What movies make you nostalgic/feel good?

Sakura

The Hobbit (1977)

The Last Unicorn (1982)

The Sword in the Stone (1963)

The Wizard of Oz (1939) 
Mary Poppins (1964)
Charlotte’s Web (1973)

Lucas (1986)

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Awesome (Sugoi) 1

• 1 month later...

Childhood Nostalgia (man, Ohayotaku hit a lot of my favs XD)

The Hobbit/The Return of the King (Rankin & Bass)
The Lord of the Rings (Bakshi)
The Never Ending Story
Flight of Dragons
Faeries (this is incredibly hard to find, it's based on Brian Froud/Alan Lee/David Day--I think Day helped--book)
Wind in the Willows (animated)
Labyrinth
The Dark Crystal

Teens:
Up in Smoke
Wizards
Hair
Rocky Horror Picture Show (before everyone in college over watched it)
Easy Rider
Vampire Hunter D (both films)
Darkside Blues
Dark City
Ninja Scroll
Clerks (well, most of the Jay & Silent Bob, but Clerks in particular)
LOTR Trilogy

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zila said:

The Dark Crystal is so much fun, great to see Dark City here too @Blue Dragon . 🤩👍

It's one of those movies I can watch countless times. 

Me, too! I loved it when I was young! I remember searching for a hard copy of it for a long time, and finally finding it at like a Game Stop in a neon green VHS case XD

Then finally it came out on DVD. I was stoked :3

5 hours ago, RZ. said:

The Dark Crystal is such a relaxing film for me. Especially when the Gelfling song plays.

There was so much thought put into the world, right down to the music! It's impressive how large of a world was created :D Such amazing work, and all hand made.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There are lots, but the first few that come to mind are mostly Ghibli.  Some classics like Totoro or Spirited Away.  Kiki's and Castle in the Sky and Whisper of the Heart are a few others that I've watched several times over the years.  Getting away from the "G" and in a more "nostalgic" vein there's stuff like Wizards that takes me back to my middle/high school days.  :D

The OG and Prequel Star Wars films alongside the first three Indie films are really nostalgic for me. Then there's the first two Terminators, Predator and a bunch of Arnold Schwarzenegger other films like Total Recall, Kindergarden Cop, Commando and that one were he's trying get the toy for his son on Christmas. 

No idea why his films are the epitome of my childhood movies. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/18/2021 at 9:46 AM, Ohayotaku said:

Just curious if anyone’s tried to watch the Netflix series & what their thoughts are

Did you end up watching it? I started it a while back, but by the time the pandemic hit full force, having known where things were going, I got a little too depressed to finish it XD

I want to go back, because honestly the episodes I saw were good. I went into the show thinking it was going to be a crappy cash grab, but it was actually well thought out and I wanted to finish it (just didn't have it in me at the time).

Sorry for like...the stupidly delayed response. 2021 was a very...very bad year at our place (not getting into it, but lots of trips to the hospital, which was a place we wanted to avoid D:)

• Friendly 1

I actually haven’t watched it yet either, though it’s still on my PTW list. @Kreideprinz comments & yours definitely make me want to check it out.

Sorry to hear about your difficulties, hope things gave at least improved somewhat. And good to hear from you after awhile.

• Like 1