thetacogod57

what are your anime unpopular opinions?

I finished watching FLCL and came right over here...……………..

………..

I don't get it.

...Where was the good part?  The art was nice, but when did the show get good?  I missed it....I think...

12 hours ago, The History Kid said:

………..

I don't get it.

...Where was the good part?  The art was nice, but when did the show get good?  I missed it....I think...

nYTAFuN.jpg

• Funny 3

13 hours ago, The History Kid said:

………..

I don't get it.

Maybe you just don't understand comedy. Then again western comedy has turned into a bunch of yelling and screaming, thanks to pewdiepie and markiplier. 

Edited by Serge heartless

I managed to pick up just enough of FLCL’s symbolism to never be entirely sure when it was actually trying to say something & when it was just being weird.   

29 minutes ago, Ohiotaku said:

I managed to pick up just enough of FLCL’s symbolism to never be entirely sure when it was actually trying to say something & when it was just being weird.   

Seeing how the creator said he wanted to break all the rules of anime. Meaning it doesn't follow any of the standards of other anime.  Also if you don't get japans type of comedy, then you just won't get FLCL. I remember also in high school people who watched anime, also didn't get Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo. Its just a different kind of comedy. 

Its like a picasso painting, you appreciate it for how unique it is. 

Edited by Serge heartless

37 minutes ago, Serge heartless said:

Its like a picasso painting, you appreciate it for how unique it is. 

Yeah, they also took a dirty urinal, turned it upside down and called it art. That doesn't make it good.

Good art is good art. It doesn't require an elaborate 25 page thesis to explain why it is good.

Edited by The History Kid

Mmmm...perhaps discussions like these are what makes it an unpopular opinion?

Ancient Magus Bride was meh....I'm pretty sure I wasn't burned out at the time I watched it either.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Beocat said:

Mmmm...perhaps discussions like these are what makes it an unpopular opinion?

That was my next comment. lol

I'll still watch S2.  Just didn't get what all the hype was about.

• Like 1

I really enjoy ClassicaLoid, GetBackers deserve way more attention, I think Sword Art Online and Evangelion are overrated.

Sometimes, I think anime critically loses concept in an attempt to appear deep with symbolism. It feels like an excuse to end something when they don't know how.

That said, I certainly don't mind anyone liking what they like (or disliking)! 😁

• Agree 1

I thought this was an unpopular opinion, but reading through here it seems it isn't! 😂 But yeah I didn't like SAO. I think if it was darker and focused on the fact there were trapped (like what happens to their bodies, why did some of them just settle in to their life in the game and not seem to care about never going back to their families etc etc) then it would have got my attention more. Though I have to say it is a good few years since I watched it, and I only watched season 1 so they may have gone more into this I dunno...

I don't like long running shonen shows, such as Naruto, as I find it far to repetitive. 

I dunno how unpopular this opinion is, it may be very popular, but I dislike the sexualisation of school age characters. (Yes I really hated Kill La Kill and gave up after about 4 episodes 😂)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I can't really laugh at all with shonen humor and i really don't see myself enjoying typical shonen stories as of late like Psyren or even FMA because i just found Edward to be pretty bratty and the characters of psyren to be the typical tropey type cast. I can't even see myself laughing at all the lighthearted stuff in most slice of life or shonen anime either and i see that my humor is really drawn more to Hikigaya Hachiman or Tomoko Kuroki type stuff.

In fact as a whole i don't really see myself enjoying shonen as of late basically the only real shonen i can like is the either more darker serious stuff like Death Note Or Black Butler. Darker than black i didn't had a good impression of either probably because i watched season 2 instead of season 1 and i didn't enjoy the cast of the story either.

I 'm going to be basically be more pickier from here on out and look for stuff that i am interseted in reading and not bother looking at stuff i might not be.

Edited by Lonewolf97
rewriting some stuff