What anime are you watching now?

Optic

On 8/21/2023 at 1:06 AM, Soramee_ said:

I’ve been watching the second season of the devil is a part timer. I like the art style of season 1 better but I like this season nonetheless.

I started watching the 2nd cour of season 2. I’ve seen a lot of people complain that season 2 is a disappointment, but I actually prefer it over season 1.

Hyped that JJK returns a week from today.
Trailer for the upcoming arc.

• Like 1

On 12/26/2022 at 5:18 PM, Dark_Knight206 said:

I am currently watching one piece, blue lock, my hero academia season 6, and jujutsu kaisen.

I have just finished future diary yesterday and am almost caught up to one piece(at 1011)

I just started Blue Lock. I know its not accurate to real life team sports, but interesting concept nonetheless.

the other day I decided to rewatch Howl's Moving Castle!! It's one of my absolute favourite movies now and it's started a Studio Ghibli obsession lol. I finished watching Kiki's Delivery service a few minutes ago and I'm deciding which one to watch next 🤭

I am not a guy for open ends haha

Just finsihed Dead Mount death play. I liked it an would recommend it. But the ending feels like we are still mid season. And i know,..great so they can continue s2 with a great storyline. But still. Really open ends, never my thing.

BTW this was a great anime. I can also recommend the other one, magic and muscles.

I have still 3 hrs before sleep, what to watch now haha

• Like 1

I've now finished watching Anonymous Noise, not a bad series, but not a particularly good one either. It's another of those high school Slice of Life series about a group of students who are in a band, and I've seen better examples of this scenario.  The artwork and animation are a decent quality, but the storyline ah, yes, the storyline. The main character is a girl who likes singing and wearing a surgical mask, but not usually at the same time, she's trying to find her childhood friend who moved away suddenly without any notice or warning. Later on she meets another guy so a sort of  love triangle develops between the two guys and the girl, but it's a bit of a messed up triangle because none of them are honest with themselves of each other about expressing their feelings. While the storyline does a good job of exploring the complex relationships between the main cast ultimately it goes nowhere and the series ends back where it  started with no real resolution.

16 hours ago, Bulleje76 said:

I am not a guy for open ends haha

Just finsihed Dead Mount death play. I liked it an would recommend it. But the ending feels like we are still mid season. And i know,..great so they can continue s2 with a great storyline. But still. Really open ends, never my thing.

BTW this was a great anime. I can also recommend the other one, magic and muscles.

I have still 3 hrs before sleep, what to watch now haha

Since you liked Mashle, you might like Helck (ongoing). And since you liked Dead Mount Death Play you might like Baccano & Durarara (by the same writer)

18 hours ago, KaiyaSaysHaiya said:

the other day I decided to rewatch Howl's Moving Castle!! It's one of my absolute favourite movies now and it's started a Studio Ghibli obsession lol. I finished watching Kiki's Delivery service a few minutes ago and I'm deciding which one to watch next 🤭

My personal faves would be Princess Mononoke, Nausicaa & Castle in the Sky.

• Like 2

Got current on The Duke of Death & His Maid season 2.

Helck has improved somewhat, more likely that I will stick with it.

Really enjoying Zom 100, but the repeated delays between eps is annoying. And the fourth group member still hasn’t made her debut yet.

Today I finished watching the first season of Non Non Biyori, which is a series about four cute girls who live in the country and do cute things. It has no real overall story and is just a series of incidents from their lives, in short it has nothing to really commend it...

...Except that it is a brilliant series and great fun to watch. I really liked the subtle situational humour and the long pauses where the character clearly has no idea how to respond or react to a question or situation.  I also liked the Russian Rice Balls gag, where you fill one rice ball with mustard and the person who gets it loses. (even better was the fact that the person who made the rice balls lost!)

I've just watched the Non Non Biyori Vacation movie. Great fun to watch and full of the usual cute girl craziness and subtle humour. One of the gang wins the grand prize in the supermarket's lottery (I wonder how many times that's happened 🙂 in an anime series). So off they all go and have a great time together.

Yesterday I finished watching the first season of  Sounds of Life. This is another one of those Slice of Life series based around the members of a high school club, but this one is rather different to the usual stories.  The club in question is the Koto club, a Koto is a large traditional Japanese stringed instrument.
With all but one of its members having graduated the sole remaining member is looking for new recruits to keep the club from being disbanded but the members he gets aren't quite the sort he would have wanted because several of them have, well earned, reputations for being delinquent trouble-makers and fighters and another is a highly talented Koto player from a prestigious family who is rather scathing about everyone else's skill level. The club has a lot of problems ranging from hostility from other students, a vice principal who would like the trouble-makers expelled and the Koto club shut down and a club advisor who'd rather the club didn't exist.
The Koto club isn't the harmonious happy group of friends that we normally get in this sort of series, but as the series progresses we learn the backstories of the main characters and their reasons for joining the club and we see the club slowly coming together.

While I wouldn't say I enjoyed watching this series, it's not a fun storyline, but on another level I did enjoy watching as the characters tried to overcome their pasts and strive to produce something good between them
The artwork and animation are of a decent quality and it has quite a good and interesting storyline so I'm looking forward to watching the second season.

10 hours ago, anaBv said:

Bungou stray dogs, fire force, vinland saga, fullmetal alchemist, noragami y free!!

That's a lot of series. I only watch one at a time, otherwise I can get confused.

It's one of the hazards of getting old 🙂.

Hace 11 horas, Animedragon dijo:

Esas son muchas series. Solo miro uno a la vez, de lo contrario puedo confundirme.

Es uno de los peligros de envejecer 🙂.

es que casi me las estoy terminando y tengo mucho tiempo que no veo anime y como estoy de vacaciones las puedo ver al mismo tiempo XD

• Like 1

2 hours ago, anaBv said:

es que casi me las estoy terminando y tengo mucho tiempo que no veo anime y como estoy de vacaciones las puedo ver al mismo tiempo XD

Hello! Please try to keep the forums in English, if you'd like to create a specific Spanish club for discussion, be my guest

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Animedragon said:

That's a lot of series. I only watch one at a time, otherwise I can get confused.

It's one of the hazards of getting old 🙂.

It’s not unusual for me to follow 12-15 weekly airing series at a time. Though if a series has a complex storyline I’ll binge it or at least watch episodes in batches. My MAL profile is the most up to date record of my viewing habits.

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Awesome (Sugoi) 1

Did the 3-ep thing on The Girl I Like Forgot Her Glasses.  Planning on continuing at the end of the season but I gotta say I already have one complaint about the animation.  The dust motes.  One of those things that you don't notice right away but once I did I found it very distracting.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, Ohayotaku said:

It’s not unusual for me to follow 12-15 weekly airing series at a time. Though if a series has a complex storyline I’ll binge it or at least watch episodes in batches. My MAL profile is the most up to date record of my viewing habits.

You have impressive multi-tasking abilities. 😃

• Like 1