Do you drop anime?

drill

I usually try to give an an anime a chance by giving it three episodes, but if I can't even do that, I won't even both recording that I watched and dropped it. Most of the anime I have dropped has been while it was airing, and I probably found that waiting an entire week just waiting for an episode that I wouldn't enjoy was not worth it.

I am way to stubborn to drop an anime but I do admit t dropping 2 anime and those were steins gate , I eventually got into it and it was amazing and the second I don't even remember (which is the bane of my existence because it nags at me every day). I can't live with my self if I don't finish what I started plus I hate not giving an anime a chance to show its full story , there might be some good points in there that completely turn everything around for you.

Though I do agree waiting for a week for an episode of an anime you just don't enjoy feels like waiting to be punched in the face by your least favorite person on earth.

• Like 1

Well... I used to pretty much never, but I figured it wasn't really worth it if after 5-8 episodes I was still bored among other things, especially when it's only 1 cour. I don't like the fact that I even leave some things after just 1 episode, but for the longer ones I find that okay since I usually don't take to them nearly as easily anyway.

Sometimes it's only even the ending that annoys me so really I do finish most things... but well, yeah.

Yep, but this goes for practically anything, not just anime stuff. I will stop a series for one of two reasons...

I become bored of it...

Something prevents me from reading/watching said thing and I just can't get back into it as the initial interest I had died...

Bleach, Naruto, Detective Conan (anime), Pokemon Best Wishes, Pokemon Diamond & Pearl, and Inuyasha are examples of series I just became bored with and dropped. With Detective Conan, even though I don't watch the show anymore, and haven't since like ep 600 or so, I still try to keep up with the movies and I still keep up its manga. Speaking of movies, I'm really looking forward to DC's movie this spring.

Sonic X is a series that fit the latter. I watched seasons 1 and 2, but there weren't any Japanese original season 3 eps around...until recently and I went back to it last year after years of neglect.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I usually give an anime a chance by the first 3 episodes. After watching the first 3 episodes and I still can't find any progress or excitement to the story line or in the characters, sorry Anime I gotta say bye to you. No Hard feelings.:naughty:

All too often, yes. I don't have a specific episode-count of when I'd drop it. If I feel irritated to a certain degree, I could drop it as early as episode 1 or as late as the last few episodes (Kill la Kill at episode 21).

I watch anime to have a good time, not to sit through something frustrating. I'm not an anime reviewer, I don't get paid to watch this. So the least I could get is an enjoyable time. If not, sayonara.

Currently, my drop list is at 37 anime series. A handful of them are hentai titles with no merits in watching them, so no loss there. lol

• 3 weeks later...

I only watched anime that already have had the entire series or season released so I can watch them on my own time not worrying about waiting a week per episode. Also lets me get a heads up on what it will be like from my friends, who know what I like very well. So far, I have yet to drop a single anime.

The only anime I've ever dropped was One Piece. I simply couldn't get into it after about 16 episodes.

I can usually feel whether or not an anime has a vibe that matches what I'm looking for within the first few minutes of a series. I'll give the entirety of the first episode a chance, so I can get a feel for the pacing, presentation and overall atmosphere of the show, though if there's reason to believe it could change, that's taken into consideration, of course. I've yet to be wrong in my predictions/decisions about what I will/won't like. Every now and then I give things a full chance to the end even though my gut says it's a no-go, just because I can at least see some potential and sometimes feel bad for dropping things so easily.

• 2 months later...
The most recent would be PMMM and Cross Ange.

I was going to give Cross Ange a go as I was quite fond of some of Sunrise's previous titles, e.g. Gundam SEED and Gundam Unicorn.

What led you to drop it out of curiosity?

I'm really picky with my anime, so I rarely drop a series. But if I watch an anime, and the first episode was just really uninteresting, I drop it unconsciously:P. Basically, if I don't get hype about the next episode, it's an automatic drop.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, I watch any anime that has a nice story. But after watching a few, if I didn't like the anime, I drop it. But if my friends suggested the anime, then I mostly would force myself rather than dropping(If it's not too ecchi).

• 2 months later...

I try not to drop anime unless they annoy me A LOT. So far I've only dropped 3: Highschool of the Dead (ep 3) cause I can't stand zombies, Vampire Knight (ep2) because I was reading the manga at the same time and it freaked me out completely at some point so I noped them both (nope -> I nope, You nope etc -> I noped, You noped etc), and Lance 'n' Masques (ep 6), one of the Fall 2015 anime I started watching which is the most hideous thing I've seen after Boku no Pico.

I generally prefer to add anime to my 'on hold' list, expecially long ones, instead of dropping them completely, cause I'm really indecisive and I might pick them up again sometime (like Shugo Chara for example which I recently picked up after a year or so)

Edited by Guest
  • Agree 1

I drop anime all the time. When it comes to picking up a series I have a very open mind and try a lot of new anime for a couple of episodes. Only one thing has to catch my eye to give it a shot whether it be the art, plot, characters etc. So with giving so many shows a shot a lot of time I am dropping more anime then not.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't drooped too many anime, probably only 2. I prefer to put anime "on-hold" in case I ever decide to continue watching.

An example of this is when I first watched Steins;Gate. I put it on-hold because of the slow start, but picked it up again a few months later. Good thing I did.

I don't usually drop that many animes after I've made a start on watching them, but I did decide to drop this season's Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut and Norn9: Norn+Nonet, as they were both proving to be just not my cup of tea in an appealing storyline at all, for the first time in many months, even in the past couple of years :(

• Geano locked this topic