Optic

What anime are you watching now?

ummmm , a friend recommended me to watch this show call : quintessential quintuplets 

should i watch it ? they said it was really good 

37 minutes ago, Anime loveer said:

ummmm , a friend recommended me to watch this show call : quintessential quintuplets 

I considered it to be a pretty typical harem  comedy myself, but it was popular enough that there’s supposed to be a second season later this year. From what I remember it isn’t really ecchi,  but not very original either. And personally didn’t like about half the characters.

I just finished the season’s final episode of Welcome to Demon School, Iruma-kun which I found surprisingly enjoyable. The plot revolves around a 14 year old who goes to school in the netherworld after being adopted by a demon (actually, he was sold by his deadbeat parents 😂 While the emphasis is on comedy, there actually is a bigger story that we get a hint of during the school festival arc & the fact that the throne of thee demon realm has been vacant for quite some time. It won’t appeal to everyone as it can be pretty silly & cartoonish, but for people who don’t like excessive fanservice or violence it stays in PG territory throughout. Season 2 has been scheduled for next year & I’m already looking forward to it 😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Anime loveer said:

I wouldn't go so far as to say it was "really good".  It was watchable, and it does have a plot device or two that keep it from winding up in the "just another ..." category, though as ohiotaku said it is otherwise a pretty typical harem.  If that's your kind of thing then you'll probably enjoy it.

1 hour ago, Ohiotaku said:

popular enough that there’s supposed to be a second season later this year

Meh... I understand there's something like a dozen volumes to the manga too.  Go figure.

• Like 1

Watched the two special episodes that bridge seasons 1  & 2 of Ascendence of a Bookworm. Very cute 😊

Just started Paranoia Agent & so far, wow! It's about this creepy kid that goes around attacking people with a baseball bat & I don't know what it is exactly but it's just so damn unnerving! I've only watched the 1st episode but I can tell I'm really going to enjoy this :) 

• Like 1

I haven't been watching a lot of anime, but the one I'm currently watching is In/Spectre. That's about it.

• Like 1

I tried watching Koi to Uso today. I got three episodes in and had to change it. I felt to cringe ^^;

I'm so sad, the concept of this seems like it could go really far if the characters are deeply developed. 

Is it worth continuing? @_@ 

At the present moment I decided to settle into Yugioh GX subbed as I have never seen it till now and honestly in the subbed version it is actually quite good. Nowhere near as good as the first two series mind you, but still worth watching at least once.

Just finished Paranoia Agent & now I'm getting into Shiki. I watched the 1st episode & I'm pretty intrigued so I hope it's good :) If Shiki doesn't hold my interest I'll probably try Hell Girl or Death Note next.

Shiki is kinda slow, but probably my favorite horror series. Has some similarities to Stephen King’s Salem’s Lot

Posted (edited)
On 3/12/2020 at 9:22 PM, Ohiotaku said:

Shiki is kinda slow, but probably my favorite horror series. Has some similarities to Stephen King’s Salem’s Lot

I'm just gonna put it out there that people with vivid imaginations probably shouldn't watch this show at night. And if you don't *already* have an anxiety condition...welp....

Also, it will take a few episodes to really get going but once it does, yikes! 

Edited by RuthisianCodex

On 3/12/2020 at 7:22 PM, Ohiotaku said:

I was going to watch this but when I finally got around to it it wasn't available on crunchy anymore,  :(

@efaardvark looks  like Hulu is the only legal streaming service in the US right now.

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Ohiotaku said:

@efaardvark looks  like Hulu is the only legal streaming service in the US right now.

*sips my tropical fruit smoothie innocently while keeping my lips sealed about how I'm watching Shiki since I don't have Hulu*

I’m aware it happens, I just don’t promote it :P 

I just finished " snow white with the red hair ! " it was a really really good anime

Im watching Quintessential quintuplets . 

Just got into Tokyo Ghoul and I have to say I'm thoroughly addicted. I haven't been this consumed by an anime series in a long time. 

Posted (edited)

Currently Watching Mo Dao Zu Shi S2 (8/10) and soon I will start watching Vinland Saga (5/10) which I put on hold after 10 episodes.

Edited by Humbby

This week I finally finished Shiki & also began & finished Somali and the Forest Spirit! Somali is absolutely adorable!!!

Currently watching Boogiepop Phantom. 

• Like 2