Cartoons that you've watched..

KeyDee

47 minutes ago, Beocat said:

Haha, I do like obscure stuff but I was thrilled when they rereleased it recently. Have my copy in my anime collection now, I regard it so highly. Did you ever see Invasion America? I think it got one run in my area, no reruns, but I thought it was great at the time. Nimoy did some voice acting for it too though you rarely see it credited go him as he was a side character. I'd pull up a trailer of it to post but I'm at work right now and that would doubtlessly not be missed by my coworkers. 🙂

Dude this is the second cartoon you named i don't recall seeing. Who are you? You must be some cartoon King of the 90's. To make this worse, this cartoon was on the wb! I know cartoons from the wb like crazy! Maybe i did see it but didn't pay any attention. I doubt it though since like i said i can remember cartoons as far back as 6. I don't recall this one. 

2 hours ago, Crevanille said:

Dude this is the second cartoon you named i don't recall seeing. Who are you? You must be some cartoon King of the 90's. To make this worse, this cartoon was on the wb! I know cartoons from the wb like crazy! Maybe i did see it but didn't pay any attention. I doubt it though since like i said i can remember cartoons as far back as 6. I don't recall this one. 

^_^ I just really loved watching cartoons back then. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Beocat said:

^_^ I just really loved watching cartoons back then. 

So do I! I'm a cartoon guru. Specifically 90's cartoons. I-to this day-To this day! Still watch cartoons. Like you wouldn't believe. Man we had the best cartoons in the 90's. 😄

• Like 1

said:

So do I! I'm a cartoon guru. Specifically 90's cartoons. I-to this day-To this day! Still watch cartoons. Like you wouldn't believe. Man we had the best cartoons in the 90's. 😄

They were pretty good back then. These days I stick to shows like Futurama since my time for watching them is far more limited. I felt actually that for a while the animation was improving, and actually starting to head in the direction of Japan's level of animation.  These days...not so much lol... but some are still really good :) what were your feelings on shows like Reboot?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2019 at 9:11 PM, Beocat said:

what were your feelings on shows like Reboot?

Ha. That's another show I've not heard of. I honestly thought i knew a good portion of cartoons but apparently not. You could probably draw up a list of cartoons you've watched that i haven't heard of because up until now there were many cartoons i thought i knew about in the late 90's and early 2000's.

• 6 months later...

I used to watch a lot more cartoons than I do now lol. I still watch South Park, Family Guy, American Dad, The Simpsons, Hey Arnold and Doug when I see them on. Used to watch things like Recess, Code Name Kids Next Door, Ed, Edd and Eddy, Rugrats, Rocko's Modern Life, Angry Beavers, Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers, DuckTales, Tale Spin, and Totally Spies. 

• Like 1
  • Awesome (Sugoi) 1

19 minutes ago, Asuna Yuki said:

I used to watch a lot more cartoons than I do now lol. I still watch South Park, Family Guy, American Dad, The Simpsons, Hey Arnold and Doug when I see them on. Used to watch things like Recess, Code Name Kids Next Door, Ed, Edd and Eddy, Rugrats, Rocko's Modern Life, Angry Beavers, Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers, DuckTales, Tale Spin, and Totally Spies. 

I grew up on these! Not to forget Rocket Power! Doug, The Fairly Odd Parents, and CatDog. Lots of laughs. Really loved Hey Arnold, Ed, Edd and Eddy, Rocko (Still have every episode!) and Recess.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Seshi said:

I grew up on these! Not to forget Rocket Power! Doug, The Fairly Odd Parents, and CatDog. Lots of laughs. Really loved Hey Arnold, Ed, Edd and Eddy, Rocko (Still have every episode!) and Recess.

Ohhhh yeah Rocket Power was great ^^ That was one I always watched too. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Crevanille said:

Did you guys see the last page of all the cartoons i posted? XD

I had quite a few of them. :) 

Yes! Samurai Jack!!!!! Back to the past.. Back to the past with Samurai Jack 😛 Courage the cowardly dog was great too.

Since you brought up little little kid cartoons, I used to love Dragon Tails and Sagwa lol

I still watch the simpsons, King of the Hill, and I'd watch Futurama if I saw it on.

• Like 1
  • Awesome (Sugoi) 1

I've watched King of the Hill, Simpsons, South Park. Some of the earlier ones I remember were Xiaolin Showdown, X-Men when they were kids that were in highschool it was a cartoon. Uhh I have seen a few Rugrats and Ren and Stimpy.

• Friendly 1

I don't really watch cartoons anymore but when I did

GI joe

Transformers

Thundercats

Sliver Hawks

Jace and the Wheeled warriors

Mighty Max

Danger Mouse

TMNT 90s

Simpsons 90s

Johny Bravo

Dexters Lab

2 stupid dogs

ren and stimpy

secret squirrel

space ghost coast to coast 

aqua teen hunger force

beavis and butthead

Doctor Katz

Batman 90s

Spiderman 90s

Xmen

Superman 90s

Justice league 

Justice league unlimited 

teen titans

After that I just stop watching TV and cartoons. 

Edited by Serge heartless

I don't think i could ever stop watching cartoons. It's pretty much all I watch aside from anime. I don't watch new age cartoons but I do love the old ones from the 90's and 2000's.

Is it just me or do all the 2000s cartoons look all the same? It looks like they are all trying to use the same color palettes. 

Ive looked some newer stuff, but it just looks really the same, really bright colors, and pretty much all newer cartoons are going for a comedy style.  Didn't see too much dark themed stuff like GI Joe or Transformers, were its more serious. Even 90s had really adult themed cartoons like Batman and Xmen. I also noticed that the 2000 cartoons, pretty much always have characters that have  0 common sense. Maybe I'm just getting to old for cartoons. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/28/2019 at 4:15 AM, Serge heartless said:

Is it just me or do all the 2000s cartoons look all the same? It looks like they are all trying to use the same color palettes. 

Ive looked some newer stuff, but it just looks really the same, really bright colors, and pretty much all newer cartoons are going for a comedy style.  Didn't see too much dark themed stuff like GI Joe or Transformers, were its more serious. Even 90s had really adult themed cartoons like Batman and Xmen. I also noticed that the 2000 cartoons, pretty much always have characters that have  0 common sense. Maybe I'm just getting to old for cartoons. 

I think people are still telling serious stories but now a days wrap it in a slice of life burrito. I haven't noticed any shows that is out and out dark and moody like a few of the 90s cartoons. I think it started with Adventure Time, a lot of goofy adventures but some serious stuff mixed in. 

On 8/12/2019 at 2:28 PM, Sky_pelt said:

I think people are still telling serious stories but now a days wrap it in a slice of life burrito. I haven't noticed any shows that is out and out dark and moody like a few of the 90s cartoons. I think it started with Adventure Time, a lot of goofy adventures but some serious stuff mixed in. 

Im not sure if adventure time started with the characters having no common sense, and having bright colors. Though sponge bob might have started this.  Then I noticed every main character in the 2000s and up all act like sponge bob.

Personally Spongebob felt like an attempt to imitate/pay homage to the slapstick cartoons I grew up watching. Adventure Time felt like a pioneer of the random is supposed to equal funny philosophy. Then they tried to attach some sort of continuity/mythos to it with mixed results IMO. Plus it got way too bogged down in trying to be metaphysical. Series like Regular Show & OK KO basically followed the same pattern. I think Steven Universe managed to do a better job at eventually forming a coherent story, but still inferior to your average anime.

Edited by Ohiotaku

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Cartoons are where it all began with me. Some of my favorites are:

Rocko's Modern Life

Rugrats

Ren and Stimpy

Batman the New Advantures

Teen Titans

TaleSpin

DuckTales

Reboot

PowerPuff Girls

Samurai Jack

Dexter's Laboratory

The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy

Muppet Babies

The Real Ghostbusters

Thunder Cats

Scooby Doo

Pirates of Dark Water

Courage The Cowardly Dog

• Like 1

im seein a lotta futurama in the replies, high five

my favorites are also futurama, south park, spongebob, and the moomins ;; there are a lot others that i enjoyed growing up but these are the ones that i stick to even today.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

First of all Spongebob 

Courage the cowardly dog

The regular show

The simpsons

The family guy

Fish and hooks

Phineas and ferb

The world of gumball

Adventure time

Rick and Morty