Do you buy DLC?

Columbus

Do you purchase DLC content?

Honestly I myself do not very often buy dlc. In fact there are two games where I bought dlc content. I don't because I don't like playing a game for too long as there are too many as it is that I would like to play and DLC is distracting. If the game comes with it. I will play it.

But that has been all. I have never bought any kind of dlc for Assassin's Creed and most games as I just mainly prefer to play the basic game and than move on to something else. DLC can get expensive from what I've found out so I just stick with the regular game most often.

It depends on the game if I liked it a lot then I get the DLC if it looks good. I've gotten DLC for games like The Witcher 3 because it was a great game and Rocket league because it supports the devs and looks cool. But usually I try and avoid DLC for games I didn't enjoy as much.

• Like 1

If I enjoy l the game and the DLC is worth it, absolutely. If it's something along the line of Call of Duty weapon skins downloads though or packs that unlock things you can obtain through normal gameplay, certainly not.

If I enjoy l the game and the DLC is worth it, absolutely. If it's something along the line of Call of Duty weapon skins downloads though or packs that unlock things you can obtain through normal gameplay, certainly not.

Same.

I have all the Hyrule Warriors, Mario Kart 8, and most of Super Smash Bro's DLC. And I don't feel like I wasted a cent.

However, keep me far away from games that JUST provide alternate skins or Micro-transactions.

I bought Puyo Puyo Tetris' DLC, and I don't regret it. That said, if you don't have the game, you'd be best off with either the PS4 or Xbone version; those two have the DLC in there.

But yeah, depends on the game and whether or not I can unlock it in normal gameplay. (though in the latter's case, Puyo Puyo Tetris was kind of an accidental exception; I can't read Japanese, okay?!)

Edited by Guest

Do you purchase DLC content?

Honestly I myself do not very often buy dlc.... ...DLC can get expensive from what I've found out so I just stick with the regular game most often.

The problem with that is nowadays game developers make it so that buying DLC is almost compulsory. Referred to as the term Pay-To-Win.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly the only DLC I've ever bought has been Smash DLC. But I do like the concept of extending gameplay or adding cool features.

Unless its EA games who give 25% gameplay and 75% DLC

>.> looking at you Battlefront

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Need to buy the Epilogue to Prince of Persia (2004) at somepoint, but yeah, I buy DLC!

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift - bought Makoto and Platinum; Final Fantasy XIII-2 - Jihl Nabaat as a summon, although I haven't managed to tame her ;); Lightning Returns - bought the Japanese voice pack; Young Justice: Legacy - bought the additional characters and costumes; DmC: Devil may Cry - bought Dante's correct hair style and colour, couldn't accept the game otherwise ;)!

I'm sure there are other series, but those are the only ones I can think of at the moment, I'm sure if I went though my purchase history on xbox live, PSN and Nintendo Store, I'd be able to name more!

However with my xbox360 and PlayStation 3 games, I disconnect the consoles, and move them to where the router is, and plug them into it; I did have one of them set up next to the router, but then we moved the router :(!

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...

I've only ever bought DLC for Fire Emblem Awakening and Fire Emblem Fates. With Awakening, it was stuff that was completely worth it! With Fates, it was two alternate Story Routes so HECK YEAH WORTH IT.

• 4 weeks later...

The majority of the time I find interest in the DLC, so I buy it. I don't feel I can just purchase the game and ignore the DLC, unless I feel the DLC isn't worth it. The DLC I purchased for Destiny was a waste of money, because I never got any value out of it; most of the DLC I ended up not being able to use.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Depends on the game, but no, I have to say I don't buy much DLC. The games I have purchased the most DLC for are god of war ascension (huge gow fan) and Little big planet.

I am however planning on buying every single DLC for the new ps3/ps4 AOT game. Sooo Hyped.

• 2 weeks later...

Like Sao said, depends on the game. But more bonus content can be rewarding, giving me more stuff to play with. Even stuff like extra costumes or extra weapons can be worth it depending on the price. More than half of the times, I would succumb to buying DLCs out of greed, just to get my hands on those extra content... sometimes without knowing if they're crap or not. lol

Nowadays though, it's hard to get me to like a video game enough to fork over extra pre-order money, let alone DLCs. I'm very picky when choosing things I like, and video games are no exceptions.

I bought all of Skyrim DLCs (they altogether costed 4 times more than the game itself) but it was worth the money because it's really awesome game and I love it.

Also most of the Saint Rows IV DLCs, just because it was on sale but I regret it now because the game isn't really that fun. (RIP money)

• 2 weeks later...

I own season passes or GOTY editions of most of the games i buy that offer it, i just like to have the whole thing when i make a purchase. I also buy things like cute costume packs and stuff because i like cute characters.

Edited by Guest
  • Agree 1

Not a huge fan of DLC. Much prefer to put it towards special or limited editions or even waiting later when the DLC is bundled after a title has been released or remastered. e.g. Valkyria Chronicles Remastered on the PS4.

• Winner 1

• 3 months later...

Depends on the DLC for me. If it's something I feel is important to the game (missing chunk of the story, xpac (like Witcher 3), higher level cap, etc) then it'll depend on how much I like the game. For instance, Borderlands 2. I still don't own any DLC for that game because I never got into it. What I will spend a bit of money on is cosmetics and much smaller DLC like Payday 2's DLC or 100% OJ's DLC. I've also bought BF4 DLC which...was a questionable purchase I guess but I really like the game so it seems worth it.

If it's something I feel like should have been in the base game to begin with I probably won't buy it period.

I do, yes.

Generally speaking, most of the games I play are niche indie titles that are put out by small (but fairly respectable) companies that I have a great deal of respect and admiration for. In these cases, I'll typically scoop up whatever DLC comes around for the sake of supporting the developers - especially given that most of my favorite games don't tend to have much in the way of 'fluff' DLC, so it's not like I'm being ripped off or anything.

When it comes to AAA titles developed by massive multinational corporations, I tend to be slightly pickier. I confess to purchasing all of the single player Mass Effect 3 content, but I skipped out on everything that had a multiplayer focus, despite being somewhat fond of the mode. I also don't mind silly things like costume packs and the like - if I'm fond enough of a game I'll jump right on it, as was the case with Soul Calibur 4's costume DLC. I love dressing my characters up. o3o

In a similar vein, I'm all too happy to purchase premium currency if I'm fond enough of a game and its developer - a good example being Failbetter Game's Fallen London browser game, the developers of which I adore to the point of being willing to toss a decent bit of money around for.

• 3 months later...

I kind of hate dlc's why do we have to buy an addon to get cool and new stuff thats what updates are for...

There's DLCs and DLCs, if it's something like the DLCs EA puts there I'd rather not buy it, but if it's something that adds to the story like Bioshock Infinite's DLC, Burial At The Sea, sure, why not.