What anime are you watching now?

Optic

39 minutes ago, Ohiotaku said:

Personally I would have gotten tired of that series if not for the segments of the trio of girls giving a bit of variety (Mina aka Eyebrows was best)

It was kind of slow in places.  Might have worked better as a short-form series with maybe 10-minute episodes, a-la Tonari no Seki-kun.

I just finished RErideD ... well at least I don't find Steins Gate 0 such a disappointment anymore & now I have 2 days a week to catch up on my anime backlog.

Edited by Ohiotaku

I watched the movie Perfect Blue today, total mind trip! Highly recommended if you want to lose your mind. I watched the dubbed version, but like most other anime, subbed is the way to go. Dubbed was just the best version I found.

image.jpg

• Like 1

Just finished Durarara!!x2 Ten - basically watched  all three seasons of Durarara!! consecutively and I like them. The first season was my favorite --the series got a bit weaker IMO afte it-- and I wasn't much a fan of the ending but overall, it was a great show! The story-telling had something Baccano!!-esque  at first and the cast was diverse and interesting  though some lacked depth.

Now continuing with Megalo Box - heard lots of great things of it when it aired. And I think it's might first boxer anime,

• Like 1

Just finished 7 Deadly Sins: Revival of the Commandments. My thoughts:

Pros:
provided some much needed background on the characters & their world
the signature vices & virtues are incorporated in interesting ways into the characters' personalities, motives & abilities
Escanor, Ban, Diane, Merlyn & King are some of my favorite characters from any series

Cons:
multiple instances where it felt like something was skipped over (no explanation for WHY certain things happened or what the significance was)
repeated recoveries from fatal injuries resulted in most battles feeling anticlimactic
attempts at humor fell flat more often than not
Gowther, Melodias, Elizabeth & Hawk are some of my least favorite characters of any series

Bottom Line: manages to be interesting & entertaining enough to distinguish itself among the multitude of other shonen series, but it's flaws are too numerous & frequent to fully ignore. I would watch another season, but it will most likely be years down the road, especially if Netflix continues to hold the streaming rights.

Wow ... I binged through Megalo Box and Black Lagoon Roberta's Blood Trail in more or less a night (plus the evening before) Considering that I have two exams next week, this might not have been a smart decision (Srsly,  I just wanted to watch the first two eps of MB after a few days of nothing but studying, and then...)... but I guess you could say I liked both >.<

Anyways, Devil Man Crybaby next - but I won't start watching it until next week-end just to be safe...

Decided to give As Miss Beelzebub Likes It another chance since Miss Vampire Who Lives in my Neighborhood & Anima Yell are alright, but not really meeting my weekly need for cuteness. It's actually more entertaining now that there are more characters and I'm getting to like Mullin & Beelzeboobs better now.

13 hours ago, KeilynLocke said:

Now that I'm current on Black Clover, I'm kinda lost as to what to watch next.

If you have Netflix & haven't seen it yet, you might try 7 Deadly Sins as it has some similarities to Black Clover

5 hours ago, Ohiotaku said:

Decided to give As Miss Beelzebub Likes It another chance since Miss Vampire Who Lives in my Neighborhood & Anima Yell are alright, but not really meeting my weekly need for cuteness. It's actually more entertaining now that there are more characters and I'm getting to like Mullin & Beelzeboobs better now.

If you have Netflix & haven't seen it yet, you might try 7 Deadly Sins as it has some similarities to Black Clover

I've actually kinda been not watching that series out of choice. I'm not sure why, but a part of me really doesn't wanna watch it. Not sure why that is.

Just finished Devilman Crybaby - and I can't say what I think of it. I liked the first half somewhat but the last three episodes were just a mess, IMO. Overall, everything felt rushed --not fast paced but rushed-- the characters felt bland which destroyed the emotional moments... But I liked the artstyle and music.

Now watching Stein:Gate 0. I'm looking forward to it, since I like the first anime, but I did hear some criticism for it...

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished episode 3 of Sirius the Jaeger on Netflix. My initial impression was that it would be just your typical vampire hunter series, but Yuily's characterization already has me emotionally invested (the ED is particularly bittersweet once you realize what it represents). And in addition to incorporating vampires & werewolves, it seems like the Frankenstein mythos will also figure into things

On the advice of @ArchieKun, I started watching Blue Gender. Only 8 episodes in but I'm into it for sure. One thing though, the main character has one of the most unflattering hairdos of any protagonist I've seen. All I see is Seth Green circa the first Austin Powers movie, lol.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Nono
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nono said:

Blue Gender

It took me a while to get into it too, but by the time I got halfway I was liking it.  I didn't like the ending much though.  I kept wondering why the Second Earth people kept trying to recolonize Earth.  I mean, they could literally go anywhere but that one place, but they just kept wasting resources trying to go back, and eventually.. well, I won't spoil it, but they were idiots.  There's apparently a version out there with an alternate ending that I've tried (unsuccessfully) to find.  Maybe I'd like that one better.

And yeah, I found the hair thing amusing as well.  :)

• Informative 1

5 hours ago, Nono said:

On the advice of @ArchieKun, I started watching Blue Gender. Only 8 episodes in but I'm into it for sure. One thing though, the main character has one of the most unflattering hairdos of any protagonist I've seen. All I see is Seth Green circa the first Austin Powers movie, lol.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Yah his hair is odd to be sure never cared for him as a character much compared to most of the others if I am honest/

• Like 1

With most of Fall's series concluded & Winter's shows not starting in earnest for another week, I'm going to finish up Hi Score Girl & As Miss Beelzebub Likes It both of which I'm finding entertaining. Then, time permitting, I'll probably give SSSS Gridman & Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunnygirl-senpai a 2nd chance (I dropped both early on for not holding my interest, but they apparently still have a number of fans)

• 3 weeks later...

Watched the anime movie, Fireworks by Studio Ghibli. Haven't found an anime by them that I don't lke.

Watching a bit of Zatchbell. Two reasons; nostalgia and because I can't remember what it was about.

Still watching Peacemaker Kurogane every chance I can get.