Cartoons that you've watched..

KeyDee

Hello, everyone I've decided to go off-topic for a bit and start talking about things not too different from anime, clearly speaking - Cartoons.

The question is, are some of you guys some fan of cartoons are just watch a bit or do not. (Cause I don't watch much, cause there's not that many interesting cartoons that pique my interest). But Gravity Falls, Adventure Time and some are really great cartoons to watch and I totally wasted much of my time into those series. (Shit, I wasted my time on tinker bell too)

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

I don't watch many shows in general, but some that I do like are...

Adventure Time

Sonic Boom

Ducktales 2017

I think that's all I'm currently watching and I really like those shows. Looking forward to more new episodes of Sonic Boom. The only other shows I can think of that I watched, but ended months ago, was the 2012 version of TMNT. 

• Like 1

Only old animations!

I'm talking about Popeye, Thundercats, and Dragon Tales, my favorite ones. As for recently released cartoons, I'd say Steven Universe. In all honesty, though, I don't like any other cartoons that were released these days.. these gems lost their charm.

2 hours ago, Wedgy said:

Little known fact about me, I'm totally in love with South Park. I think that counts as a cartoon? In its early days, there was a lot of crude or questionable humour and its bank of comedy relied largely on running gags, despite having some genius sprinkled here and there. The newer seasons, from around 2007 and onwards, have matured a lot from those days and has a sense of continuity. I've even gotten my mother hooked on it. If you ignore the fact that its been running for twenty years, its seen a lot more character development than you would expect from a programme of its nature, which is something that is especially important for me to like something. Just about every single character has some kind of quirk, some history, and stories to tell, and I just love them all to bits.

I totally forgot about South Park.  I still watch that.  I miss when the show had normal-length seasons, though.  The most recent season was pretty enjoyable.

Anyway, the reason the show matured was probably because Matt and Trey have. They're both in their late 40s now.

Edited by ssjup81
  • Like 1

I don't watch much for cartoons but some shows I like are:

Adventure Time

Regular Show

Teen Titans Go

South Park

Family Guy

Futurama

I think that's about it to be honest, lol.

• Like 1

I am a huge Futurama fan and if you don't like it, you can bite my shiny metal *** :P Heheheh.  But really, I actually collected most of the seasons, and watch it at home from time to time.  I also enjoy watching The Simpsons.  That's about it....most western cartoons these days that are meant for adults require you to either be very high, very drunk, or very stupid to enjoy.  Since I don't fall into any of those categories, I just don't bother. 

• Like 2

Adventure Time has to be my all-time favorite cartoon (well, except for the ones I watched during my childhood...go Powerpuff Girls!)

But other than that I also like Regular Show a lot and I just started watching Gravity Falls, which is also pretty cool

• Like 1

I'm pretty much addicted to Scooby doo and the Mystery Incorporated. It tends to be quite predictable but I'm still hyped about it. Also, I've been watching Disney and Cartoon Network since I was a kid before discovering anime so I pretty know a number of cartoons. :D

And about Adventure Time, I really love the soundtrack. <3 My imouto introduced it to me actually. xD

• Like 2

Teen titans- dis cartoon is acctualy amazing and so funny. 

Regular show- also another amazing cartoon. It’s amazing X10

Phinese and ferbs- it’s also amazing 

and finally sponge bob square pants- I stop watching it but it was a good cartoon still.

Also gravity falls was also good. 

Edited by Part_time_anime

• 6 months later...

I haven't been watching a lot cartoon series lately as most of the ones I have some interest in (Steven Universe, Miraculous Ladybug) are  currently on hiatus. However, October thru December is the time when I get nostalgic for a lot of the animated holiday specials (Charlie Brown, Garfield, The Grinch, Rudolph). Also there are a number of animated movies that have a seasonal feel to them as well (The Nightmare Before Christmas, Paranorman, The 1977 version of The Hobbit ). And within the past month I checked out a couple Disney/Pixar sequels (Wreck-it Ralph 2, Incredibles 2).

Growing up Hana Barbera was the dominant force in television cartoons  as well as stuff like Tom & Jerry, Loony Tunes, Popeye, Rocky & Bullwinke, Groovy Ghoulies, Underdog, Tennessee Tuxedo, Pink Panther, etc. Later there was stuff like Thundercats, Silver Hawks, G I Joe, Transformers. 

• Like 1

I have watched so many cartoons just like anime. I am really into animation there is way to many to list here, but here is a few to give a idea of my taste.

Most super hero cartoons both marvel and DC

All Avatar and Kora

The Flintstones

Family Guy

Rick and Morty

The Simpsons

Almost all the Disney 90s cartoons

Ben 10 all accept for Omniverse lol

Dany Phantasm

and much more with a serialized plot

• Agree 1

• 4 weeks later...

Haven't watched cartoons for a long time. I had a mix viewing between Disney Channel, Cartoon Network, and Nickelodeon cartoons;

• Kim Possible
  • Teen Titans
  • Totally Spies
  • American Dragon: Jake Long
  • Phineas and Ferb
  • Rugrats and Rugrats: All Grown Up
  • Recess
  • Lilo & Stitch: The Series
  • The Powerpuff Girls
  • My Life as a Teenage Robot
  • Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius
  • Spider-Man: The Animated Series
  • The Fairly Odd Parents
  • The Mask: The Animated Series
  • Spongebob Squarepants
  • Courage the Cowardly Dog
  • KND: Kids Next Door

Oh, and there's a cartoon I haven't watched much, but I consider it to be criminally underrated: Fillmore, Disney's parody of '70s cop drama set in an elementary school. If that intriguing premise doesn't grab you, I don't know what will. It's a hardcore series with amazing character writing and compelling emotional drama. My only problem is that, as a non-American, the dialogue often escapes my comprehension, so I really need subtitles to watch that show.

Edited by Dondake
  • Like 1

Way, way too many to list them all, but my childhood memories of Saturday morning cartoons - yes, we had TV back then - include at least ( though in no particular order)...

Any and all Warner Bros.:  Animaniacs, Pinky and Brain, Loony Tunes, Bugs Bunny, Roadrunner.. the original uncensored are still a hoot to me even today.  (Chuck Jones was amazing.)

Space Angels (See avatar)

Felix the Cat (the wonderful wonderful cat...)

Cecil and Beanie Boy

Atom Ant

Casper (the Friendly Ghost!)

Mighty Mouse

Tom and Jerry

Heckle and Jeckle

Underdog ("Speed of lightning, roar of thunder, fighting all who, rob or plunder.. Underdog!")

Dangermouse (Oooh ickI  Oh crumbs!  Crikey!)

The Tick (Spoon!)

Scooby Doo!

Ren and Stimpy (gritty kitty litter, the Happy Helmet)

Rocky and Bullwinkle ("Watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat", "What?  Not again!")

41 minutes ago, efaardvark said:

Underdog ("Speed of lightning, roar of thunder, fighting all who, rob or plunder.. Underdog!")

The Plain White Tees' cover of the theme song was the only positive thing about the attempt at a live action version

• Like 2

Don't. Get. Me. Started. On. Cartoons:

Ah you got me going down nostalgia road. AND i have more. But i believe that's enough for now.

We've primarily been talking about cartoon series, but I also remember in the mid to late 70's there were a number of prime time specials that were animated versions of literary classics. The ones I remember were Riki Tiki Tavi, The White Seal, The Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe & The Little Mermaid (definitely NOT the Disney version as it kept the fairytale's original ending, which is not happily ever after at all).

• Like 1

On 12/31/2018 at 8:05 PM, Beocat said:

@Crevanille long list but it is good to see another Code Lyoko and Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century fan out there! I think of my own list you are missing Cybersix, but I'm going to guess you probably saw it but it slipped your mind...

Wow. You know what? This is probably the first time EVER there was a cartoon of the 90's i don't remember seeing. I don't recall this cartoon which is odd since i can remember cartoons as far as back as 6 years old.

38 minutes ago, Crevanille said:

Wow. You know what? This is probably the first time EVER there was a cartoon of the 90's i don't remember seeing. I don't recall this cartoon which is odd since i can remember cartoons as far as back as 6 years old.

Haha, I do like obscure stuff but I was thrilled when they rereleased it recently. Have my copy in my anime collection now, I regard it so highly. Did you ever see Invasion America? I think it got one run in my area, no reruns, but I thought it was great at the time. Nimoy did some voice acting for it too though you rarely see it credited go him as he was a side character. I'd pull up a trailer of it to post but I'm at work right now and that would doubtlessly not be missed by my coworkers. 🙂

• Like 1