing all the animes I've finished watching and by far I have watched about 163 animes. How bout you?

13 hours ago, Wodahs said:

I have 459 confirmed finishes on my MAL list and I had watched a fair amount prier to making the list so its higher again 

'm adding them as I remember or rewatch them

12 hours ago, chareexnicole said:

I'm on the newer side so I've only finished 46 animes thus far!

11 hours ago, Alina Corde said:

Just over 300 atm but that's mainly because I end up reading more manga in my spare time

16 minutes ago, efaardvark said:

I couldn't even begin to say how many anime shows I've seen over the years.  It seems I've been watching them since forever.  I was watching things like the original Speed Racer (late 60s? early 70s?) as part of my saturday morning cartoon ritual when I was a pre-teen, and I never really stopped.  It really accelerated since the 'net came along too.  I try to at least start every new anime that comes out every year.  I don't finish all of them to be sure, but even so we're talking maybe half a dozen per season for the past couple/few decades, plus the occasional movie.   I'm sure it is several hundred by now, at least.  (Even more if we include the non-japanese animated series like Space Angel, Valley of the Dinosaurs, Thundercats, Dangermouse, Pinkie and Brain, etc.)

How many of those are second seasons movies of an anime or OVAs etc. I count just the anime if it has a second season its still 1. 

I have seen over 180 anime if you added second seasons and movies ovas probably 280..

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

54 minutes ago, efaardvark said:

I'm sure it is several hundred by now, at least.  (Even more if we include the non-japanese animated series like Speed Racer, Space Angel, Valley of the Dinosaurs, Thundercats, Dangermouse, Pinkie and Brain, etc.)

ohhhh of we going to go there then you have to add

Scooby-Doo, Super Friends, Hong Kong Phooey, the Flintstones, The Jetsons, The Pink Panther, Jonny Quest, Yogi Bear, Underdog, Wacky Races, Fat Albert, Popeye, Speed Buggy, Space Ghost, Quick Draw McGraw, The Woody Woodpecker Show, Jabberjaw, Land of the Lost, Josie and the Pussycats, Archie, The Magilla Gorilla Show, Captain Caveman, Top Cat and Tarzan to name a few more but this list could even be longer

oh and I almost forgot the original astroboy, voltron and Transformers

Edited by Wodahs
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome (Sugoi) 1

In the past, what, 18 years since I first ever started watching anime?

Cor blimey! Now you’re asking! Lol! Absolutely countless amounts of them! 

Seriously though, I honestly couldn’t even begin to tell you just how many! 

• Funny 1

17 minutes ago, Wodahs said:

Scooby-Doo, Super Friends .....[.....] this list could even be longer

Yeah.  Billions and Billions.  :D I was partial to the science fictiony ones like Space Angel and Jonny Quest (which will be forever conflated in my mind with the Tom Swift books that I blazed through at about the same time) even back then.  I was born in '64 so anything with rockets, rocket planes, jets, etc. was new and wonderful to me in the late 60s, early 70s, especially with a backdrop of real-world events like Apollo going on.

• Informative 1

I lost count somewhere around 450 sometime in 2012 so I guess over 500 at this point. I watched 200 of those in 2010 because I became obsessed with short 12 to 13 episode shows and watched several of them a day for a few months. 

Edited by RepentantSky
  • Awesome (Sugoi) 1

No idea. I know how many I own but no clue how many I've watched on Netflix and hulu or on tv. To this day, I still buy anime that strikes me as "really interesting looking" from the cover art only to realize halfway through that I saw it years and years ago.  Happens with books too lol...I'm a mess!

• Funny 1

31 minutes ago, Beocat said:

No idea. I know how many I own but no clue how many I've watched on Netflix and hulu or on tv. To this day, I still buy anime that strikes me as "really interesting looking" from the cover art only to realize halfway through that I saw it years and years ago.  Happens with books too lol...I'm a mess!

I do that as well. Sometimes I'll watch an anime that looks interesting, or that I even dropped and realize that it's one I've seen already. It's kind of a problem actually. 

• Silly 1

11 hours ago, Estatia said:

How many of those are second seasons movies of an anime or OVAs etc. I count just the anime if it has a second season its still 1. 

I have seen over 180 anime if you added second seasons and movies ovas probably 280..

I don't think I'm really counting the second seasons, movies or OVAs so I've probably watched quite a lot more than 300 seasons and stuff (I haven't really had the time to count all of them up..)

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 7:37 AM, efaardvark said:

I was born in '64 so anything with rockets, rocket planes, jets, etc. was new and wonderful to me in the late 60s, early 70s, especially with a backdrop of real-world events like Apollo going on.

is that why I also liked things like battle star galactica , buck Rodgers and sky captain and the world of tomorrow but still you have a few on me but only a few

Big numbers here… since I'm not such a veteran like you people, I can roughly go over ten… If I count well, I have watched a total of 12 in fact, just noticed, and I'm not even done watching two of them, you may expel me now ;-;

35 minutes ago, Roxeg said:

Big numbers here… since I'm not such a veteran like you people, I can roughly go over ten… If I count well, I have watched a total of 12 in fact, just noticed, and I'm not even done watching two of them, you may expel me now ;-;

Well, we all started out at zero....I think in another 3 years you'll have quite a few series behind you. ;). Keep watching and enjoying it. It isn't the number that matters, but whether you enjoyed the experience after all :)

• Agree 2
  • Friendly 2

7 hours ago, Beocat said:

Well, we all started out at zero....I think in another 3 years you'll have quite a few series behind you. ;). Keep watching and enjoying it. It isn't the number that matters, but whether you enjoyed the experience after all :)

Aye, of course, eventually (^~^)

Um, let's see. If I only count ones that I have finished, nine. Including the ones I'm not done with, twelve. Including the ones I watched enough of to say I "used to watch" and not just "I tried", but dropped for one reason or another, seventeen.

*eighteen- - wait *nineteen

Edited by A Warp Clone
Forgot Cory in the House and Saru Getchu

On 3/10/2018 at 4:09 PM, efaardvark said:

Same here...I've watched so many titles I can't keep track of them all. Currently the count is around 400 +/- based on the titles I've watched since I've started keeping track. Though I never did watch "Speed Racer" because it was a little too...well just not my cup of tea. o.O 

On 3/10/2018 at 4:09 PM, efaardvark said:

So we need to start a club then called "The OG Anime Gansta's" and get jackets. :D